Interesting and unrelated threads getting hidden in a blotted thread

apple

A Russian politician has been recently assassinated in Moscow. Two attempts have been made to begin a thread on this assassination. One of these threads got locked, straight away. The other was moved into the Civil War in the Ukraine thread.

To me, while the Ukraine would be an important topic in Russian domestic politics, moving a thread about the murder of a Russian politician into a thread on the Ukraine is ridiculous.

That Ukraine thread is full of extremely worth while and well made posts and absorbs a wide range of subject which, and while this is just my subjective objection, would be better served by having their own individual thread. Although, it must be said a large number (the majority?) of posts in that thread are trolling/ links to youtube.

The thread is extremely busy (11,000+ posts) and I know, speaking from my own perspective, that it's in fact so busy I don't really bother reading all the new posts. Am sure there's many great posts in that thread that I have missed as that 1 great post has been buried in sea of trolling/ youtube vids. In addition to that, greats post I have read in the past on that thread are basically "lost" and if I want to reply to an old post that I remember reading before, I'll never be able to find it.

Am concerned that discusssion of the assassination will, likewise, get buried which is particularly unfortunate as while Russian political assassinations and the Ukrainian Civil War are related topics, they are clearly different.

Well, unless you're of the opinion that the Anti- Putin politician was murdered by Ukrainians, which is judgement call I don't think moderators should be taking.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Re: Interesting and unrelated threads getting hidden in a blotted thre

Actually everywhere in the Internet forums the Ukraine thread's Hijacked by the Russian Supporters, hence here too

They bring some idiotic Sources and News to divert the Main point.

Since the Crimea intervention everyone first Say they were not Russians later Russia deployed force because of some treaty, then they annexed The territory

even if you ask an Russian Supporter will any Russian Troops inside Ukraine they say No and brings bunch of News Sources claiming their words

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@apple,

Putin is no big deal to India that one has to defend him

He has done bug all for India. In fact, Russia has screwed up much for India.

On Ukraine the issue is that the West shout and howls from the roof tops about Democracy. The murder of democracy in Ukraine is what upsets. Imagine a democratically elected leader is toppled by Nazi goons, Maidan and Soros' money apart from USAID.

That is the murder of Democracy that the West holds up for its sanctimonious preaching to all concerned,

That is what makes one want to have a fair and level playing field.

No one cares want Putin has to say.

Assassinations by Big Powers to consolidate their hold is not new.

Heard of Allende? Who organised that?

Heard of Pinochet? Who deported after providing safety when the going got hot?

The Devil cannot quote the Scriptures.

Russian assassinating is no big deal. Hardly one to sweat about, unless you can cite good reasons for a separate thread.

Surely, whoever merged it, must have had a reason.

Tell me why it should be a separate thread and I shall reopen it, after checking who merged the thread.

Actually everywhere in the Internet forums the Ukraine thread's Hijacked by the Russian Supporters, hence here too

Since the Crimea intervention everyone first Say they were not Russians later Russia deployed force because of some treaty, then they annexed The territory

even if you ask an Russian Supporter will any Russian Troops inside Ukraine they say No and brings bunch of News Sources claiming their words
Could you educate me as to how the Orange Revolution happened?

Spontaneous?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

We Treated Poisoned Yushchenko, Admit Americans
By Andrew Osborn
The Independent U.K.
Saturday 12 March 2005

Compelling evidence of America's behind-the-scenes role in Ukraine's orange revolution has come to light after a team of US doctors admitted it secretly treated the country's new pro-Western President Viktor Yushchenko for poisoning during his election campaign.

Washington has been cagey about disclosing the extent of its involvement in last December's change of power in Ukraine for fear of offending Russia, which was itself accused of meddling.

Moscow had backed Mr. Yushchenko's rival, the pro-Russian candidate Viktor Yanukovych and, since his defeat, has struggled to come to terms with its sudden loss of influence in a country it traditionally regarded as a close ally.

Russian politicians insist Washington orchestrated the "coup" in order to take Ukraine out of Russia's orbit and propel it towards Nato and the EU. In turn, it is frequently inferred in Ukraine that the poison Mr. Yushchenko ingested by eating a bowl of soup originated in Russia and was administered by pro-Russian forces, if not by Russia's secret service.

The poison, a heavy dose of dioxin, turned the previously photogenic Mr. Yushchenko's face into a rash of suppurating lesions and unsightly blotches and seriously undermined his health. His aides believe it was intended to kill him.

But Ukraine's new government says it knows precisely who poisoned the President. However, it says the investigation is not finished and no "guilty" individual or state has yet been named.

America has denied helping Mr. Yushchenko, whose wife Kateryna is American. It is, however, an open secret that Washington funded pro-democracy youth groups which played a major role in the transition of power and organised the huge street demonstrations that helped him win the re-run of a fraudulent election.

A Washington-based PR firm called Rock Creek Creative has also boasted of playing a significant role in branding and developing a pro-Yushchenko website but was forced to backtrack after its admission caused an uproar in Russia.

The evidence gathered by The Washington Post - from two US officials, two American doctors and the head of the Austrian clinic where Mr. Yushchenko was treated - is the strongest yet that America's role was greater than it let on. Gregory Saathoff, the lead doctor and head of the University of Virginia's critical incident analysis group, confirmed a team of six US doctors analysed Mr. Yushchenko's case, first from a distance and then in person. Samples of his hair, nails and blood were brought to Washington for analysis. Mr. Saathoff said the doctors were responding to a request from Mr. Yushchenko's family which came through the Pentagon.

He claims the US government was not involved but a US official has admitted the State Department provided logistical support for the doctors' trip to Vienna last December.
Officials said that the US ambassador to Ukraine, John Herbst, also helped as did the US embassy in Vienna.

Robert McConnell, head of the US-Ukrainian Foundation, was involved in the operation and says it had to be kept a secret at the time.

U.S. Played Big Role in Ukraine's Orange Revolution
The Independent is a British national morning newspaper published in London by Independent Print Limited.

It was launched in 1986 and is one of the youngest UK national daily newspapers. The daily edition was named National Newspaper of the Year at the 2004 British Press Awards.

So, it is from the horse's mouth.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

A Russian politician has been recently assassinated in Moscow. Two attempts have been made to begin a thread on this assassination. One of these threads got locked, straight away. The other was moved into the Civil War in the Ukraine thread.

To me, while the Ukraine would be an important topic in Russian domestic politics, moving a thread about the murder of a Russian politician into a thread on the Ukraine is ridiculous.

That Ukraine thread is full of extremely worth while and well made posts and absorbs a wide range of subject which, and while this is just my subjective objection, would be better served by having their own individual thread. Although, it must be said a large number (the majority?) of posts in that thread are trolling/ links to youtube.

The thread is extremely busy (11,000+ posts) and I know, speaking from my own perspective, that it's in fact so busy I don't really bother reading all the new posts. Am sure there's many great posts in that thread that I have missed as that 1 great post has been buried in sea of trolling/ youtube vids. In addition to that, greats post I have read in the past on that thread are basically "lost" and if I want to reply to an old post that I remember reading before, I'll never be able to find it.

Am concerned that discusssion of the assassination will, likewise, get buried which is particularly unfortunate as while Russian political assassinations and the Ukrainian Civil War are related topics, they are clearly different.

Well, unless you're of the opinion that the Anti- Putin politician was murdered by Ukrainians, which is judgement call I don't think moderators should be taking.
The question I have is, in whose interest is the unrelenting, unquestioning support of Putin on DFI?

Clearly one moderator has a full time job for that task (deleting posts, banning posters who have any alternate view, etc.) , with the absolute support of The Big Cheese. Chief, I mean.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

Putin has a huge troll army. They are sent to spread state propaganda on various news sources and forums. I wouldn't be surprised if he's recruiting from different countries now.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Putin has a huge troll army. They are sent to spread state propaganda on various news sources and forums. I wouldn't be surprised if he's recruiting from different countries now.
Clearly there is an example of the latter right here, an NRI with extremely confused loyalties.

pmaitra

@Ray Sir,

I merged because this news was already posted there, and there is a discussion there already. It is true that this murder has no proven relation with Ukraine thread, or any proven relation with Putin, as @apple suggests in his opening post. I guess some individuals want a specialized "guilty unless proven innocent" thread.

Now that our beloved and most "sincere" @apple has opened another attention seeking thread, I am sure he won't mind if people start talking Bollywood and cricket in this thread.

The Devil cannot quote the Scriptures.
I think some individuals think they are "exceptional."

They want to make unsupported claims, then expect others to refute it, and then talk about "quality" of debate.

I am sure you have exercised your "freedom of expression" by posting Tweets from a Neo-Nazi source called EuroMaidanPR. Why complain about others' sources?

Want to stifle freedom of expression? I have a good idea. Begin with yourself.

I am sure he does, and I am sure he is not alone.

Link: U.S. Congressional staff edits to Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, I am waiting for the self styled pontiff (and stalker) to resume his rants.

Just a note: None of these highly concerned individuals have managed to post a single comment about Boris Nemtsov. The only thing they have done so far is whine.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

And the troll Army of the West?

Would that be too much of a misrepresentation that such an Army as exists.

The issue is, in this forum, all are entitled to give their POV and views, so long as it within limits of decency, correct language.

Trolls inhabit the cyberspace from all over and so what is new about that?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The question I have is, in whose interest is the unrelenting, unquestioning support of Putin on DFI?

Clearly one moderator has a full time job for that task (deleting posts, banning posters who have any alternate view, etc.) , with the absolute support of The Big Cheese. Chief, I mean.
Some would add that you have a clear agenda to splatter this forum with US propaganda and half truths.

And you have shown that anything that is not suitable to US interest is treacherous.

Let us be fair.

apple

Hmm... So a thread about the editorial policy of DFI gets used as another opportunity for some America bashing. Does DFI only have two moderators?

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Not so transparent, but very "patriotic." Loyal to a lot of things; just not loyal to the truth.

Have you read the story of the boy who cried wolf?

You mean General Collin Powel

err

Some reports say Iraq had WMD, some say No

we both can prove by Submitting links claiming they have WMD and haven't WMD

tell me whats the Point

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Hmm... So a thread about the editorial policy of DFI gets used as another opportunity for some America bashing. Does DFI only have two moderators?
I'm not going to Publicly Criticize the Mods, If any Problem means send a PM to @Singh

Lets do this everyone, can see what the Admin Team says about this

ladder

Country flag

Well there are many moderators, but why is that important?

But I get your drift. To answer in your language, the Apple tree under which Newton was resting too must have/had many apples. I hope you get my point.

apple

Well there are many moderators, but why is that important?

But I get your drift. To answer in your language, the Apple tree under which Newton was resting too must have/had many apples. I hope you get my point.
Sorry, no I don't really get your point.

But any post that manages to mention Newton is fine with me :clap:

DingDong

Country flag

You mean to say that whoever writes in favour of Putin or Russia is a paid troll? Putin might be good but he is not God, not in this part of the world at least. But yes you will find many NGO and "International Citizen" type trolls peddling the American POV even at the cost of their own country's interests. Recent India-US engagement was all show and very little in substance, and despite all the bad blood Russia has been a reliable strategic partner of India and will remain so in future.

There are more numbers of individuals and organizations in Russia working for the US than the other way around and Russia has the right to take care of these entitites in national interest. The US has no business preaching Democracy elsewhere while it has turned itself into a de-facto Police State. We all know what happens at Guantanamo Bay, don't we?

pmaitra

You mean General Collin Powel

err

Some reports say Iraq had WMD, some say No

we both can prove by Submitting links claiming they have WMD and haven't WMD

tell me whats the Point
Do you have friends who are students of law or lawyers?

In a civilized world, we assume "innocent unless proven guilty." Also, the plantiff is the one who should provide evidence. It is not the job of the accused to prove that he is innocent. In case of Iraq, it was never incumbent upon Iraq to prove they did not have WMDs.

In the meanwhile, about a million people died.

The whole world knows the US government lied, and produced fake satellite images as "evidence."

ladder

Country flag

Do you have friends who are students of law or lawyers?

In a civilized world, we assume "innocent unless proven guilty." Also, the plantiff is the one who should provide evidence. It is not the job of the accused to prove that he is innocent. In case of Iraq, it was never incumbent upon Iraq to prove they did not have WMDs.

In the meanwhile, about a million people died.

The whole world knows the US government lied, and produced fake satellite images as "evidence."
It is not the job of the accused to prove that he is innocent
@pmaitra, I am not replying to your entire post but the quoted text, which is violated sometimes, generally in modern terr. laws in many countries.

[Note: For situations where there is an onus of proof on the accused see specific instances, such as supplying drugs at [5-1800], substantial impairment at [6-570], insanity at [6-230].]
http://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/criminal/onus_and_standard_of_proof.html

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles