Israeli air force chief in India, looks to expand ties

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So this strategic relationship is basically in the realm of weapons sales and assistance to our DRDO?

Any interest in Pakistan or Sri Lanka?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I am not very much up to date regarding the defence co-operation between India and Israel. Besides buying the necessary equipment from them, Do we have any joint venture in the manufacturing sector in the pipeline?

bhramos

Country flag
I am not very much up to date regarding the defence co-operation between India and Israel. Besides buying the necessary equipment from them, Do we have any joint venture in the manufacturing sector in the pipeline?
we have lot more relations with Israel, but most of would be kept secret, as most Muslims in India dont like Israel, so due to this factor, so politicians keep it low profile as they will not get votes...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
India should give an airbase to Israel somewhere in Cochin/Lakshwdeep. We should also Buy Iron Dome, David Sling, More combat UAV and Phalcon.
Why ?

We should not give base to any country...we should try to make Indian ocean our own. Having relation is one thing but giving bases is another! Only puppet countries allow bases on there land.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Why ?

We should not give base to any country...we should try to make Indian ocean our own. Having relation is one thing but giving bases is another! Only puppet countries allow bases on there land.
How does one say sinn fein in hindi?:lol:

SHASH2K2

rather than wasting bandwidth does anyone has any Idea or update what are the agendas for this visit . Is it for some defence deals or to discuss some strategy about Iran.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
How about some strategy about a nation under terrorist threat and whose Armed forces HQ along with nuke storage have already been attacked.
Iran could be only tactic to divert attention from the real target. I think the alliance is already formed and the actual target could be where rest of the world least expects.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Isreali tourists are in big numbers in a beach near Trivaandrum. They can stay as long as they want.

They are a treat to the eyes , esp the babes. :hail:
Why not share the photograph of babes with rest of us?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are a whole lot of Israelis who visit Kashmir.

Galaxy

Country flag
Israel urges coalition against terrorism

25 Nov 2011, 1447 hrs IST, TIMES NOW

Six Israelis were killed during the tragic 26/11 attacks and now on the eve of the third anniversary of the terror attack, Israel has demanded a fresh resolve to tackle global terror, adding that it will work jointly with India & U.S to root out terror...Israel has also warned Pakistan against sheltering terror outfits.

When Mumbai was under seige one of the targets was the Jewish Chabad house. Six Israelis died in the attack, including Rabbi Gavriel and his wife Rivka Holtzberg leaving behind two year old baby Moshe.

Its an attack that Israel has not forgotten. Director of Terror project, INSS Youram Schweitzer said, 'The aim of the perpetrators was definitely to cause friction between India and Pakistan but also I think the choice of targets indicates that they were also looking to materialise some of the agenda of the global jihadis meaning to go after foreigners.

That message was aimed at reminding Pakistan of its international obligation to unravel the full truth behind the Mumbai attacks. Also a reminder to Pakistan that terror as state policy is doomed.

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs for Israel, Danny Ayalon also added, We have to today pool all our resources together. Like minded countries like India and Israel together with our common best friend and ally the United States and other countries share all these resources to defend our people...our way of life...and our future.

Three years since 26/11 Israel made a fresh appeal to close ranks against global terror networks and strengthening the resolve to get justice for the victims of the Mumbai carnage.

Terror experts predict more Mumbai style attacks and they are concerned that whatever happened in Mumbai 3 years ago may happen again somewhere else soon.

After a period of turmoil that lead to the death of 38 protesters.. Egypt's ruling Military Council has apologised for the deaths of protesters. But this hasn't stopped the protesters who are continuing to demonstrate in Cairo and other Egyptian cities...the protesters are adamant..that they will not end their fight till military rulers step down.

Israel urges coalition against terrorism- TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Blackwater

Is it true during kargil war and after words. Israeli commander are available in kashmir to guide us

SPIEZ

Country flag
Iron dome is more for Katusiya type rockets, the SPYDER we have have bought provide more than enough coverage then David's sling and Iron Dome combined, if anything we should try to get the beam weapon NAUTILUS.

Nautilius has failed it seems !

It would be better if they consulted in our ABM program from what I know they are working on AVATAR with us??

http://defenceforumindia.com/strategic-forces/155-hypersonic-vehicles-scramjets-2.html
I think it would violate MTCR, but help from behind the lines is no problem !

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

anyone has any updates about KALI ? If its miniaturized it can be a game changer.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Actually you are right. David Sling/Iron dome is good for Israel/Singapore since they have to cover only small area. We have vast area to cover. But we need LRSAM capable of destroying Missiles like S-400, Patriot System, Arrow-2.

May be they can increase the range ?? They developed Iron Dome from Barak only. So, I think it's possible. I read a very amazing statement from Israeli top defence official in favour of India last year. If i will find that news, I will post. It was about secret deal.
s400, ARROW 2, PATRIOT are ANTI-BALLISTIC MISSILES.
Arrow sale was blocked by the US, now we are developing a successful ABM system.

Whereas the IRON DOME was intended for katyushas, rocket artilerries and standard artilleries and mortars. Unless we are near the border area's there isn't a real threat forom these artillery based munitions.

Land based BARAK system or SPYDER can be used against a wide array of aerial threats, especially for higher spectrum like Air-Ground Missiles, Cruise missile apart from the many other platforms.

I think something like the SPYDER could be really usefull.

ANY LASER WEAPON DEVELOPMENT WILL ALWAYS BE GREAT!

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Well Indian Army does not need any guidance from any army in the world. We are well off with what we know and what we can do. Combing up pakistan and ending the war in 10 days during 1971 is not just so easy, when comparing the technology with what pakistan had with it during the 1971 war. They had a superior technology when compared to us, but we out smarted them with what we had. We did not get any help what-so-ever from any part of the world except Russia.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles