INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

harpreet288

Country flag
Appreciate your response but i was more curious about 5.56 vs 5.45. My knowledge is quite limited in ballistic science(that's why i am here to learn and discuss these things but mostly learn), imho @Lonewarrior is far more knowledgeable in this regard.
Both r the same bro, actually the Soviets copied the Americans during the Vietnam war from captured M-16 rifles impressed they told Gen Kalashnikov to make a similar rifle round for the Russian army, though the Gen was not ready but he didn't have any choice..

Well the Soviets came with the with the AK-74 and further version..

It was known as the poison bullet,if hit for ex-the Mujahideen in Afghanistan,the part which the bullet struck had to be amputated.

The Americans complained this in the UN meeting and to ban the 5.45*39mm round,but the Soviets showed the middle finger to the Americans 😂😆..

But it's an intermediate bullet thus having its limitations, I would prefer the old M-43 old school round any given Sunday as it has great knockout power..

Even the Indian army realised this,but strictly believe we should have copied the RPD SAW with barrel change option &a belt version,and should have made our INSAS rifle by chambered 7.62*45mm Chzec round which was for the Chzec vz-52 a great round with more knockout power,thus activating a dead round to our own benefits...

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Appreciate your response but i was more curious about 5.56 vs 5.45. My knowledge is quite limited in ballistic science(that's why i am here to learn and discuss these things but mostly learn), imho @Lonewarrior is far more knowledgeable in this regard.
First of all, just a bit knowledgeable. Far more is way too much for me Bhai.

Well on paper there are many differences. 5.56 cartridge is heavy, muzzle energy is more, drop is slightly more than 5.45, recoil is higher....and it goes on.

But for a soldier, who just need to carry the ammunition, shoot it and kill or wound the enemy; the differences are way to small to judge them.

harpreet288

Country flag
INSAS LMG is not really malfunctioning. A magazine fed fixed barrel LMG has rated fire capacity of around 1000 rounds in 30 minutes. In the clip it seems 300 rounds are fired in 2.5 minutes ie 4 times the sustainable rate.

The soldier seems tense and is simply working the bolt in absense of bolt hold open device
Good observation

harpreet288

Country flag
Say whatever you want...INSAS had that Indian element innit

Talented but ruined by system

Quality control problem,but what I assume is our first time in house designed rifle..

But kudos to the ofb who kept on improving and not giving up..

Failure and exposure are our best friend as they provide us the opportunity to improve..

pipebomb

Country flag
Quality control problem,but what I assume is our first time in house designed rifle..

But kudos to the ofb who kept on improving and not giving up..

Failure and exposure are our best friend as they provide us the opportunity to improve..
But we didn't persevere, we regressed from our small arm initiative we take with insas.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles