INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Our Economy is growing so does our standards, MICWS is also design as per our country economy ..

MICWS definitely cost more than Excalibur but not even 1/4th of those imported rifles which failed in our terrain, For a 3 million Strong Army this is affordable ..

Excalibur and Improved 1B1 used alloy which has parts of aluminum too, MCIWS use much advance metallurgy as its design is newer to other two ..

Excalibur is mid term solution untill MICWS get into mass production similarly Ghatak ..

=============

I always had a question. Will not MCIWS cost more than Excalibur as the former uses high grade aluminum while excalibur uses steel. I thinks MCIWS should be given to special forces and assault teams rather than provide it for regular jawans. What are the plans of MoD in accommodating these both rifles?
The current day IA foot soldier needs a MASSIVE upgrade and the MCIWS will in fact save costs as a common platform will replace 2 rifles (Ak and INSAS) meaning logistics will be streamlined and this will lead to considerable savings throughout its life time.
Anyone have pics of INSAS with holographic sights

Last edited:

Superdefender

I have already posted a long article about MCIWS. The author had explained why we should use this rifle in more quantity.

sbm

Country flag
Kunal do you see any improvement in the number of optical and night vision sights for the infantry? There seems to be quite a shortage still.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Not shortage but being issued to specialized use and needs only ..

For example, Scope on 1B1 is their for marksman and PNS only when needed on specific duties ..

Kunal do you see any improvement in the number of optical and night vision sights for the infantry? There seems to be quite a shortage still.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Future is thermal or duel (thermal and night vision sight) sight.
One of the local company is making it.

su35

Country flag
Future is thermal or duel (thermal and night vision sight) sight.
One of the local company is making it.
Nowdays Hybrid sights mostly used by other armies. Never seen Indian Regular Infantry using hybrid sight

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Recently one new rifle was made. OFB Head said that it is neighbor's envy and owner's pride. Can anybody throw any light on this rifle?

abingdonboy

Country flag

MK1C - 360 Railings

--------------------
The latest INSAS rifles (AMOGH, Excalubir and such) look amazing! Such a shame the INSAS had its name tarnished so much that this is being all but ignored now.

kr9

Country flag
25818736420_57e1ebff3e_o.jpg

Hi, I saw this image at the Defence Expo thread as well.
Is there a designation for the rifle at the far right?

Also, isn't this rifle (which looks better; sturdier somehow, in my opinion) redundant in lieu of the Excalibur?

@Kunal Biswas
Sir,
Do you know if this rifle (or furniture) is going for production?

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
View attachment 8165

Hi, I saw this image at the Defence Expo thread as well.
Is there a designation for the rifle at the far right?

Also, isn't this rifle (which looks better; sturdier somehow, in my opinion) redundant in lieu of the Excalibur?

@Kunal Biswas
Sir,
Do you know if this rifle (or furniture) is going for production?
That is the Excalibur with folding stock and picatinny rail.

kr9

Country flag
That is the Excalibur with folding stock and picatinny rail.
So is the second one from right. And its tag says Excalibur. It just has the 1B1 foregrip.
The last one on the right does not have a designation. It has a shorter foregrip (like an FNC) with rails underneath.
Which is why I am curious.

PS: As far as foregrips go, I like the Amogh furniture - full cover for mid-barrel including the gas tube. I wish it was like that for the rifles as well.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
with quad rail you can change what ever you want to. add three side or four sides P rails.

You guys notice the new sniper rifle made by OFB, this one has range of 1000 meters and it has provision for silencer on it. This is first time OFB has made sniper rifle, first in India. Next version will have range of 1200 meters.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
with quad rail you can change what ever you want to. add three side or four sides P rails.

You guys notice the new sniper rifle made by OFB, this one has range of 1000 meters and it has provision for silencer on it. This is first time OFB has made sniper rifle, first in India. Next version will have range of 1200 meters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles