Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East

British Bengal Tiger

I'm a very strong supporter of Israel. I also belong to the conservative friends of Israel group UK (don't wish to advertise).

At times I get the feeling that the Indian government is walking over egg shells when it concerns supporting the state of Israel.

Israel is surrounded by enemy states, it's a country which has fought against Arab terrorism for a long time. Whenever there's a terror incident in Israel, we all loudly condemn it. Yet, we don't look into the wider picture.

THERE IS NO PALESTINE, THERE WILL NEVER BE A PALESTINE AND THERE ARE NO PALESTINIAN PEOPLE. THEY ARE JUST REFUGEES FROM JORDAN WHO ARE CAUSING TROUBLE!

India should openly declare her support for Israel and not be ashamed of it. Who cares what these oil rich Arab states think of India's stance.

Do you agree?

FRYCRY

Country flag
If the Palestinians had used non-violent protest tactics from the very beginning, like Gandhi did, they would already have their own state or equal rights in Israel. Their use of terrorism like this cedes the moral high ground to the Israelis.

Sylex21

I'm a very strong supporter of Israel. I also belong to the conservative friends of Israel group UK (don't wish to advertise).

At times I get the feeling that the Indian government is walking over egg shells when it concerns supporting the state of Israel.

Israel is surrounded by enemy states, it's a country which has fought against Arab terrorism for a long time. Whenever there's a terror incident in Israel, we all loudly condemn it. Yet, we don't look into the wider picture.

THERE IS NO PALESTINE, THERE WILL NEVER BE A PALESTINE AND THERE ARE NO PALESTINIAN PEOPLE. THEY ARE JUST REFUGEES FROM JORDAN WHO ARE CAUSING TROUBLE!

India should openly declare her support for Israel and not be ashamed of it. Who cares what these oil rich Arab states think of India's stance.

Do you agree?
Under the Modi government India has been doing exactly that. You have to remember the issue cannot be viewed in isolation and the geopolitical consequences must be taken into consideration. In the past India wasn't as great a power and the risk of all the Arab nations supporting Pakistan to an even greater extent was a big threat. These days India is becoming more and more pro-Israel but slowly, so as to test the waters and the consequences step by step.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles