Is Air force capable of Two Front War?

neo29

Indian Army is good at defence. though 1962 war was unfortunate for us, still we did inflict damage to a more modern army with less number of troops. PLA was using sub machine guns while we were using ww2 rifles.
The situation is different today. if a ground fight happens, Indian army surely have the capability to defend the PLA invasion. In terms of airforce, yes PLA AF have more advantage. PLA-N also has an edge over Indian navy but our biggest advantage geographical advantage over indian ocean. PLA-N will risk loosing their fleets in the indian ocean and they are not foolish enough to send their entire naval arsenal to the indian ocean. they have japan , south korea and taiwan to worry about.

Conclusion is IAF needs to match up to PLA AF. Rest of the threats are nullified.

With pak all you need to do is destroy their navy or surround it and choke them for fuel just like we did during kargil war.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
look is still say on 2 front war i do not see india winning we might be capable of stopping china for some amount of time but not long. and for pakistan they would be just happy to capture Kashmir nothing more Thant that they would have any interest. but i think in future we are going to see cold war now between whom may between india-china-us a three way,while rest would be neutral. In this three way cold-war countries with abundant natural resorces would be making big bugs of wealth(of coures if they played their card well)

AJSINGH

remember poeple we have qualitative edge over both China and Pakistan

SHASH2K2

I'm positive that there are hundreds of millions of people in the world that think Indians are dirty people. But they are wrong, just as you are wrong. No people is dirty. If you think they are... well, you are comparable to every racist and nationalist in the world.

They truth is, China may have more enemies than India, only as a result of being more potent. China has no arch-enemies like India has Pakistan, and it's image in the world is almost strictly on an interest basis - "if you're good for my business, you're a friend, otherwise, you're an enemy".
If you let me grab your territory you are my friend and if not then you are enemy and we will attack you create pet dog(proxy states like pakistan ) to keep you engaged. THIS IS STATE POLICY OF CHINA .
look around the world almost all rogue states are supported by china. Be it Pakistan , N korea , myanmar or Iran. You guys are transferring nukes and missiles to them to fight the war that your country should be fighting .
I didnot made any comment that is racist.
calling terrorist a terrorist is not racism. If It is I am Proud of it .

Country flag
Only that qualitative edge will help India contain China for some time.....but after that its game over..
why will it be game over ??using the time the qualitative edge is giving us ,we are building up our numbers.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

why will it be game over ??using the time the qualitative edge is giving us ,we are building up our numbers.
I agree with you . but only problem I see that we donot have very strong manufacturing capability so that we can replace our weapons quickly. In case of china its opposite. their weapons are inferior but they can easily replace them and in less time than us. during war that will be decisive . Hope we wake up and get our act together.

Country flag
I agree with you . but only problem I see that we donot have very strong manufacturing capability so that we can replace our weapons quickly. In case of china its opposite. their weapons are inferior but they can easily replace them and in less time than us. during war that will be decisive . Hope we wake up and get our act together.
I agree to a point ,we may not have the manufacturing capability; but we do have diplomatic relations with countries who also have interest in a chinese defeat that do have the manufacturing capability, above and beyond anything China will ever have. In ww2 nobody thought the German war machine could ever be defeated but it was thru alliances.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

I agree to a point ,we may not have the manufacturing capability; but we do have diplomatic relations with countries who also have interest in a chinese defeat that do have the manufacturing capability, above and beyond anything China will ever have. In ww2 nobody thought the German war machine could ever be defeated but it was thru alliances.
I again Agree with you and differ a little. As a country we should strive to be independent in most if not for all aspect of our defence. We have good relationship with many countries but you never know what kind of alliance is going to come up tomorrow. Before WW2 Russia and Germany were at good terms and Stalin never expected German attack. I am not cynical but we should have a decent manufacturing capability. I am not sure but even in WW2 allied forces attacked German manufacturing units to reduce their capability to replace their lost weapons. SO its better that we depend on our own rather than expecting friends and allies to help who will keep changing their sides as per their gains or loss.

VersusAllOdds

If you let me grab your territory you are my friend and if not then you are enemy and we will attack you create pet dog(proxy states like pakistan ) to keep you engaged. THIS IS STATE POLICY OF CHINA .
look around the world almost all rogue states are supported by china. Be it Pakistan , N korea , myanmar or Iran. You guys are transferring nukes and missiles to them to fight the war that your country should be fighting .
I didnot made any comment that is racist.
calling terrorist a terrorist is not racism. If It is I am Proud of it .
I'm Serbian (I doubt you've ever heard of the nation). I have no racial, religous, national or cultural similarities to either India or China. I'm just speaking that calling a people dirty is very wrong, and leads only to bad things.

If there is one country that is notoroius to lead proxy wars it's the USA. USSR was another, but it's no more. China can never match the level of suppliement that US can deliever abroad.

China is doing the most natural thing that a closest contender to a single superpower would - supports all the little enemies of that superpower. You can like it or not, but that doesn't have to be against India - it's only in favour of China becoming another superpower. If India is in the way, they won't care.
Another thing is, I mentioned "if you're good for my business, you're a friend, otherwise, you're an enemy", meaning that's the only critteria on which someone can consider Chinese their enemies. They have quite less arch-enemies than India does.

satyam

I'm Serbian (I doubt you've ever heard of the nation). I have no racial, religous, national or cultural similarities to either India or China. I'm just speaking that calling a people dirty is very wrong, and leads only to bad things.

If there is one country that is notoroius to lead proxy wars it's the USA. USSR was another, but it's no more. China can never match the level of suppliement that US can deliever abroad.

China is doing the most natural thing that a closest contender to a single superpower would - supports all the little enemies of that superpower. You can like it or not, but that doesn't have to be against India - it's only in favour of China becoming another superpower. If India is in the way, they won't care.
Another thing is, I mentioned "if you're good for my business, you're a friend, otherwise, you're an enemy", meaning that's the only critteria on which someone can consider Chinese their enemies. They have quite less arch-enemies than India does.
China is not going to become another superpower. For that they have reduce India to a status what CANADA is to USA ? And this is not going to happen. They will become economic power at best.

SHASH2K2

Arming rogue countris with Nukes and missiles should not be state policy. I think you have very very little knowledge about nuclear prolifiration. Name a rogue country and china is behind their nuclear program. Be if directly or through one of their puppets. what will happen if country like Iran gets a nuclear weapon. Even myanmar is looking for it and its arranged with help of N korea.
Arming rogue countries with Nukes was never state policy of USA and USSR .
AND I know about SERBIA .

satyam

Arming rogue countris with Nukes and missiles should not be state policy. I think you have very very little knowledge about nuclear prolifiration. Name a rogue country and china is behind their nuclear program. Be if directly or through one of their puppets. what will happen if country like Iran gets a nuclear weapon. Even myanmar is looking for it and its arranged with help of N korea.
AND I know about SERBIA .
PAKISTAN is not a rogue country

AJSINGH

hey why are we going OT ,we should stick to the two war theory , also if no country helps us directly they can supply us weapons covertly like USA did to pakistan through China during 1965

Zoravar

Iran is not a rogue country by any definition of the term,you want them to be bullied for life because Israel has nukes and Iran doesnt?
Rogue country does not mean any country with a nuclear program.It is much more than that.

SHASH2K2

Iran is not a rogue country by any definition of the term,you want them to be bullied for life because Israel has nukes and Iran doesnt?
Rogue country does not mean any country with a nuclear program.It is much more than that.
Iran is not a rogue country but have a look at their philosphy. moment they get nukes they will destroy Israel or start creating problem for Israel. situation will be same as in case of India pakistan where India cannot reply or hit back to any misadventure of pakistan due to fear of nuclear Holocaust.

When you get nukes with sole purpose of using it against any country you are a rogue country. also have a look at country policies and believes. even most of middle east hate them due to their believs.

One question for you.
When did Israel bullied Iran ?
A country have every right to kill terrorists and weapon smugglers be it Iranian or anyone who creates problem for Israel.

Last edited:

vikramrana_1812

Country flag
Indian Air Force to Setup First Sukhoi Squadron in Punjab by 2011

In a move to provide teeth to its Air Force fleet along the Indo-Pak border, India will deploy two of its air superiority Sukhoi fighter squadrons in Halwara air base in Punjab by 2011. The Indian Air Force's (IAF) sword-arm Western Air Command (WAC) has drawn up a two-year plan and is preparing to host the Sukhoi squadrons at the Halwara fighter base near Ludhiana.

"We will get the first of the Su-30 squadrons to be based under the WAC by 2011 at the Halwara air base," WAC chief Air Marshal Pranab Kumar Barbora said. The IAF has already started the work to develop the infrastructure for deploying the squadrons with the most potent fighter aircraft in its fleet at the air base, which currently hosts the MiG-23 BN squadrons.

"We have started developing infrastructure for the Su-30 MKIs' deployment there. Work on the runway and other facilities has started and its going to be fully prepared for the aircraft in the next two years," Barbora said here. The two Su-30 MKI squadrons would be deployed at Halwara simultaneously once the MiG-23s are phased out early next year.

These would be the first Su-30 MKI squadrons under the WAC, the largest of IAF's five operational commands in terms of area.

http://www.india-defence.com/reports-4082

Zoravar

When did Israel bullied Iran ?
A country have every right to kill terrorists and weapon smugglers be it Iranian or anyone who creates problem for Israel.
Israel does not only kill Irani criminals but also Palestinian civilians,and Israel has problems with any country,you cant invade other territory and firstly israel is built on Palestinian land,it has no right to exist because british took palestinian land and made israel without approval of palestinians.Israel is as big a rogue as IUran,atleast Iran only commits attrocities on its own civilians,unlike Israel.

Edit:Iran hates Arab states since mediev al times.
Ever since the Islamic (Arab) conquest of Persia, Iranian–Arab relations have sometimes been mixed. Arabs and Iranians share bitter cultural, historical, political, economical rivalries which fuel prominent mutual contempt between both sides. Within the Middle East historical conflicts have always colored neighbouring Arab countries' perceptions about Iran. At times peacefully coexisting, while at other times in bitter conflict. North African Arabs generally enjoyed closer relations with Iran due to limited historical connection between them and Iran.

And your theory:
When you get nukes with sole purpose of using it against any country you are a rogue country.
Us got nukes for the sole purpose of using against Japan,so is US a rogue country.
I refuse to go off topic any further,make a thread for this discussion if you want to.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles