Israel - Gaza Conflict 2021 (Aftermath of Violence at Al-Aqsa Mosque)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
There seems to be reports of rockets intercepted over telaviv, so a random one may have gotten through?
Many got through, but most of it hit small buildings or roads.. a big explosion in a high rise building would have got the news media buzzing.

Tuco

Country flag
Many got through, but most of it hit small buildings or roads.. a big explosion in a high rise building would have got the news media buzzing.
May be it was foiled. Few pages ago there was a news about few rocket guys being taken down.

omaebakabaka

Sorry my bad, that particular one is cgi for sure...telaviv taking hits seems to be real although scarce info on what got hit...

omaebakabaka

Sikhbrah

Country flag
Iron dome is doing a commendable job, wonder how expensive it is to operate.....israel seems to be to worried about world opinion
Contrary to what is being reported in the media, Israel is at a severe disadvantage in this war.

Hamas are launching rockets indiscriminately from their residential areas with civilians - Israel is unable to response back.

This is the same warfare technique used in Chechnya in 1990s.

omaebakabaka

Contrary to what is being reported in the media, Israel is at a severe disadvantage in this war.

Hamas are launching rockets indiscriminately from their residential areas with civilians - Israel is unable to response back.

Yes, they seem to be half hearted and too worried about world opinion....biden regime is probably tying their hands

Tuco

Country flag
Iron dome is doing a commendable job, wonder how expensive it is to operate.....israel seems to be to worried about world opinion...I can just imagine what NK would do to Seoul if hostilities break out
North Korea can target Seoul with artillery right, and they have them in huge numbers. So if Noko attacks first without any warning it will be carnage. But once Soko is air borne situation will change.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
Yes, they seem to be half hearted and too worried about world opinion....biden regime is probably tying their hands
Their warfare plan right now is limited to knocking down buildings after a 1 hour warning, which achieves very limited results.

Tuco

Country flag

And expensive. So question goes both ways isn't it how long can Hamas keep firing and how long can Israel keep defending.

omaebakabaka

Their warfare plan right now is limited to knocking down buildings after a 1 hour warning, which achieves very limited results.
Yeah, I think at some point stocks will exhaust and then they will go pounding and set them back another 10 years back and take out navy and so on but prestige wise, rockets coming over major cities make Israel look a bit vulnerable

omaebakabaka

North Korea can target Seoul with artillery right, and they have them in huge numbers. So if Noko attacks first without any warning it will be carnage. But once Soko is air borne situation will change.
True but NK probably has ton of Short range missiles to target airbases...considering how poor patrioits did in Saudi, who knows...SK has everything to lose, so they would everything to not start a war...chinks may provoke when time is right but hard to see Kim as Chinks bitch....Israel is more unfortunate than India, hope they get a chance to clear out surrounding areas at some point in future

Tuco

Country flag
True but NK probably has ton of Short range missiles to target airbases...considering how poor patrioits did in Saudi, who knows...SK has everything to lose, so they would everything to not start a war...chinks may provoke when time is right but hard to see Kim as Chinks bitch....Israel is more unfortunate than India, hope they get a chance to clear out surrounding areas at some point in future
Yeah Soko is very vulnerable, May be that's why even after so much provocation by NoKo, uncles keeps quite.

Tuco

Country flag
Any idea what the probability of kill for ID is? Does it take 2 missiles to bring one down or 1:1?
Even I am curious, it's like those controlled explosions. I think it's more than one hit. In few videos you can see two to three hits. But my question is how are they hitting basement I mean is the bomb gliding in.

Is this the handiwork of Israeli real estate mafia, lol.

omaebakabaka

Even I am curious, it's like those controlled explosions. I think it's more than one hits. In few videos you can see two to three hits. But my question is how are they hitting basement I mean is the bomb gliding in.
Looks pretty one to one or two to one to me....what do you mean basement? Most AD systems practically do not add value at more than 2 missiles per target....I think it depends on interception distance and priority and the capacity of the system

Tuco

Country flag
Looks pretty one to one or two to one to me....what do you mean basement? Most AD systems practically do not add value at more than 2 missiles per target....I think it depends on interception distance and priority and the capacity of the system
Oh lol my bad, I was talking about building takedowns. I thought you were talking about those buildings.

Yes it seems to be 1:1.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Any idea what the probability of kill for ID is? Does it take 2 missiles to bring one down or 1:1?
Iron Dome has a single shot kill probability of 90%
You can fire two missiles to ensure a more successful interception
It basically calculates the ballistics of the incoming projectile and figures out it's firing solution, the radar/FCS knows so and so projectile will be at so and so place at so and so time
Super complicated maths is done, the missile is launched, it doesn't actually hit the target but fuses off and explodes when it is near the target
Intercept: successful

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
It is, according to Israeli officials, about 90 percent effective at blocking the short-range rockets commonly used by Hamas and other groups in the region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles