Is Pakistan falling to Taliban?

rock45

Founding Member/ RIP our friend
They can be flown, there is no rail, the route by air would be about same distance as an central asian air route, also India and Iran have a port and road developed connected to afghanistan that is a much better possiblity

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/showthread.php?t=1151
That's nice for India but we maybe bombing the reactor soon and there support of the terrorist in Gaza, West Banks and there support of the anti-American forces in Iraq are major hurdles to get past. You never know with my President so I guess there's a chance but "we as a people" don't trust Iran.

Country flag
That's nice for India but we maybe bombing the reactor soon and there support of the terrorist in Gaza, West Banks and there support of the anti-American forces in Iraq are major hurdles to get past. You never know with my President so I guess there's a chance but "we as a people" don't trust Iran.
Rock Obama won't be bombing the reactor under Bush it was a possibility but they still maybe 5 years away from weaponizing their fissile material, in this time we can gain a lot thru diplomatic channels about their intentions and their nuclear program, I know we hate Iran and the bitter history but to win this war all avenues have to be explored.

rock45

rock it may have to come down to diplomacy with Iran Russia is not crazy about allowing USA central asian access either.
Can you really see that happening? the US is the worlds most evil country in their eyes and like Israel should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Country flag
The Russians and Chinese have backed Iran on every UNSC meeting for sanctions or military action, the Russians are building their reactor and supplying fuel, the Chinese had dreams of putting a military base in Iran, lot of the weapons used by insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan are chinese weapons so Iran is not acting alone but I know it is an uncomfortable position but Obama will have to make some tough directions for a better outcome.

Pintu

You are right LF Sir, India can positively play as Mediator between Iran and The USA,also there may be a another patch up with the relation with arrest of an US-Iranian journalist by Iran and subsequently accusing her for 'Spying' , however , with coming back to the point, I'll say that if India successfully can mediate between the USA and Iran on opening up of a possible Nato supply route,as the route along with the port Chahbahar developed with Indian Assistance, not only the Iran and also the USA benefited but also India immensely.

If positive there can be out come:

1. Iran coming out of the 'Rough Nation' status.

2. Iran having extract an assurance of stopping support of Jundallah by the USA, and cease of activity of Jundallah and peaceful settlement of problem arised in Sistan and Baluchistan, with staying of Sistan-Baluchistan province as an integral part of Iran, and the province becomes a developed one.

3. Vice- versa , Iran , India helping Coalition Forces in Afghanistan , as Taliban are common enemy of both Iran , India and also USA(if good taliban / bad taliban theory is out of the USA's mind).

4. Positive settlement of Iran's nuclear issue.The most urgent
a. US allows Iran develop Nuclear energy for peaceful purpose.
b. In lieu of giving that concession the USA might ask Iran to open its all N-Facilities to IAEA monitoring

5. Development excellently in Indo-Iran relation and anti-Indian propaganda in some Iranian media be stopped.

6. Hostility between Israel and Iran deescalates, that is using of rhetoric at least stops.

7. More contracts in Iran awarded to Indian firms, strong relation to Iran, and possible energy co operation between them.

8. More Importantly minimise China's activity there, with Iran stops importing Chinese Arms, and Chinese dream of having military base in Iran tatters.

However all the out comes, I wrote here are just a possibility , if future indicates that India moving to talk with Iran for using the Chahbahar route, and only if Nato, and the USA affirms positively about opening of a new route through Iran and consider giving Iran 'concessions' , for allowing its soil for that, which I wrote. I can be wrong in my assumptions.

Regards

Flint

Wouldn't it well and truly piss off the Pakistanis if Iran and the US could get along? :p

The US keeps asking India and Pakistan to bury the hatchet, maybe we could give the same advice to these two, whatsay? :bye:

rock45

Fill in

Its strange it says my message is too short so I'm typing here to fill some words. I did already add in below.

You are right LF Sir, India can positively play as Mediator between Iran and The USA,also there may be a another patch up with the relation with arrest of an US-Iranian journalist by Iran and subsequently accusing her for 'Spying' , however , with coming back to the point, I'll say that if India successfully can mediate between the USA and Iran on opening up of a possible Nato supply route,as the route along with the port Chahbahar developed with Indian Assistance, not only the Iran and also the USA benefited but also India immensely.

Hi Pintu
I fill in where I can

If positive there can be out come:

1. Iran coming out of the 'Rough Nation' status.
* This is difficult most or a good portion of the worlds terrorism comes or is supported by Iran. I'll admit I may be a little closed minded when it comes to Iran. Americans have directly been killed by their support and many locations around the world.

2. Iran having extract an assurance of stopping support of Jundallah by the USA, and cease of activity of Jundallah and peaceful settlement of problem arised in Sistan and Baluchistan, with staying of Sistan-Baluchistan province as an integral part of Iran, and the province becomes a developed one.
* I don't know all the words you mention but getting any trusted assurance from Iran would be difficult to swallow. There government basically hates Americans and fuel many others to do the same.

3. Vice- versa , Iran , India helping Coalition Forces in Afghanistan , as Taliban are common enemy of both Iran , India and also USA(if good taliban / bad taliban theory is out of the USA's mind).
* I don't believe that myself I feel that it will be found out that Iran or groups in Iran have been playing both side, what makes them any different that Pakistan. I feel in time direct links between Iran and the Taliban will be found.

4. Positive settlement of Iran's nuclear issue.
* Not while there President is saying the US and Israel should be wipe off the plant and mask covered people shooting off AK-47s in the street while burning American flags and chanting kill Americans.

5. Development excellently in Indo-Iran relation and anti-Indian propaganda in some Iranian media be stopped.
* That's an Indian-Iranian issue and having strong public ties with Iran won't help India.

6. Hostility between Israel and Iran deescalates, that is using of rhetoric at least stops.
* A very wishful dream Iran doesn't think Israel deserves to be a country and directly support Hamas and others that kill Jewish children and so on, just don't see it happening.

7. More contracts in Iran awarded to Indian firms, strong relation to Iran, and possible energy co operation between them.
* Again a India-Iranian thing

8. More Importantly minimise China's activity there, with Iran stops importing Chinese Arms, and Chinese dream of having military base in Iran tatters.
* Difficult to stop China imports large amounts of Iranian oil not sure about natural gas. China will trade weapons for oil and Chinese weapons are cheaper then western ones overall, so don't know if the weapons part would really stop. Americans see China much less an enemy as Iran, we don't trust China but there not Iran. I also see China behind a lot more going on in the world but that's another thread.

However all the out comes, I wrote here are just a possibility , if future indicates that India moving to talk with Iran for using the Chahbahar route, and only if Nato, and the USA affirms positively about opening of a new route through Iran and consider giving Iran 'concessions' , for allowing its soil for that, which I wrote. I can be wrong in my assumptions.

Regards

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Wouldn't it well and truly piss off the Pakistanis if Iran and the US could get along? :p

The US keeps asking India and Pakistan to bury the hatchet, maybe we could give the same advice to these two, whatsay? :bye:
That is the biggest nightmare for the Pakistanis.

There goes whatever little leverage that they imagine they have over the USA. The USA will walk all over them the day the supplies start flowing from an Iranian port.

rock45

I don't think Iran's the answer but do agree the US would press Pakistan and begin to hit more targets inside Pakistan if the supply leverage was lost.

Pintu

The battle will be lost for the USA and NATO if not another route other than Pakistan may not immediately find out, simply pressuring Pakistan and more Bombing in SWAT will solve nothing for the USA. It is a fact that PA can do no thing.

johnee

slightly OT:
wouldnt a nuclear iran be a counter-balance to nuclear pak? also, pak might then face a nuclear neighbour who might have same nuclear threashold that they have.
wat say?

johnee

slightly OT:
wouldnt a nuclear iran be a counter-balance to nuclear pak? also, pak might then face a nuclear neighbour who might have same nuclear threashold that they have.
wat say?

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
True, but even if that is good for India in the foreseeable future, I can't believe that the West will stand up for a nuclear Iran... they fear Iran... there's a big fear psychosis there around Iran, WMDs and delivery systems...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Nukes in the hands of extremists is just not a good idea. Iran might not be a threat to India directly, but it might proliferate to someone who has a serious bearing on our security (read terrorists).

EnlightenedMonk

Somehow Yusuf I believe that Iran might not be big on proliferating to terrorists, atleast not as big as someone we share a border with...

EnlightenedMonk

But, I believe here we must draw a distinction line between Ahmedinijad and other Iranian politicians... I wouldn't mind Iran getting a nuclear bomb provided there are adequate safeguards to make sure they don't get into the wrong hands... but I do fear somebody like Ahmedinijad getting them...

I don't know what, but he appears to be very anti-West...

EnlightenedMonk

Anyways, lets start a new thread to discuss this off topic issue that Johnee has posted...

Administrators, please do the honours...

johnee

Nukes in the hands of extremists is just not a good idea. Iran might not be a threat to India directly, but it might proliferate to someone who has a serious bearing on our security (read terrorists).
the two biggest proliferaters are china and pak. remember AQ mart. no nation is more rogue than that. we can definitely live with a nuclear iran, the question is whether it would be useful to us or not. also there are other questions like: would iran nuke israel as soon as it lays its hands on it? is it possible? would israel allow iran to go nuclear? wat would be UNCLE'S role in this situation?......etc.

mod edit:- please pronounce words properly disrespecting any country or calling names is a strict no

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You dont want more in the bandwagon do you?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles