Israel - Hamas Gaza Conflict Oct-2023

Azaad

Country flag
You think Jews will play by the books ?
Either Frankenstein will bury his own creation or the world will burn it alive.
The genie is out of the bottle. It can't be forced back into a bottle anymore. You can't exorcise it either . What you can do is limit the damage meaning the Jewish lobby will try it's best to seek the resignations of those three failing which they'd demonise them . That's pretty much it.

That's the only way they can contain the issue to an extent renewing the taboo on criticising Jews. But it's going to be an increasingly uphill task from now onwards as the taboo the Jewish lobby so zealously enforced in the west especially in the US has long been breached.

The generation in college today would be in positions of power in industry , politics , finance , media , the judiciary , academia etc . If even a third likely half the class think like what we're witnessing across the board , the case of Israel getting a free pass in the west is a thing of the past.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
The genie is out of the bottle. It can't be contained in a bottle anymore. You can't exorcise it either , what you can do is limit the damage meaning the Jewish lobby will try it's best to seek the resignations of those three failing which they'd demonise them . That's pretty much it.

That's the only way they can control the issue to an extent renewing the taboo on criticising Jews. But it's going to be an increasingly uphill task from now onwards as the taboo the Jewish lobby so zealously enforced in the west especially in the US has long been breached.

The generation in college today would be in positions of power in industry , politics , finance , media , the judiciary , academia etc . If even a third likely half the class think like what we're witnessing across the board , the case of Israel getting a free pass in the west is a thing of the past.
Yup. You can't wake up one fine day after 40 years of institutional takeover and rot, and then expect improvements after outraging. This requires an equally planned and funded reclamation from the right, mirroring what the left did. I'm not seeing any signs to that effect.

Azaad

Country flag
Yup. You can't wake up one fine day after 40 years of institutional takeover and rot, and then expect improvements after outraging. This requires an equally planned and funded reclamation from the right, mirroring what the left did. I'm not seeing any signs to that effect.
I'd not take it back 4 decades . I'd take it back to 2001 . How's it in barely 2 decades the Islamic world went from being universal villains to oppressed people ?

I believe the narrative to sanitize the Islamic world in the west ran concurrently to lifting the taboo on scrutiny of Jewish activities worldwide but especially in Israel & particularly in the occupied territories.

For perspective one may want to check when & where did the idea of BDS first germinate & take root .

The Israelis didn't or couldn't suppress this movement which as they found out today much to their horror has led to them being on the receiving end in the battle of narratives. I'm more inclined to believe that it was the former due to sheer inertia & complacency.

Master Chief

Country flag
The genie is out of the bottle. It can't be forced back into a bottle anymore. You can't exorcise it either . What you can do is limit the damage meaning the Jewish lobby will try it's best to seek the resignations of those three failing which they'd demonise them . That's pretty much it.

That's the only way they can contain the issue to an extent renewing the taboo on criticising Jews. But it's going to be an increasingly uphill task from now onwards as the taboo the Jewish lobby so zealously enforced in the west especially in the US has long been breached.

Soon the death toll in Gaza will cross 20,000.. Basically IDF is doing counter insurgency by simply reducing Gaza to rubble.. There will be more voices about Proportionality.. I don't mind the Gazan death toll.. But, it would be interesting to see would successful the Jewish lobby would be in keeping a lid on things in the US.. because daily death toll in overcrowded South Gaza strip is shooting through the roof..

raju1982

Country flag

Azaad

Country flag
Soon the death toll in Gaza will cross 20,000.. Basically IDF is doing counter insurgency by simply reducing Gaza to rubble.. There will be more voices about Proportionality.. I don't mind the Gazan death toll.. But, it would be interesting to see would successful the Jewish lobby would be in keeping a lid on things in the US.. because daily death toll in overcrowded South Gaza strip is shooting through the roof..
Battle lines are already drawn. Is it going to get better ? No far from it . It's going to worsen. Israelis have uttered the mantra of Iran holding all the levers of escalation in the US's ears. That's enough to spook the latter into giving Israel a free pass , public opinion be damned to be satiated by feel good statements of Israel being admonished or reprimanded. How much is Israel going to encash & the US going to permit them this luxury is an developing story !

All things being equal even if the campaign were to end today , the damage to the Palestinian people & their economy is still enormous . This is going to take a couple of generations to recover from , if at all .

SKC

Country flag
I'd not take it back 4 decades . I'd take it back to 2001 . How's it in barely 2 decades the Islamic world went from being universal villains to oppressed people ?

I believe the narrative to sanitize the Islamic world in the west ran concurrently to lifting the taboo on scrutiny of Jewish activities worldwide but especially in Israel & particularly in the occupied territories.

For perspective one may want to check when & where did the idea of BDS first germinate & take root .

The Israelis didn't or couldn't suppress this movement which as they found out today much to their horror has led to them being on the receiving end in the battle of narratives. I'm more inclined to believe that it was the former due to sheer inertia & complacency.
Result of petro-dollars funding Media, universities and governments around the world.

Soldier355

Country flag
Israeli aviation continues to actively use Spice-2000 precision-guided bombs in the Gaza Strip. The video shows such a bomb hitting a building where, according to the IDF, members of Hamas units were seen. The Israeli air bomb "Spice-2000" is guided by GPS and dropped at a distance of up to 60 kilometers from the target. The Spice-2000 glide bomb is produced by the Israeli company Rafael Advanced Defense and weighs 907 kilograms

Global Defence

New threads

Articles