INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@Mariner HK,
I think you know the answer, But more important to think about solutions then problems, that is why this thread here for, If you have better option do put here....

Carry on..

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Dada, are you sure that the top P-Rail was shortened?

I thought that it was still there (red box) but is under a cover (yellow box)

2010 MSMC >>

=========================

2012 MSMC

=================
=================

1. They shouldn't have reduce the size of Rail..
2. Nor the size of the Magazine which should be 30rnds as on 9mm Carbine in use..
3. They should provide P-rail at fore grips over both sides for attachments such as torch and laser and under it for grip..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
May be, I didn't noticed this back then ..

This is the pic of front grip, But i did not tool from over it, As this is a mock up the details are not very precious..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

that is made so that belt for pressure switch for red dot sight wont move from its position. Here look closely.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Sir, AFAIK there is no pressure belt in the 2012 model. The pressure switch (red circle) is fixed. The wire (yellow lines) goes through the foregrip and is held in place via a clip (green circle).

that is made so that belt for pressure switch for red dot sight wont move from its position. Here look closely.

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned
@Kunal Biswas

My option is very simple. We need to pump in money atleast few more if not too much for INSAS program. In certain time limit.1 bil $ for 65000 guns will be foolish when u can upgrade and mass produced upgraded Insas . There should be many models Small ,medium Heavy guns.If needed we can joint venture with Russia or Isral either way its win win. They tender u r talking about is a SCAM.I think i posted one thread on these scamed Tender. If DRDO cant produce one Good Insas Project Leader should be screwed and all his credits from Govt of India should be stripped.If he cannot produce Good Rifile for our armed forces and Protect Indian Public He is not fit to be paid with Taxpayers money. PERIOD

pmaitra

What If Multi-Cal Rifle Tender Falls?

My answer: I'll be glad.

We've had enough of this getting different kinds of arms from different sources. India seriously needs to simplify things, and not complicate it.

How many calibres do we need? We already have 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm (with it's own variations, x39, x51, x54). I really don't see the benefit of introducing yet another calibre.

The INSAS has potential for improvement.

The last time I heard, it had 151 parts, and OFB is working to reduce that.

This is going to be another weird proposition, like the Arun Tank. First they ask for a tank that will perform like western heavy MBTs, and then they complain about the weight. Now, they will get a wide variety of calibres, and then complain about lack of ammunition. I wonder what those people issuing tenders think!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Sir, AFAIK there is no pressure belt in the 2012 model. The pressure switch (red circle) is fixed. The wire (yellow lines) goes through the foregrip and is held in place via a clip (green circle).

true but you have to understand that gun is still in development so they are playing with the design.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Back to the topic >>

------------------------

I think this Aimpoint Micro H-1 suits better here..

Kunal sir that is Aimpoint Micro H-1 Red Dot Sight.

this video shows aim point and give small glimps of aimpoint factory.

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Note INSAS 1B1 improved, Looks like transformation is full swing from front to peace lines..

Photos taken in Mhow MP..
Sweet! :) Kunal Boss plijj post the one with 'ubgl' that you've posted on MP, that one looks 100% Badass!

ladder

Country flag
Why do we need to wait for tender for multi-caliber rifle to be cancelled to come up with an improved variant of Insas?

Insas also finds service with CAPF and state police force and many units still converting currently.
Few years down the line these will need replacement.
What will we offer them as replacement if upgraded insas is not available then?
DRDO mult-cal will have prohibitive cost for most of these organisation to buy in bulk.

Insas is no more completely dependent on army GSQR alone.
OFB has to think it as a product with service of multiple organisations which needs improvement throughout its life-cycle as any other product.

If we don't upgrade the insas rifle then few years in future we will be seeing tender for import of millions of rifles for CAPF's and state police forces.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
:rage: (Watermarks!!) Awesome!! thanks Kunal Boss, that's some! "Badass-giri" right there :hail: ,INSAS haters :bplease:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles