INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Say whatever you want...INSAS had that Indian element innit

Talented but ruined by system

Only thing good about it is its accurate. Apart from all those common complaints about it it had one more. When you put the changing liver to R ie semi auto i wont fell into that position always and if thats the case cocking wont be possible. You need to slightly adjust the liver. Unlike Ak/SLR cocking is not at all pleasant

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Jvpc to be inducted in army
Hearing that since 10th grade
This is just recycled news my friend
Besides, they have the MP9 which has a similar profile and chambered in 9×19 which the army has loads of unlike 5.56×30 Minsas

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Hearing that since 10th grade
This is just recycled news my friend
Besides, they have the MP9 which has a similar profile and chambered in 9×19 which the army has loads of unlike 5.56×30 Minsas
Iam hearing it since eighth grade , still to see

I was very excited about mciws also

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
- Army seems bit serious about ASMI, given the fact that it's in house designed.
- Requirment of 3L 5.56x45mm carbines are also there.

Where would this JVPC fit!?
I guess for Tank/Armoured vehicle crews and helo pilots of the AAC, anyone who does not need a higher calibre weapon, but IMO the 9mm round is outdated for infantry use barring sidearms, so I’m not really sure where it would fit in for them. Most people believe that the Army has phased out the use of Sterling’s but this simply isn’t true as in the recent Tri-Service exercises in the A&N Islands they were still running around with them.
1640330720218.png
1640330748715.png

For the IAF the pilots and whoever else used to use Sterling’s and don’t require a larger caliber gun.
For the Navy, if they have not inducted JVPC/Amogh Carbines for VBSS teams and sailors due to apprehension of the calibre, this should be a Sterling replacement if they want to continue with 9mm ammo.
1640331375206.png

Same for CAPFs who haven’t yet completely replaced their Sterling’s like ITBP and SSB(Hell most people don’t even know there’s a CAPF called SSB).
1640330894403.jpeg
1640330954753.jpeg

Not to mention the various State police forces.
Indian Army IMO will be catalyst to other forces adopting this gun and they will be the first ones to induct it giving others the confidence to do so too.

Last edited:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I guess for Tank/Armoured vehicle crews and helo pilots of the AAC, anyone who does not need a higher calibre weapon, but IMO the 9mm round is outdated for infantry use barring sidearms, so I’m not really sure where it would fit in for them.
Then why not a 5.56x45mm carbine with 11 inch barrel and a good blast diverter!?

- it'll also be in 3kg range
- same length of 7xx-5xx mm
- better ballistic performance
- and most importantly, use existing ammo

How a 14.5 inch and 11 inch variant of ARDE carbine is not better than having two different types of ammo!?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Then why not a 5.56x45mm carbine with 11 inch barrel and a good blast diverter!?

- it'll also be in 3kg range
- same length of 7xx-5xx mm
- better ballistic performance
- and most importantly, use existing ammo
Poor performance of Indian made ammo for smaller length barrels, they call a 16 inch barrelled Excalibur rifle as a CQB rifle as they weren’t confident of the OFB INSAS ammo of performing well at shorter barrel lengths.
They’ll have to revert to making M193 ammo or go for a completely different supplier which negates the argument of using existing ammo.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles