Is Iran Invasion coming !

bhramos

Country flag
How convenient. The CBG is already there. Twice warned. And now an attack on Embassy because why not. I know of only one party that would benefit from all this.

S.A.T.A

It's a question of when... The current build up is similar to what preceded Gulf War II.

bhramos

Country flag
Iran is our good ally , we could have acted as a link between israel and Iran , Iran is quite useful is balancing gulf countries and their version of islam
would you accept Russia or US to balance the link between India & Pakistan!!!
i dont accept, same vice versa here.........

IndianHawk

Country flag
may be Trump needs to start a new war to win elections !!!
Trump base is anti war. That is why he got out of Syria and is negotiating with Taliban to get out of Afghanistan.

They will harass Iran for sure.

Creating a war hysteria around Iran makes Iran an unreliable source of oil. Thus strengthens American sanctions. That's wants all this is about. Iran will collapse economically.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

S.A.T.A

Iran is our good ally , we could have acted as a link between israel and Iran , Iran is quite useful is balancing gulf countries and their version of islam
Iran tried to be like the corleone family, tried to take full control of the neighborhood by knocking out rivals one after another. First Iraqis, then the Syrians and Lebanese. The other two gangs, Israelis and the Saudis, although engaged in their own turf wars, saw a common threat and decided to call the godfather of the entire syndicate to settle this matter....

As far as India playing mediator, remember what senior Corleone tells Michael, your friend who makes the offer to mediate peace is your enemy. Good if India stays out of this.

P:S - apologize for the Godfather analogy, but couldn't think of anything closer to the ME situation.

S.A.T.A

may be Trump needs to start a new war to win elections !!!
President Trump is spearheading a kind of gung-ho American nationalism quite unlike anything in recent memory. A war with Iran quite fits into his nationalist narrative and appeals to a large number of Americans. So yes Trump may want this war.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Guys I still think invasion is too far fetched.

American style is air strikes.

S.A.T.A

But air strikes will achieve very little. What Israel and the Saudis want is clerical regime overthrown and replaced by a docile regime, apparently Trump administration seems to concur. For this they will require a full ground invasion and from what we see on their news that is what they are preparing for.

DG7867

Country flag
But air strikes will achieve very little. What Israel and the Saudis want is clerical regime overthrown and replaced by a docile regime, apparently Trump administration seems to concur. For this they will require a full ground invasion and from what we see on their news that is what they are preparing for.
If they really are preparing, then I guess this will be the toughest war US will ever have fought in west asia, possibly toughest war after 1945.. unlike Iraq, they don't have the benefit of terrain; unlike Afghanistan, they don't have the benefit of free airspace, for Saudis, they don't have the benefit of under-equipped enemy (i.e., Houthis).. no idea what Israel has in mind.. I have a feeling this won't end well..

S.A.T.A

I am ignorant on this topic. Can an "Iraq" actually be done on Iran?
Iran has a substantially larger population than Iraq. However their military is as obsolete as their western neighbor was before US invasion. Iran has been under western sanctions far longer than Iraq was and most of their equipment is antiquated. Iranian Air defense will not survive two full weeks of US aerial assault.

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
Iran invasion is more difficult than Iraq. And who will pay for it?

DG7867

Country flag

But I guess they need to achieve air superiority before they could do air strikes.. Iran seems to have a pretty strong AAAD network..

S.A.T.A

If they really are preparing, then I guess this will be the toughest war US will ever have fought in west asia, possibly toughest war after 1945.. unlike Iraq, they don't have the benefit of terrain; unlike Afghanistan, they don't have the benefit of free airspace, for Saudis, they don't have the benefit of under-equipped enemy (i.e., Houthis).. no idea what Israel has in mind.. I have a feeling this won't end well..
Look at this way, Americans consider war with Iran will be easy, may be only little more tougher than Afghanistan, but still a walkover. This confidence comes from being a superpower. It's difficult for regional powers like us to understand (imagine India worrying about invading Nepal or Sri Lanka - actually we won't worry)

I agree it will be tough but nothing that a superpower cannot surmount. I doubt their air defense will outlast sustained aerial assault, despite their S-300. Iran cannot expect any support from thier sunni neighbors. Iraq in all probability will act neutral. It's likely that the attack will be from the south (on the Persian gulf coast) and this region is sparsely populated (most of the population is in the northeast) American might find themselves on advantageous terrain and force the Iranians to spread out (Iran would have found it easier defending thickly populated regions around Teheran)

DG7867

Country flag
Look at this way, Americans consider war with Iran will be easy, may be only little more tougher than Afghanistan, but still a walkover. This confidence comes from being a superpower. It's difficult for regional powers like us to understand (imagine India worrying about invading Nepal or Sri Lanka - actually we won't worry)

I agree it will be tough but nothing that a superpower cannot surmount. I doubt their air defense will outlast sustained aerial assault, despite their S-300. Iran cannot expect any support from thier sunni neighbors. Iraq in all probability will act neutral. It's likely that the attack will be from the south (on the Persian gulf coast) and this region is sparsely populated (most of the population is in the northeast) American might find themselves on advantageous terrain and force the Iranians to spread out (Iran would have found it easier defending thickly populated regions around Teheran)
Not cheering for war.. but I am curious to find out how will tomahawks perform against S-300 (and vice-versa)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles