Interesting and unrelated threads getting hidden in a blotted thread

pmaitra

Re: Interesting and unrelated threads getting hidden in a blotted thre

@pmaitra, I am not replying to your entire post but the quoted text, which is violated sometimes, in modern terr. laws in many countries.
You are correct. Also, even in India, when they serve charge-sheets, they do ask the defendant to provide whereabouts, details, etc.

I have thought about it, but the legal system in most countries isn't exactly fool-proof, but then the laws are also not fool-proof, or for that matter, the judges.

I guess the old adage, "might is right," always holds true.

Last edited by a moderator:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Do you have friends who are students of law or lawyers?

In a civilized world, we assume "innocent unless proven guilty." Also, the plantiff is the one who should provide evidence. It is not the job of the accused to prove that he is innocent. In case of Iraq, it was never incumbent upon Iraq to prove they did not have WMDs

In the meanwhile, about a million people died.

The whole world knows the US government lied, and produced fake satellite images as "evidence.".

Yes yes two of them .!!

Tell me a reason why the Iraq invaded Kuwait, why they launch SCUD's into Israel and KSA

OT: i already told this the thread goes somewhere if we talk about Russians in Ukraine :p

pmaitra

Yes yes two of them .!!

Tell me a reason why the Iraq invaded Kuwait, why they launch SCUD's into Israel and KSA

OT: i already told this the thread goes somewhere if we talk about Russians in Ukraine :p
So, discuss the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" with them. This is a philosophical question. Alternatively, take the advice of @sayareakd Sir.

This thread is more of a whining thread, if you look at the first few posts.

ladder

Country flag

You are correct. Also, even in India, when they serve charge-sheets, they do ask the defendant to provide whereabouts, details, etc.

I have thought about it, but the legal system in most countries isn't exactly fool-proof, but then the laws are also not fool-proof, or for that matter, the judges.

I guess the old adage, "might is right," always holds true.
I shall not call it 'might is right' or lack of lack of law being 'not fool proof'. But, it is the case of 'on the contrary' which the prosecutor can't prove. Like in my edited post above in the case of drug trafficking. There is no means for the prosecutor to prove your intent when contraband of a certain quantity is found on you. On the contrary the accused can prove his innocence by proving he was tricked.

But, 'might is right' can't be neglected though. Many times the easier way out is chosen. And misused.

To give you example, in some states in USA lying to LEO is a felony in-spite of the fact whether the original charge being misdemeanour. And you know what this was used for:rofl:

Last edited:

jouni

This really makes me wonder, why would DFI want to censor the murder of Russian opposite leader, why this silence.... 70 000 people in Moscow were marching ( according to Moscow police 16000 )...

ladder

Country flag

This really makes me wonder, why would DFI want to censor the murder of Russian opposite leader, why this silence.... 70 000 people in Moscow were marching ( according to Moscow police 16000 )...
Makes me wonder why would a Finn be biased to pick a figure over other. 70,000 vs 16,000.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Some would add that you have a clear agenda to splatter this forum with US propaganda and half truths.

And you have shown that anything that is not suitable to US interest is treacherous.

Let us be fair.
On the other hand, your protegee slanders the US almost every day, yet chooses to live here. That hypocrisy is absurd. If he lived in Russia and slandered that country in such a manner, the minimum consequence would be deportation. But Uncle Sam does not care about visa regulations anymore.

As for my "splattering", I have made fact-based arguments against what I see as leftist untruths. I have yet to see my arguments refuted with facts.

pmaitra

What exactly was censored?

There are plenty of posts, including by you, on Nemtsov's murder. Which one of them was censored? Can you point it out?

The most vocal critic is this thread is a repeat offender, a whiner, and a person whose primary purpose in this forum is to engage in personal attacks. He always complains when he is not allowed to abuse others, because he thinks he popped out of the clouds.

I must warn you, if you must accuse, you should have solid evidence. Slandering the forum is not allowed.

@Ray Sir, why are we tolerating these repeat offenders? If these people always have to complain about censorship, why don't we adopt a policy of deleting every single thing they post? At least that would lend some truth in their idiotic malafide accusations.

jouni

There are plenty of posts, including by you, on Nemtsov's murder. Which one of them was censored? Can you point it out?

The most vocal critic is this thread is a repeat offender, a whiner, and a person whose primary purpose in this forum is to engage in personal attacks. He always complains when he is not allowed to abuse others, because he thinks he popped out of the clouds.

I must warn you, if you must accuse, you should have solid evidence. Slandering the forum is not allowed.

@Ray Sir, why are we tolerating these repeat offenders? If these people always have to complain about censorship, why don't we adopt a policy of deleting every single thing they post? At least that would lend some truth in their idiotic malafide accusations.
I am just comparing to Finnish forum, where there is already 15 page seperate thread about the murder. Just compare the size of countries....

pmaitra

I am just comparing to Finnish forum, where there is already 15 page seperate thread about the murder. Just compare the size of countries....
No, you are not "just comparing." You were accusing of censorship. If I were you, I'd retract my statements.

jouni

No, you are not "just comparing." You were accusing of censorship. If I were you, I'd retract my statements.
Ok, I do not have a smoking gun, I take your word that it was not deliberate effort to try to suppress talk about the murder. Luckily we have the Finnish forum, so I can follow the events.

pmaitra

Ok, I do not have a smoking gun, I take your word that it was not deliberate effort to try to suppress talk about the murder. Luckily we have the Finnish forum, so I can follow the events.
Thank you.

The reason I merged a new thread is, we already had a discussion in progress in an existing thread. None of the posts were deleted.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

They are basically losers, who cannot debate with facts.

Tolerating them too has its limits.

Watching the space carefully.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

On the other hand, your protegee slanders the US almost every day, yet chooses to live here. That hypocrisy is absurd. If he lived in Russia and slandered that country in such a manner, the minimum consequence would be deportation. But Uncle Sam does not care about visa regulations anymore.

As for my "splattering", I have made fact-based arguments against what I see as leftist untruths. I have yet to see my arguments refuted with facts.

Any idiot know that there is a difference between democracy and a country that is finding its feet in democracy after years of totalitarian regime.

How is it that you did not know that simple fact?

I thought you had more to you than being so naive, juvenile and so ill educated on such issues.

But then let me tell you right up front, the US is not all that smelling of roses either.

You make no post with facts, but pure unmitigated dogma, propaganda and a supercilious codswallop that the US is the sole moral compass for the world.

Frankly, it is not so.

No one is my protege. Everyone is here on his own right, including you.

So, quit riding the high horse.

Pride, and more so, false and engineered pride goes before a fall.

Don't test me with your unfounded accusation.

Last edited:

apple

The Independent is a British national morning newspaper published in London by Independent Print Limited.

It was launched in 1986 and is one of the youngest UK national daily newspapers. The daily edition was named National Newspaper of the Year at the 2004 British Press Awards.

So, it is from the horse's mouth.
Don't really get your point.

Well I think I do, because America didn't reveal that it had "secretly" provided medical aid (Hypocratic Oath) to the poisoned Ukrainian President, you see some dark, conspiracy, while you ignore that the President had been poisoned.

Well, to be fair, according to the article he was poisoned.

Once again, Ray, moral equivalency... Providing "secret" medical aid =/= poisoning, some US organisations being involved with financing Maidan =/= sending in snipers, some strong language from McCain, etc + no military support =/= Putin lying + sending in the tanks.

Although, if you were claiming that the article was an exampe of anti- Russian, Western propaganda claiming that Russia is poisoning opponents, then OK. I'd disagree with you, but sure.

DingDong

Country flag

Don't really get your point.

Well I think I do, because America didn't reveal that it had "secretly" provided medical aid (Hypocratic Oath) to the poisoned Ukrainian President, you see some dark, conspiracy, while you ignore that the President had been poisoned.

Well, to be fair, according to the article he was poisoned.

Once again, Ray, moral equivalency... Providing "secret" medical aid =/= poisoning, some US organisations being involved with financing Maidan =/= sending in snipers, some strong language from McCain, etc + no military support =/= Putin lying + sending in the tanks.

Although, if you were claiming that the article was an exampe of anti- Russian, Western propaganda claiming that Russia is poisoning opponents, then OK. I'd disagree with you, but sure.
Why did the US go ballistic during the Cuban missile crisis? If the US was right then so is Russia on Ukraine. Self Preservation is Russia's right.

For your information we are still waiting for Judicial conviction of the Kanishka Bombers which were let off so easily by the "super-efficient" Canadian law enforcement, in fact the Canadian Intel knew all about the bombing of the Indian Passenger Aircraft before it was executed to perfection and did nothing to stop it. We want deportation of that serial child molester who is being protected by the UK government and it's judiciary, cannot imagine since when did the British Protestants develop taste for children like the Vatican Catholics. Every Indian knows how the US and it's allies funded the separatists in Punjab and NE Indian states so generously.

Does India share borders with either US or Europe? I guess not. Is Ukraine a neighbour of Russia? Yes it is. There is your context.

apple

For your information we are still waiting for Judicial conviction of the Kanishka Bombers which were let off so easily by the "super-efficient" Canadian law enforcement, in fact the Canadian Intel knew all about the bombing of the Indian Passenger Aircraft before it was executed to perfection and did nothing to stop it. We want deportation of that serial child molester who is being protected by the UK government and it's judiciary, cannot imagine since when did the British Protestants develop taste for children like the Vatican Catholics. Every Indian knows how the US and it's allies funded the separatists in Punjab and NE Indian states so generously.

Does India share borders with either US or Europe? I guess not. Is Ukraine a neighbour of Russia? Yes it is. There is your context.
Sorry, I really don't see the relevance of anything you've written there.

Why did the US go ballistic during the Cuban missile crisis? If the US was right then so is Russia on Ukraine. Self Preservation is Russia's right.
You're being a bit of a "Ray" there, comparing apples to oranges.

Nineteen- sixty- whatever was a very different time from now.

For a start, from what I understand, that was when the world went closest to having a nuclear war. The stakes aren't so high now, nor should their be such an impasse between the combatants i.e. Ukrainians and Russians are the same people (although, perhaps that makes things worse).

On a different tack, while Russia (along with many on this forum) doesn't believe it, NATO isn't a threat to their territory. For me, Russian self preservation isn't an issue.

W.G.Ewald

Professional

Any idiot know that there is a difference between democracy and a country that is finding its feet in democracy after years of totalitarian regime.

How is it that you did not know that simple fact?

I thought you had more to you than being so naive, juvenile and so ill educated on such issues.

But then let me tell you right up front, the US is not all that smelling of roses either.

You make no post with facts, but pure unmitigated dogma, propaganda and a supercilious codswallop that the US is the sole moral compass for the world.

Frankly, it is not so.

No one is my protege. Everyone is here on his own right, including you.

So, quit riding the high horse.

Pride, and more so, false and engineered pride goes before a fall.

Don't test me with your unfounded accusation.
Your intemperate and threatening response just reaffirms you don't have the facts on your side.

Compare Poland after years of communist oppression. They kept the faith in democracy and did not require decades of re-democracization.

W.G.Ewald

Professional

Some would add that you have a clear agenda to splatter this forum with US propaganda and half truths.
My splattering benefits DFI more than Jackson Pollock could :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Your intemperate and threatening response just reaffirms you don't have the facts on your side.

Compare Poland after years of communist oppression. They kept the faith in democracy and did not require decades of re-democracization.
There is no threatening response.

Maybe it could appear intemperate to the poster. I would say, it was more of a forceful comment.

I will be frank, I have no love lost for Russia and I abhor Communism since it leads to no good. Have had the experience in living in a Communist State. You have not and so your detest is from a national paranoia.

Democracy is a buzz word and nothing more. If the US was a true democracy, then the people would have been allowed to vote for anyone or any ideology that they desire. It would be an Open Society. But is the US, the self proclaimed bastion of democracy, an Open Society. If it were, why should the Communist Party be banned in the US?

While, here in India, we have allowed Communist Parties of all hues. They find themselves reject by the populace and are moving into oblivion. Now, that is what I feel is closer to the concept of democracy than shutting up a section of political ideology because of a historical whipping up of national paranoia.

Poland is not the sole 'liberated' East European country which claims to be a democracy. Do look around and see for yourself. Poland, if it were so fabulous, it would not be flooding other EU countries with cheap labour and leading to social tensions. Check Britain and its woes. It is even contemplating leaving the EU.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles