Israeli diplomat expelled from Russia

bhramos

Country flag
Israeli diplomat expelled from Russia

Israeli diplomat Shmuel Polishuk, who serves in Nativ, was forced to urgently leave Moscow after Russian authorities accused him of espionage, it was reported on Thursday.

Israel had pressured Russia to prevent his official expulsion and even threatened a counter move, Ma'ariv reported. According to the report, it was eventually agreed upon that he would not be declared a 'persona non grata' but would have to leave the country.

The Foreign Ministry did not provide any details other than saying that the issue was being examined by the foreign ministries of the two countries.

Nativ is a body that operates under the Prime Minister's Office and its official capacity is to encourage aliya from Russia. In the past, Nativ was part of the intelligence community.

The body was established in 1952 and in the first years of the state's existence worked clandestinely most of the time. It worked to bring Jews living in what was then the Soviet Union closer to Judaism, Zionism and Israel, often operating deep inside the staunchly anti-Zionist and anti-Semitic soviet empire.

Nativ's activities were diminished after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1990. In 2006 it was made subordinate to the Ministry of Strategic Affairs, then headed by Avigdor Lieberman, who currently serves as foreign minister. When Lieberman's ministry was shut down Nativ was again put under the authority of the Prime Minister's Office.

Israeli diplomat deported from Russia | Israel | Jerusalem Post

shiv

did he steal the tech on how to make black caviar?cuz other then that i think the israelis are on par in technology in all other fields...

bbsh

Maybe something to do with the ***damak affair.. Just a thought

ahmedsid

Top Gun
did he steal the tech on how to make black caviar?cuz other then that i think the israelis are on par in technology in all other fields...
Yeah? What about the S400? What about the PakFa?? I mean Israel doesnt have a Fifth Gen, and What about the AESA?? The Russians are closer to the AESA than the Israelis I think.

Dont belittle the Russians like that, coz then I have to say the Indian army is running on Caviars!!

bhramos

Country flag
the above article says some thing like anti-culture activities like nativ,
as part of tech and radars Israel is ahead,
so India is investing on electronics in Israel.

StealthSniper

I think the Israeli's are ahead in some areas but the Russians also are nobody to undermine. I do think though, that USA is using Israel as a buffer to get information and maybe create friends for the wrong reasons and Russia is catching on to them maybe.

bhramos

Country flag
U may be true,
but whats the exact reason only our Russian friends on this only could tell exactly.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Shoring up the faith, that is what!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles