Is Iran Invasion coming !

S.A.T.A

USA can't wage war without consent of Arabs by using Arab bases. So, the idea that USA will start a war on its own is arbitrary.

Secondly, USA is not net exporter of oil. It still needs imports if oil. Thirdly, USA relies on petrodollar to strengthen its dollar. USA economy relies on petrodollar and crashing it will ruin USA economy
Arab states who had no qualms in supporting US against a hapless, sanctions ridden fellow Arab neighbor, are unlikely to miss a heart beat while jumping in to support war against iran. From what I'm reading from the gulf press, they are pretty much sold to the US promise of a swift victory. Who can fault them.

Vijyes

Arab states who had no qualms in supporting US against a hapless, sanctions ridden fellow Arab neighbor, are unlikely to miss a heart beat while jumping in to support war against iran. From what I'm reading from the gulf press, they are pretty much sold to the US promise of a swift victory. Who can fault them.
That s your assumption. The Victor may be swift but at big cost. It takes Iean just few hours to fire its missile and destroy the oil infrastructure. Reconstruction will take at least 6 months upto 1 year. So, till then no oil supply. That is not something they are willing to allow. Also, the Iranian missile can take out Arab kings which will be irreversible

sorcerer

Country flag
hahahah..as usual the ARABS are always promised SWIFT victory..
War machinery requires oil and its a good business too.

S.A.T.A

That s your assumption. The Victor may be swift but at big cost. It takes Iean just few hours to fire its missile and destroy the oil infrastructure. Reconstruction will take at least 6 months upto 1 year. So, till then no oil supply. That is not something they are willing to allow. Also, the Iranian missile can take out Arab kings which will be irreversible
Well for everyone's sake let's hope this whole thing blows over and president Trump goes back to his favorite pastime, i.e waging tariffs war.

S.A.T.A

hahahah..as usual the ARABS are always promised SWIFT victory..
War machinery requires oil and its a good business too.
The Arab sheikhs fear an existential threat from Iran and if Iran were to come out unscathed from this scrap, it would be emboldened to go for the jugular vein.

IndianHawk

Country flag
US is not known for taking half hearted measures. What we are witnessing appears to be steady build up of an invasion force.
Syria was a hearted attempt. Asad still rules .

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Chimpoo

Country flag
US is not known for taking half hearted measures. What we are witnessing appears to be steady build up of an invasion force.
So,what's the approximate timeline for the invasion?

Will we be seeing one next year, or ,perhaps,the year after that?

Chimpoo

Country flag

Looking at the map again,it seems the long-range strategy of the US seems to counter China's \\\\\\\\\\\\\\one Belt and One Road initiative..

On the seas the US Navy will counter China's port in Gwadar,Pakistan, though control of ports in Iraq,the Arabian Peninsula and the Horn of Africa.

On land they will counter the Chinese by controlling Afghanistan and building bases in the neghbouring central Asi republics ,like Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan,

S.A.T.A

Syria was a hearted attempt. Asad still rules .

What I meant in the other post was that US was not known to place the proverbial toe in the door, like attacking Air defense or airfields and not go in and finish the job. In syria they only intended to export the Arab spring.

S.A.T.A

So,what's the approximate timeline for the invasion?

Will we be seeing one next year, or ,perhaps,the year after that?
The time line appears quite tricky. Trump team appears to have assessed that another US led war may not be favorable during the re-election campaign and hence may have put off invasion for the second term. However make no mistake if there is any war that will prove to be popular and appeals to the American psyche, then it's the war with Iran. Today's Americans may not remember the bay of pigs operations, the Tet offensive or the longest retreat in the Korean peninsula, but they all remember the Iran hostage crisis and the humiliation that the Iranian regime tried to heap on them.

However my personal view, based on the current build up, is the war will start before this year is out.

IndianHawk

Country flag
What I meant in the other post was that US was not known to place the proverbial toe in the door, like attacking Air defense or airfields and not go in and finish the job. In syria they only intended to export the Arab spring.
And right now with Iran they may only want to avenge the drone shooting and spike oil prices with tensions in the reason as that favour shell producers.

A full fledged war with Iran requires a lot of political capital which trump doesn't have. Dems will raise hell in opposition and trump's own base is opposed to full scale war.

Haldiram

Country flag
RE : Op Sadhbhav

Nitin Gokhale speaking about Indian Navy sending warships as being "against the Americans"

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Funny how quickly they got to break the limit once the deal was killed from the other side. I wonder if they ever really stopped.
i think it was the other way around, americans already knew this. americans made the fuss to ensure that iran will declare it unilaterally .This way they saved atleast 5-6 months of investigations by IAEA, denials.

with in 6 months, i suspect all the players will be at the negotiation table.

bhramos

Country flag
Vessel specifications for the UK-flagged Stena Impero: * Gross Tonnage ---> 29579 * Deadweight ---> 49683 t * Length Overall x Breadth Extreme ---> 183m × 32m * Year Constructed ---> 2018 This is a modern, state of the art vessel easily worth millions.

bhramos

Country flag
Today, The Corps of Guards of the Islamic Revolutionary (IRGC) published a video that allegedly proves that the US Navy did not shot an #Iranian drone in the Strait of Hormuz.

bhramos

Country flag
A question for the British people.
Do you want to go to war with #Iran just so #Israel doesn’t release photos of prince Andrew molesting teenage girls?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles