is south india richer than north ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vedic

Recently, I visited my distant family in Hyderabad & Kanpur/Lucknow/Delhi. Toured other parts as well. I found South cleaner and more developed. Cities are definitely ahead while North which is similar to Pakistani Punjab lacks in these parameters.

lcafanboy

Country flag
South India right from Gujrat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa, and Andhra Pradesh, are much ahead of north India economically, since most of the heavy, medium and small Industries, BPOs, Software Companies are in these states. In north only Punjab due to agriculture income, Haryana and Delhi are strong economically due to industries and fact being national capital extending to Haryana.

However with regards to cleaner cities is the fact that people in these southern states are literate and have good hygiene sense and are therefore more clean. North Indian have bad hygiene sense and so are cities are dirty.

airtel

Country flag
stop this North south , all those states which are near sea are richer ........................

Vedic भाई सोच समझ कर पोस्ट करो यहाँ पाकी & चीनी भी है ..................ऐसे फोटो मत पोस्ट करो .........

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Recently, I visited my distant family in Hyderabad & Kanpur/Lucknow/Delhi. Toured other parts as well. I found South cleaner and more developed. Cities are definitely ahead while North which is similar to Pakistani Punjab lacks in these parameters.
Better to mention the states you want to compare. Every state has its own plus and minus.

For example in andhra most of the old money came from fertile Godavari, Krishna and konaseema delta along with fisheries. This money went into Hyderabad expansion.

And of course to manage this all, Naidu's first term also helped a lot.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
To be honest Gujarat is very much similar to any north indian state when it comes to cleanliness.Our megacities such 'Amdavad',Surat,Rajkot etc have good infrastructure hence somewhat cleaner than rest of the sub-rural and urban area.Reason is simple - Education and hygiene unavareness among locals (though it may differ from family to family - Like Jains are notable for their good hygienes)
I've visited UP,Bihar,Haryana that's why i am comparing my state with them but unfortunately i've yet to visit any south indian state.
Hope to see some beauty of south india soon.

airtel

Country flag
They were showing their solidarity after jaya Lalitha death.

well that was idiotic ....................in my state , some people will distribute sweets on politician's death .:daru::daru::daru:

Krusty

Country flag
To be honest Gujarat is very much similar to any north indian state when it comes to cleanliness.Our megacities such 'Amdavad',Surat,Rajkot etc have good infrastructure hence somewhat cleaner than rest of the sub-rural and urban area.Reason is simple - Education and hygiene unavareness among locals (though it may differ from family to family - Like Jains are notable for their good hygienes)
I've visited UP,Bihar,Haryana that's why i am comparing my state with them but unfortunately i've yet to visit any south indian state.
Hope to see some beauty of south india soon.
You should. I recommend driving if possible. Some patches are horrendous but overall, the experience is great. I enjoyed my stay at Guwahati and Mumbai. Visited there with a Friend who's familiar with the place. I should say though, Patna and Lucknow left a sour feeling. The average person in both these cities are extremely rude. And the infrastructure too left a lot to be desired. No offence meant, but as a South Indian Travelling to these cities for the first time, I'm sharing what i observed.

indiazain

Country flag
North India contributes more to the armed forces than South India.
South India Contributes a little more in terms of economy.
Culinary form the south and north are distinct but equally good.
I have been through virtually the whole of India except east India ,Mumbai Delhi Ahmadabad Hyderabad Bangalore Bhopal Nagpur Chandigarh Chennai and smaller cites like manali Shimla vizag(South India),Cochin,Goa . Almost all places in India have their own charm however classiness of almost all cites must improve. Chandigarh tends to be the cleanest and Mumbai the dirtiest.

Krusty

Country flag
North India contributes more to the armed forces than South India.
South India Contributes a little more in terms of economy.
Culinary form the south and north are distinct but equally good.
I have been through virtually the whole of India except east India ,Mumbai Delhi Ahmadabad Hyderabad Bangalore Bhopal Nagpur Chandigarh Chennai and smaller cites like manali Shimla vizag(South India),Cochin,Goa . Almost all places in India have their own charm however classiness of almost all cites must improve. Chandigarh tends to be the cleanest and Mumbai the dirtiest.
I think Patna is far more dirtier than Mumbai.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

3deffect

Country flag
well south has low population..and low population low dirt..south indian 99% educated its also a good factor..north has huge population so more dirt and mostly comes from diffrent states for work in north..and there is lack of education..so you can see people Peeing on road and other stuff.

mayfair

Don't know about "richer" but South is definitely more developed than much of the North, especially the Gangetic belt.

Southern states have better HDIs, better social indices, higher total literacy, higher female literacy, better general hygiene, higher percentage of school going children, higher per capita income, greater GDP (except Gods own country), lesser infant mortality, lower TFR, better infrastructure and better industrialisation. East of NCR, North and East are industrial graveyards (like the Gods own country), gets worse the more East you go.

Heck just look at most Southern leaders/CMs compared to those of the North and East and look at their contributions to their respective states.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Well I'm from Andhra and I've been to Madhya Pradesh recently and my stay was in Bhopal. That city really stinks.

My district in Andhra is very much looked down but still it is hygienic when compared to what it was 5 years ago. And most of Andhra is somewhat better in waste management and drainage systems. Even in case of HUDUD cyclone, we never had a problem with flooding waters in the town.

It's a matter of political conscience and governance. I consider Kerala as the cleanest of all the places I've gone. I've not covered much but still Kerala is clean.

The 'Indi'genization is down to the core.

Last edited:

salute

.................................................................................................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles