Iran shoots down American drone

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/20/middleeast/iran-drone-claim-hnk-intl/index.html

Tehran, Iran (CNN)Iranian forces have shot down a United States military drone, a move that appears to have escalated the volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East.

Iran's Revolutionary Guard said it had shot down an "intruding American spy drone" after it entered into the country's territory Thursday.
A US official confirmed to CNN a drone had been shot down, but said the incident occurred in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world's most vital shipping routes.
US Central Command, which oversees military operations in the Middle East, said in a statement Thursday that the drone that was shot down by Iran was a RQ-4A Global Hawk High-Altitude, Long, Endurance (HALE) Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS).
The head of the Revolutionary Guard Corps, Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami, said the shooting down of the drone had sent a warning to the US.
"The only way for our enemies to be safe is to respect our sovereignty, national security, and the national interests of the great Iranian nation," Salami said, according Tasnim.

Live updates: Iran shoots down US drone

In comments likely to inflame tensions, Salami said that Iran does "not want war with any country, but we are completely, and totally, ready and prepared for war."
In a statement issued on Thursday, the Revolutionary Guard said the drone was launched from a US base south of the Persian Gulf shortly after midnight on Thursday. It said it flew from the Strait of Hormuz towards Chabahar, a city in southeast Iran.
"While returning to the western Hormuz Strait's region the drone violated Iran's airspace and engaged in information gathering and spying," the statement said.
"At 4.05 a.m. local time while the violating airplane was over Iranian territory, [it] was shot down," it added.
According to Iran's semi-official Tasnim News Agency, the drone was shot down by Khordad-3 medium range air defense missile.
Iran's foreign ministry spokesperson Syed Abbas Mousavi said the country condemned the "aggressive and provocative action."
"We warn against any violation of Iran's airspace by foreign flying objects and declare that violators are responsible for the consequences of their actions," he was quoted by Tasnim as saying.
Reuters quoted Cap. Bill Urban, a spokesman for the US Central Command, as saying "no US aircraft were operating in Iranian airspace" Thursday.
Relations between the two adversaries have taken a dangerous turn this week, beginning with the Trump administration's decision Monday to deploy 1,000 additional troops and more military resources to the Middle East. The forces are being sentin response to what Washington called "hostile behavior by Iranian forces that threaten United States personnel and interests across the region."
US officials blame Iran for conducting attacks against oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, and the US President himself last week accused Iran of being behind the provocation, telling Fox News: "It was them that did it."
Tehran has categorically denied the accusations, and President Hassan Rouhani said the country does not seek war but "is determined to show its hopefulness and vitality and defeat the enemy's plot."
a US official told CNN.
In 2014, the Iran's armed forces revealed what it claimed was a copy of a stealth American drone "commandeered" by Tehran in 2011.
Relations between Iran and the United States have deteriorated since May 2018, when Washington chose to leave the 2015 nuclear deal the Iranian regime negotiated with world powers and reimpose crippling sanctions on Iran's economy.
Trump and many conservatives in the US had long criticized the deal, which allowed Iran to stockpile limited amounts of enriched uranium and heavy water produced in that process, exporting any excess.
Doing so has become extremely difficult after the US revoked waivers that allowed Iran to export those excess stockpiles, effectively forcing Iran to halt enrichment or ignore the limits, which it is now doing.
After a year of waiting, Rouhani announced last month that it would reduce its "commitments to the deal," but not fully withdraw from it.
Iran then announced this week that it would resume nuclear enrichment activities, accelerating uranium enrichment to 3.7% -- above the 3.67% mandated by the nuclear deal. Enrichment at this level is enough to continue powering parts of the country's energy needs, but not enough to construct a nuclear bomb.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
War almost got hot, Trump developed cold feet. Good for the world, one more day of carnage, postponed.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
War almost got hot, Trump developed cold feet. Good for the world, one more day of carnage, postponed.
I’d rather have a big one between America and China rather than wasting another decade with Iran.

Shia Sunni feud is not going to go anywhere, if not today they will be at it tomorrow.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I’d rather have a big one between America and China rather than wasting another decade with Iran.

Shia Sunni feud is not going to go anywhere, if not today they will be at it tomorrow.
They are hoping to topple ayatollah Khomeini.
It's part of dual strategy. First war economic crippling so that domestic situation worsen , which happened with lots of protests in Iran , huge unemployment problem, worsening life quality.

Now with a war cloud Iran will further sink down economic hole.

If Khomeini is gone than new Iran will be taken back in camp USA like days of Shah.

Now will they succeed is another matter.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag

Chinese are cowards, who have too much to lose. They shall never meet USA in the battlefield. It cannot invade a small country Taiwan in it's own backyard. Forget USA.
Japan and India are the real war fighters of Asia.

arya

Country flag
Chinese are cowards, who have too much to lose. They shall never meet USA in the battlefield. It cannot invade a small country Taiwan in it's own backyard. Forget USA.

China will only show eyes and can provide help to iran but china will avoid direct conflict with USA now , russia is like an old champion getting old day by day .

war will not provide anything good for usa , they know it

nimo_cn

Country flag
i don't think Indians are qualified to judge Chinese ability and resolution to fight a war since India has lost a war to China.

China is one of few that fought America and forced America to sign a truce with they winning the war in Korean peninsula. We are not afraid to fight them again if we have to.

It's just that we Chinese are cautious about going to war, we see military action as the last resort to solve problems. We are not reckless Indians who fought Pakistanis for decades and gained nothing but an old enemy which keeps bleeding India.

I know that you guys wish to see China fighting America so that India can speculate in both sides. I am afraid that you will be disappointed.

arya

Country flag
i don't think Indians are qualified to judge Chinese ability and resolution to fight a war since India has lost a war to China.

China is one of few that fought America and forced America to sign a truce with they winning the war in Korean peninsula. We are not afraid to fight them again if we have to.

It's just that we Chinese are cautious about going to war, we see military action as the last resort to solve problems. We are not reckless Indians who fought Pakistanis for decades and gained nothing but an old enemy which keeps bleeding India.

I know that you guys wish to see China fighting America so that India can speculate in both sides. I am afraid that you will be disappointed.

USA want china come for war , this is best time for usa to hit china growth & economy because in next 10 years china might be ahead then usa .

China is powerful no doubt but currently usa is champion of game .

china know they cant i mean they cant fight otherwise all there effort from last 20 years will be waste they will be never the superpower of world .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

When was the last time China went to war with anyone?

When the last time China had military casualties?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Oh yes ..all of them - China Japan and India got rogered many times and many ways.... power you call those >:pound:

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
चीन का चिंकी धोका से हमले को जीत करार देता है ,पर इस धोके ने ही खान्ग्रेसी को भारतीय सेना पर कुछ पैसा खर्च करवाया और 67 चो ला और नाथू ला में मुँह की खाई और 87 में ऑपरेशन फाल्कन में वार्तालाप का राग अलापने लगा।

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
That is no excuse. China lost wars in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
China was hammered by Soviet Union.
China always lost to Japan.

I do not think so. Why are you not forcing them over Taiwan, South China Sea and North Korea issues.

It's just that we Chinese are cautious about going to war, we see military action as the last resort to solve problems.
History says otherwise that Chinese have been the worst warring people in all periods of history and militarism has always been vital component of their social existence even today. China is the Country established by PLA and not the other way round. There is no single nation around you with whom Chinese have not fought bloody losing wars. China is the only country in the world which is in illegal possession of the territories of all her neighbours.

Chinese always used military as the first resort to their hegemony.

We are not reckless Indians who fought Pakistanis for decades and gained nothing but an old enemy which keeps bleeding India.
Pakistan is not an old enemy but a newly established neo colony of Britain, then USA and then China. It is not Pakistani bullets but the Chinese supplied guns, bullets, grenades, mines, guns, tanks and aircrafts that are meant to bleed India. How can that be Pakistani when it is clearly Chinese !

Chinese are ungrateful people who forget that India was the first country to give them diplomatic recognition, handed over Tibet to China on a platter, Supported China for permanent member of UNSC. in diplomatic forums all over. India is unlike the rouge inimical Chinese people who keep blocking everything that may remotely favour India.

Pakistan is not India's enemy but all Indians know who the enemy is ......:cowboy:

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Iran's time will come. If not in this decade then may be in next decade but it is clear that Uncle Sam won't let a major oil energy supplier exist outside their influence.

If I was dictator of Iran, I would heavily invest in nuclear warheads and long range ICBMs as they are the only guarantee of survival against mighty USA.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Chinese are ungrateful people who forget that India was the first country to give them diplomatic recognition, handed over Tibet to China on a platter, Supported China for permanent member of UNSC. in diplomatic forums all over.
That was our stupidity. There is nothing to boast about it. Chinese are smart. They jut took advantage of it. that's it.

IndianHawk

Country flag

So why did you back away in dokalm. Why not just defeat India again?
No surprise element this time? No guarantee India won't use airforce like 1962?

And btw if Chinese won 1962 why is tawang still in Indian control . Why can't brave Chinese hold it?

Why is taiwan still separate? Why Japan still holds island you claim? Why USA can violate your territorial waters repeatedly?

Chinese are coward and slaves. You can't even stand up to ccp. Can't even speak freely in china. That is what china will forever remain a lot of coward under the boot of an emperor who by the way bans a cartoon because he is to chicken . Just accept it learn to follow order like a good little slave .

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Who knew we would be seeing this day...
at least one side of american politics do not want war.....
======================
Tucker: US came within minutes of war with Iran

nimo_cn

Country flag
USA want china come for war , this is best time for usa to hit china growth & economy because in next 10 years china might be ahead then usa .

China is powerful no doubt but currently usa is champion of game .

china know they cant i mean they cant fight otherwise all there effort from last 20 years will be waste they will be never the superpower of world .
Like I said, we are not afraid to fight a war if we have to, but we will do everything to avoid a war.

We will do our calculation carefully when deciding if we should go to war with America, and Americans will do the same thing. It's true that in a 1 vs 1 scenario, America is capable of beating China. But at what cost? A full scale war with China is gonna cost dear for America, they might lose the super power crown.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles