Interesting and unrelated threads getting hidden in a blotted thread

pmaitra

Re: Interesting and unrelated threads getting hidden in a blotted thre

It is time you shed your pomposity as if you are the sole globe trotter in this world and are aware of everything.

Be advised that you are from a country that is down under and far from the world.

On the issue of costs deciding the delicacy or nutritional value of food, that is most juvenile, apart from being indicative that you are of the noveau riche class of mindset and mere petty bourgeois.

It does not matter which denomination of Catholicity one follows, the genesis and basic principles are the same. Pray, quit pontificating since you are deluding yourself that in India we do not understand the world religions and its sects. Our country is a diverse country with all types of sects and religions being practised.

And BTW if one has an independent mind and comments without partisanship, he is neither a Russophile or a Western slave. He just has a mind unlike others who sell the souls to achieve reflected glory.

Australia is but a vassal, not India.
Sir,

I have observed the modus operandi of @apple. His purpose is to scold others in a pretentious way, so as to create an impression, with much less success than he perceives, of his "vast" mine of knowledge. Exhibit A: "Stop using google and discussing subjects you know nothing about."

What he does very promptly is negate what others have said. Exhibit A: "Janssonin kiusaus, pyttipannu and graavilohi are all foods eaten in Finland, but none of them are particularly Finnish."

However, he does not provide any information himself, such as, as to what those pictures actually depict. Exhibit A: "Your pictures don't depict any of those dishes BTW."

Yet, his enthusiasm to correct others is seldom dampened, whether summer or winter. Exhibit B: "Just to correct some irrelevant points made in this thread."

For some reason, this enthusiasm to correct others does not translate into him necessarily stating something correct. Exhibit B: "Am pretty sure Lenin never went to Britain."

One must give him credit, for writing utter gibberish with the confidence of a fly that flies into the fire, and thereby, into its demise. It is not the wrong information he provides that comes across as the most obnoxious. It is his overconfidence in what he thinks his "knowledge" is, and his contempt for those that are less ignorant that he himself is.

Let us not forget, his tendency to open attention seeking threads (like this thread), where he either whines, or comes up with his typical litany of conjured up grievances.

Is this a medical condition, and if yes, does this medical condition have a name?

Exhibit A
Stop using google and discussing subjects you know nothing about.

Janssonin kiusaus, pyttipannu and graavilohi are all foods eaten in Finland, but none of them are particularly Finnish. Your pictures don't depict any of those dishes BTW.

Gravlax is some of the most expensive meat you can get. Actually, along with lobster and some types of beef it's probably the most expensive. Reindeer and blood sausage are very costly too.

And an Asian Russophile critising cabbage...

He's Orthodox, not Roman Catholic, he follows a very different kind of lent.

The forum has an ignore function. I've got that guy on ignore and am spared from reading his posts :)
Exhibit B
Just to correct some irrelevant points made in this thread.

Stalin no longer supported the International when he started his purges. He'd said the only, and all, Marxists were found, and were only to be found, in the Soviet Union and there were no Russian nationalists left in Russia when he started his purges.

Am pretty sure Lenin never went to Britain. Some one is getting Lenin and Marx mixed up. Lenin, and other Russian revolutionaries, plotted the revolution in Switzerland.

Britain supporting Lenin is some modern revisionist lunacy. The British Commonwealth, along with France, the US and Japan were involved, against the Bolsheviks, in the Russian Civil War and had troops fighting and dying there into the 1920's.

Lenin didn't believe in nation states and it's wrong to talk about him "giving" countries independence. In Finland's case Lenin armed Finnish revolutionaries and initiated a violent civil war there, in line with his interpretation of Marx's phrase "withering of the state".

You're a little bit wrong about the period from the 1930's(?) to Stalin's death, there. Stalin didn't believe in international Communism, which at the time (pre World War 2) went by the term the Popular Front. Stalin was trying to fully incorporate the USSR's neighbours.

Even if your correct about the "Brits" vs. Soviets, which you're not, am sure you're parents told you that two wrongs don't make a right.

Suspect Putin never said what you're quoting him as saying. The Soviet Union did fight, against Finland and Poland (as they would hypothetically have had to have fought against Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania), due to the M-R pact.

I'd recommend you study the link Jouni posted earlier concerning whether the Soviet Union was about to attack Nazi Germany before the Germans got in first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Sorry, I really don't see the relevance of anything you've written there.

You're being a bit of a "Ray" there, comparing apples to oranges.

Nineteen- sixty- whatever was a very different time from now.

For a start, from what I understand, that was when the world went closest to having a nuclear war. The stakes aren't so high now, nor should their be such an impasse between the combatants i.e. Ukrainians and Russians are the same people (although, perhaps that makes things worse).

On a different tack, while Russia (along with many on this forum) doesn't believe it, NATO isn't a threat to their territory. For me, Russian self preservation isn't an issue.
Of course, comparisons are like chalk and cheese when you are stumped and your contentions are proved as bogus, and at the same time, proves you to be possessed with a bigoted mindset beyond the grasp of independent thought.

It also indicates you understand not an iota of geopolitics or geostrategy, or for that matter, international relations.

ladder

Country flag

Of course, comparison are like chalk and cheese when you are stumped and proved to be possessed with a bigoted mindset.

It also indicates you understand not an iota of geopolitics or geostrategy, or for that matter, international relations.

Can you blame them for that? Australia is sometimes called as an Island at the edge of the earth (world). Far detached.

Reactions: Ray

apple

Can you blame them for that? Australia is sometimes called as an Island at the edge of the earth (world). Far detached.
Sometimes called... What other geographical term can be applied to Australia than an island, or more accurately a several islands ?

I have no love lost for Russia and I abhor Communism since it leads to no good.
If it waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you may as well call it a duck.

Have never seen you seen you write a single negative comment on Russia and this is the only anti Communist post (and a very mild one at that) I have seen you make. Could be slightly wrong, but would estimate the majority of your posts are extremely anti US or Western and pro Russia/ Communism.

P.S. Thanks to the Russophile for quoting my old post where I schooled him on some very basic aspects of ideas he apparently supports, without having any idea what he thinks he's following

ladder

Country flag

Sometimes called... What other geographical term can be applied to Australia than an island, or more accurately a several islands ?
Australia, sometimes known in technical contexts by the names Sahul, Australinea or Meganesia, to distinguish it from the Australian mainland, is a continent comprising mainland Australia, Tasmania, New Guinea, Seram, possibly Timor, and neighbouring islands.
Australia (continent) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

========
Ignorance is not always bliss.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

If it waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you may as well call it a duck.
Typical juvenile explanation.

Geese also waddle and they are not ducks. Goose honk, ducks quack.

Only the superficial people think the are clever when they think goose and duck are the same, all because they waddle!

Such is the level of knowledge and intelligence that is being displayed when people try to be, to use an Americanism, 'smartassed'.

Have never seen you seen you write a single negative comment on Russia and this is the only anti Communist post (and a very mild one at that) I have seen you make. Could be slightly wrong, but would estimate the majority of your posts are extremely anti US or Western and pro Russia/ Communism.

P.S. Thanks to the Russophile for quoting my old post where I schooled him on some very basic aspects of ideas he apparently supports, without having any idea what he thinks he's following
A perfunctory observer see what he wants to see and misses the wood for the trees. I have on many occasions lauded the US or the West. However, on the question of the NATO and EU creeping advance to the Russia border, by reneging the assurance that it would not do so and for which USSR allowed the unification of Germany (check this thread, you will find Der Speigel that freshly released documents prove that the West went back on its promises), I have found it immoral, and even dangerous, as we have seen in Georgia and now, Ukraine.

So, keep your eyes open and your mind clear of biases, pomposity as if you are the Pope, and you shall find the world a much better place than what you assign your bigoted mind to believe.

As for 'schooling' me, again your pomposity and ill informed and possibly illiterate mind speaks.

You have to take rebirth and get educated and knowledgeable to even be within a continental reach to do so.

Last edited:

apple

As for 'schooling' me, again your pomposity and ill informed and possibly illiterate mind speaks.
Was actually referring to Pmaitra, not you. But, understand your confusion.

:)

Good reply. Although, we are getting off topic and I'm making this thread bloated.

BTW since we've got so many moderators on this thread, can someone correct this thread's title? I'd written "blotted" in the place of bloated.

But yeah, your getting a bit obscure there, Ladder.

Line 1) from your link Australia, sometimes known in technical contexts by the names Sahul, Australinea or Meganesia.

Your terms are only really used by biologists.

ladder

Country flag

Good reply. Although, we are getting off topic and I'm making this thread bloated.

BTW since we've got so many moderators on this thread, can someone correct this thread's title? I'd written "blotted" in the place of bloated.

But yeah, your getting a bit obscure there, Ladder.

Line 1) from your link Australia, sometimes known in technical contexts by the names Sahul, Australinea or Meganesia.

Your terms are only really used by biologists.
I never said, I have used the term Australia politically? Have I?

Surely, I shall not attempt any more off-topic post here.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

There is no mention that it was for @pmaitra. in your post which I reproduce at the end.

The confusion apparently is in your mind.

Learn to be precise and not waddle into empty space and let electrical impulses create such an activity that you get confused as to what you want to write and what you write.

I have no love lost for Russia and I abhor Communism since it leads to no good.

apple

There is no mention that it was for @pmaitra. in your post which I reproduce at the end.
That's correct.

I presumed he'd work it out for himself, as he was quoting a reply I'd written to him teaching some of the basics of Marxist thought. But, didn't consider that you'd assume I was addressing myself to you.

Sorry about that.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

That's correct.

I presumed he'd work it out for himself, as he was quoting a reply I'd written to him teaching some of the basics of Marxist thought. But, didn't consider that you'd assume I was addressing myself to you.

Sorry about that.
Funny that you are teaching him by quoting my post.

I assure you he knows more about Marxism, Communism, Capitalism than all of us rolled together.

As for me, it is just that I have an eye for detail and abhor superficiality or bigotry.

Every case is on its Merit and not my personal opinion is what I try my best to achieve.

Everyone here was against me for supporting the US invasion of Iraq. But my way of looking at it was that it was a fudge alright, but a necessary fudge, if you will, for the US, since US had to maintain its global supremacy at all costs after the Cold War and it has been spelt out crystal in the Wolfowitz Doctrine.

Last edited:

apple

Funny that you are teaching him by quoting my post.

I assure you he knows more about Marxism, Communism, Capitalism than all of us rolled together.

As for me, it is just that I have an eye for detail and abhor superficiality or bigotry.
You might want to work on that "eye for detail" of your's as I am obviously referring to my initial post in this exchange which was addressed to Pmaitra who was quoting me, from a occassion when I was taking the time to teach him.

Also, I'd be quite suspicious of your "eye" if you consider Pmatira knows anything about Marxism. Although he does display a surprising sound, for the moderator of a military forum, knowledge of modern ecomonic theory, which might be confusing you.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

You might want to work on that "eye for detail" of your's as I am obviously referring to my initial post in this exchange which was addressed to Pmaitra who was quoting me, from a occassion when I was taking the time to teach him.

Also, I'd be quite suspicious of your "eye" if you consider Pmatira knows anything about Marxism. Although he does display a surprising sound, for the moderator of a military forum, knowledge of modern ecomonic theory, which might be confusing you.
A person who does not know how to reply to a post and presents a muddled and confused state as if he was Looking at London and Talking to Tokyo, need not display further witlessness any more.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles