INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Desi Aam

Country flag
Insas LMG.
Can the OFB modify the Insas LMG 5.56 with 30 round magazine to a belt fed 100 round box magazine.
Will really act as a force multiplier.

We know that a 7.62 belt fed LMG is already being developed.
Both will have their own role to play. Complement each other.
Yes it can be ....with a lil jugaad...!!

Killbot

Country flag

Tridev123

Country flag
Well. I thought that such a modification will make the INSAS LMG 5.56 more useful and relevant.

A 30 round magazine for an LMG is simply not sufficient. At firing rates of minimum 600 rounds per minute a 30 round magazine will be emptied out quickly requiring frequent magazine changes.

Desi Aam

Country flag
Ag
Well. I thought that such a modification will make the INSAS LMG 5.56 more useful and relevant.

A 30 round magazine for an LMG is simply not sufficient. At firing rates of minimum 600 rounds per minute a 30 round magazine will be emptied out quickly requiring frequent magazine changes.
agree...saw a video from last year i think...IA soldier using the Insas LMG on pak border....plenty of misfires...(prolly faulty ammo)...he went thru 8-12 mags...one after the other...

Killbot

Country flag
He's essentially turned the upper reciever upside down, modified tolhe feeding system and modified to lower to accommodate. So the locking system, top cover etc is going to be much heavier. And a pain in the ass to clean. There is no telling how reliable this system will be. And the upper will take the full brunt of the recoil and getting a suitable optics mounting platform is impossible. Not a good military weapon, but as a recreational project, fucking 💯/💯.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles