INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
modern AK rifles have 90° gas block because the 45° one was a stress point and used to deteriorate faster.
Not entirely true.45° gas block dont make any issue for 7.62x39 ammo, but when the same is used for 5.45x39 it causes the above said issue.Where as 90° works fine for both calibers.So just to save cost all those nations making both 7.62 and 5.45 is making only 90° ones to reduce cost.OFB Trichy just followed the suit.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
at the same time, INSAS is also the same rifle that won us the kargil.. i do not know why nepalis lost against maoists but INSAS is not the reason.

INSAS has its own problem. i.E the design is outdated. but it is not a bad rifle. since coming from texas, i know lot of firearms and i own guns, lots of guns.. and i don't mind picking up insas if i have to.
Insas didnt won us Kargil war.There were lot of issues like gun firing in full auto instead of 3 round burst, mags cracking, jamming etc reported during Kargil.Thats why many units wanted their SLRs back then instead of Insas.The same issues were reported by Nepalese too.

WolfPack86

Country flag
F-35 for India even possible? | 5 Rafale 27 july | SSSD AK47 new kit | SPICE2000

Thundering13th

Country flag
Insas didnt won us Kargil war.There were lot of issues like gun firing in full auto instead of 3 round burst, mags cracking, jamming etc reported during Kargil.Thats why many units wanted their SLRs back then instead of Insas.The same issues were reported by Nepalese too.
The jamming continues till date. Not at all good for CQB the INSAS IB/C or regular inf ops

Newkid

Country flag
Can someone please explain the details of tactical vest currently being used by Indian army. Thanks in advance.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles