Is your State most beautiful?????

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Is your State most beautiful???

Post a picture to prove it.

Here is a new contest arranged by TEAM DFI

We are glad to announce a competition asking entries from the members. What you have to do is to post most beautiful picture to represent the beauty of your State. It may be a picture of her scenic beauty or any remembrance of past glory or her beautiful people, anything you feel most suitable to represent her.

You can make more than one entry but please don’t post more than one picture in a single post.

The thread will be open for next 10days. After that our team of Judges will select the winner.

Team of Judges-Xebex, NSG_Blackcat and our moderator of multimedia section Tarunraju .

You can upload picture here also in member’s Album and post the link. In case of any difficulty feel free to ask our moderator Tarunraju.

So hurry up guys………….

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Odisa (Historically known as Kalinga)​

Sun Temple- Konark​

Konark is also known as Konaditya. The name Konark is derived form the words Kona - Corner and Arka - Sun. It is situated on the north eastern corner of Puri or the Chakrakshetra. Konark is also known as Arkakshetra.

This temple built in 1278 CE by the Ganga King Narasimha Deva and is one of the grandest temples of India and was referred to as the Black Pagoda. The ruins of this temple were excavated in late 19th century. The tower over the Garbagriha is missing, however the Jagmohana is intact, and even in this state, it is awe inspiring.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Another picture of Sun Temple Konark

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
because of the most beautiful rice fields ever . i vote West Bengal

picture by yours truly
taken at village hathirampur, bankura district

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM

West Bengal is most beautiful

Last edited:

Blitz

Founding Member

badami temples northern karnataka
and the previous jog falls from my side to represent karnataka

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Araku, Vizag district, AP. Just some 100 km from the beach is this hill-station. Has some great trekking trails, and tourist spots along the way from Vizag city to Araku. Indian Railways actually built an electrified Broad Gauge line that passes Araku, there's the highest broad-gauge railway station in India.

Neradigonda, Adilabad district, AP. They call this place (up Mahbub ghat, Neradigonda, Keraneri forests, Kadem, and Mavala) the Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh. It doesn't snow, but winter temperatures easily go below 5 degress C. It's misty, sometimes dew freezes over. Many scenic spots. NH7 passes right through.

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Tarun declare the winner in next 4-5 weeks...once my wife is back from onsite we will make trip to the place posted by the winner.........

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Tarun declare the winner in next 4-5 weeks...once my wife is back from onsite we will make trip to the place posted by the winner.........

Now I'm going to eliminate my entry to prevent conflict of interests, before which, I will shamelessly advertise Vizag :D

Take her to Vizag.

I guess that's one of the few places where you can have a typical beach holiday (at Rushikonda, Bheemili), and then take her to a hill station (Araku, Ananthgiri), all in a 4-day trip. It would be a cocktail. You can also spend some time at the Navy exhibit.

http://aptdc.in/vizag/index.php

Rage

DFI TEAM
Wait a second!

[video]http://splicd.com/6j-AeJseryc/62/201[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
My State has all the facets of excellent tourism.

It is possibly the only State that has hills, plains, and the sea within its boundaries.

It has wild life in abundance in the Sunderbans.

It has the Hooghly for river tourism.

There are many historical sites too!

But it is a State that is in a state that makes one wonder if it is in a deep slumber!

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Done.............

Hope she has not visited Andhra earlier. Their family are tour maniac....on an average they make 3-4 four long tours every years plus uncountable numbers of short trips. My sister have visited Araku and Vizag earlier....she said ..."mesmerizingly beautiful"

KS

Bye bye DFI
Im not posting the pics of Tamil Nadu..as it will be a one side contest..:happy_2:

TN rox.!!

Rage

DFI TEAM
^^^ I hate to say this bro. But not a cat's chance in hell. :happy_2:

Here's why Maharashtra is the stud meister.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles