INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
5.5 lakh 7.62x51mm, never heard of this, is there any news regarding this?
The RFI for 7.62 mm assault rifle is given here:

1. IMO, this 7.62* 51 mm rifle with 5.5 lac (Make in India) + 65000 (Sig 716 under FTP) + 65000(SIG 716 FTP re-order) is intended to replace the INSAS as the primary firearm of the army, which is around 7 lacs in service. This is replacement for INSAS.

2. The 7.62*39 rifle of which a separate RFI is issued will be 6.5 lac requirement. This will be a secondary firearm. This is for non-infantry arms as well as paramilitary units like RR and AR(who have a rotational manpower from various branches of army). AK 203 is the frontrunner though the contract with OFB with stuck due to pricing issues.
This is replacement of the different AK variants in service since the 70-80s.

Around 3.5 lac (Make in India) (tender is out) + 94k (carbine)(FTP tender cancelled) will also be another secondary armament for CQB. This is replacement for 9 mm sterling which is in service since WW2.

In addition, there are also, RFIs for corner shot pistol and corner shot grenades.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
I really thought India would select a foreign tender for its carbine requirements and get full Technology Transfer and improve our domestic quality for firearms in the future.
Looks like everything is going to shite from here onwards, just like insas.

shade

Country flag
I really thought India would select a foreign tender for its carbine requirements and get full Technology Transfer and improve our domestic quality for firearms in the future.
Don't worry bhai, there will be more (((emergency procurements))) coming after this has problems after induction or "doesn't meet requirements" so it doesn't get inducted.
btw all your full ToT will go in the hands of OFB kamchors, you can expect where it will go from there.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Don't worry bhai, there will be more (((emergency procurements))) coming after this has problems after induction or "doesn't meet requirements" so it doesn't get inducted.
btw all your full ToT will go in the hands of OFB kamchors, you can expect where it will go from there.
Yes your right even if we get TOT and that falls in the hands of Ofb, they will make it even more a shitty carbine, just like galil to insas!!

shade

Country flag
Yes your right even if we get TOT and that falls in the hands of Ofb, they will make it even more a shitty carbine, just like galil to insas!!
Sometimes i think this back and forth bullshit of IMPORT IMPORT IMPORT -> NOPE,. We gon hab make in India maal -> SHIT IT DON'T WORK, EMERGANZY PROCUEMENT NAO!!!!! is all a co-operative scheme by OFB/DRDO kamchors and Import lobby, OFB/DRDO chuts are gainfully employed by their make in India jhumlas, and Import dalals continue getting paid because of emergency procurements or phoren ToT deals

Only the warfighting capabilities of Indian AF and Army suffer, but hey, it's 2020, wars don't happen, how does it matter, i'm getting paid bc :truestory:

WolfPack86

Country flag
Ministry of Defence
Successful Trials of 5.56 x 30 mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC)
Posted On: 10 DEC 2020 3:32PM by PIB Delhi

Defence Research and Development Organsiation (DRDO) designed 5.56x30 mm Protective Carbine has successfully undergone the final phase of User trials on 7th December 2020 meeting all the GSQR parameters. This has paved the way for induction into the services. This was the last leg of trials in a series of User trials which have been carried out in extreme temperature conditions in summer and high altitudes in winter. JVPC has successfully met the stringent performance criteria of reliability and accuracy in addition to quality trials conducted by DGQA.

JVPC is a Gas Operated Semi Bull-pup automatic weapon having more than 700 rpm rate of fire. The effective range of the carbine is more than 100 m and weighs about 3.0 kg with key features like high reliability, low recoil, retractable Butt, ergonomic design, single hand firing capability, and multiple Picatinny rails etc. These features make it a very potent weapon for Counter Insurgency /Counter Terrorism operations by security agencies.

The carbine has been designed as per Indian Army’s GSQR, by Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), a Pune based laboratory of DRDO. The Weapon is manufactured at Small Arms Factory, Kanpur while the Ammunition is manufactured at ammunition Factory, Kirkee Pune.

The weapon has already passed the MHA trials and procurement action is initiated by the CAPFs and various State Police organisations.

Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh had unveiled the 5.56 x 30 mm JVPC during DefExpo- 2020 at Lucknow.

Secretary DD R&D & Chairman DRDO Dr Satheesh Reddy has congratulated DRDO team, user team and all public and private agencies involved in manufacturing for successful reaching this milestone.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ministry of Defence
Successful Trials of 5.56 x 30 mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC)
Posted On: 10 DEC 2020 3:32PM by PIB Delhi

Defence Research and Development Organsiation (DRDO) designed 5.56x30 mm Protective Carbine has successfully undergone the final phase of User trials on 7th December 2020 meeting all the GSQR parameters. This has paved the way for induction into the services. This was the last leg of trials in a series of User trials which have been carried out in extreme temperature conditions in summer and high altitudes in winter. JVPC has successfully met the stringent performance criteria of reliability and accuracy in addition to quality trials conducted by DGQA.

JVPC is a Gas Operated Semi Bull-pup automatic weapon having more than 700 rpm rate of fire. The effective range of the carbine is more than 100 m and weighs about 3.0 kg with key features like high reliability, low recoil, retractable Butt, ergonomic design, single hand firing capability, and multiple Picatinny rails etc. These features make it a very potent weapon for Counter Insurgency /Counter Terrorism operations by security agencies.

The carbine has been designed as per Indian Army’s GSQR, by Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), a Pune based laboratory of DRDO. The Weapon is manufactured at Small Arms Factory, Kanpur while the Ammunition is manufactured at ammunition Factory, Kirkee Pune.

The weapon has already passed the MHA trials and procurement action is initiated by the CAPFs and various State Police organisations.

Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh had unveiled the 5.56 x 30 mm JVPC during DefExpo- 2020 at Lucknow.

Secretary DD R&D & Chairman DRDO Dr Satheesh Reddy has congratulated DRDO team, user team and all public and private agencies involved in manufacturing for successful reaching this milestone.
I guess these will be inducted by Military Police or IAF or IN personnel as it is 5.56x30 MINSAS Carbine plus effective range is 100+ metres. So it won’t be chosen for 3.5 lakh carbine one but for limited use as per the specs. JVPC is my favourite gun in Call of Duty and I want Indigenous JVPC to be in the Indian Army.

ClawReed787

Country flag
I guess these will be inducted by Military Police or IAF or IN personnel as it is 5.56x30 MINSAS Carbine plus effective range is 100+ metres. So it won’t be chosen for 3.5 lakh carbine one but for limited use as per the specs. JVPC is my favourite gun in Call of Duty and I want Indigenous JVPC to be in the Indian Army.
They could try exporting for civilians in America. That could work with the exposure it has in call of duty

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
So this means weapons made by drdo is fine and works in all condition...Army rejected it in moh of phoren maaal....kamaal hai..

N4tsula67

Country flag
So this means weapons made by drdo is fine and works in all condition...Army rejected it in moh of phoren maaal....kamaal hai..
Issue isn't DRDO Shrimaan issue is OFB. Even INSAS was a good gun OFB fked it up. IA don't trust OFB. Ofc this can be solved by doing ToT and Public-Private Partnership but again there is phoren maal lobby as well. So there are multiple factors.
Hue hue hue aise OFB ka drama make IA to seek phoren maal.
Why indeed.

Last edited:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Prototypes work fine. Even Insas prototype in 90s worked very fine and it got inducted.

The screwup happens due to pathetic manufacturing and assembly job i OFB, which automatically becomes the production agency for DRDO products.

shade

Country flag
Issue isn't DRDO Shrimaan issue is OFB. Even INSAS was a good gun OFB fked it up. IA don't trust OFB. Ofc this can be solved by doing ToT and Public-Private Partnership but again there is phoren maal lobby as well. So there are multiple factors.
Hue hue hue aise OFB ka drama make IA to seek phoren maal.
OFB needs a purge, like privatize it entirely or reform it to be run like a private company, you don't deliver results, you are lazy, you face the consequences.
ToT or PPP won't fix this rotten, kamchor and muftkhor organization

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Prototypes work fine. Even Insas prototype in 90s worked very fine and it got inducted.

The screwup happens due to pathetic manufacturing and assembly job i OFB, which automatically becomes the production agency for DRDO products.
What happened to ofb privatization.after the protest I think some of it atleast went through.

Killbot

Country flag
I seriously don't get the bitching done over the JVPC. It's one of the best PDWs on the planet and looks sexy as hell. Give credit where it is due.

I do think they should shorten the barrel by 4 inches. 5.56*30 isn't a rifle caliber round and any barrel length over 8" won't make a meaningful difference in terms of velocity gained. And add a monolithic rail, for fuck's sake. And a bolt catch and bolt release. Makes operating it much easier. The front sight post should also be moved. A quad rail would be nice, too.

Compare it to the HK MP7.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles