INS Vishal (IAC- II) Aircraft Carrier - Flattop or Ski Jump

NutCracker

Country flag
Arey bhaisab you complain for the sake of complaining.
Cant leave such a large shipyard ideal and lose momentum of carrier building so this order is the most sensible. We would need some 5 years more to build Nuclear Carrier. So expect order not before 2027, at the time we will have a decent budget and all the experience. If Allah wishes we will also have TBDEF concept ready by than.
Idle nahi rakhna to kuch frigates-destroyers ke repeat orders de do. Carrier battle group is a whole 10B$+ investment. Why to make a handicapped one.
Unless they have plans with V-22 Osprey AWACS(If they exist), I see no sense in wasting 10B$.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Another 45k tonne STOBAR carrier :facepalm:
A flattop nuclear super carrier is now out of question for next 15 years.
View attachment 186549
India needs 50 submarines and not 6 aircraft carriers given current phase of navy.

Repeating the order for an improved 45k tonne STOBAR carrier adds up experience and provides adequate time to planners to design and plan a better thing for long term. By then, India will be in a position economically viable to build 75k-1 lakh tonnes nuclear supercarrier.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
The Indian Naval Chief Admiral R Hari Kumar said that India is gearing up for its third Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) after INS Vikrant and INS Vikramaditya on Friday.
"We are working for a third aircraft carrier which will be a repeat of the INS Vikrant. There is a lot of expertise that has been generated in terms of building an aircraft carrier. We are looking at having an IAC, a follow-on I would say, a repeat order being made. We are preparing a case for it," Admiral Kumar said.

johnj

Man better have wider lifts, few thousand tones of extra displacement would be welcome. Catapults are probably a reach right now.
Yes, they will, except catapults. IAC2 will be more advanced than IAC1, and its lifts fully support Rafales. US will fully support sale of steam catapults and EMALS, but this increases construction times.
Maybe IN consider Indian EMALS, for IAC3 onwards

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yes, they will, except catapults. IAC2 will be more advanced than IAC1, and its lifts fully support Rafales. US will fully support sale of steam catapults and EMALS, but this increases construction times.
Maybe IN consider Indian EMALS, for IAC3 onwards
He explicitly mentioned it will be a repeat order, all those things you mentioned would most likely be a part of IAC-III which will be built in the 2030s.

johnj

He explicitly mentioned it will be a repeat order, all those things you mentioned would most likely be a part of IAC-III which will be built in the 2030s.
I don't think IN is so dumb to use Russian help and equipment's in IAC2 plus to use same lifts, which need rafale to tilted upwards to carry them.
IN may consider US or French help and their equipments to build IAC2

omaebakabaka

Some of our sit in ex navy admirals that shill for western crap (on this forum) and arguing against the follow up probably never worked in any serious industry that has to do with engineering.....this is the way to go. Follow up gives us time to design the next gen and so on while not getting into anemic state. 3 to 5 billion is something we can afford very easily, they do bribes on the order of 10 times that amount. So let them close 10% of corruption to make up if necessary. Lifts and others are incremental changes and not sending a probe to venus scale....btw designs are computerized now a days and models and software adjust unlike old days, so incremental design changes will be made as it make sense from feedback and learnings of IAC 1.

Kittu Patel

Country flag
INS Vishal is a proposed aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, INS Vishal was still in the planning and conceptualization stage, and no construction had begun on the vessel. It is intended to be the second aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy, following the INS Vikrant (formerly known as the INS Vikrant). INS Vikrant is India's first indigenously built aircraft carrier and was commissioned in August 2023.

INS Vishal is expected to be a larger and more capable carrier than INS Vikrant, potentially featuring electromagnetic aircraft launch systems (EMALS) and other advanced technologies. The Indian Navy's pursuit of a second aircraft carrier like INS Vishal reflects its strategic objectives and the need for power projection in the Indian Ocean region.

Please note that developments in military projects can change over time, and I do not have access to real-time information. I recommend checking the latest news and official sources for updates on the status and specifications of INS Vishal beyond September 2021. Check more here - Indian Defence News

Blademaster

INS Vishal is a proposed aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, INS Vishal was still in the planning and conceptualization stage, and no construction had begun on the vessel. It is intended to be the second aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy, following the INS Vikrant (formerly known as the INS Vikrant). INS Vikrant is India's first indigenously built aircraft carrier and was commissioned in August 2023.

INS Vishal is expected to be a larger and more capable carrier than INS Vikrant, potentially featuring electromagnetic aircraft launch systems (EMALS) and other advanced technologies. The Indian Navy's pursuit of a second aircraft carrier like INS Vishal reflects its strategic objectives and the need for power projection in the Indian Ocean region.

Please note that developments in military projects can change over time, and I do not have access to real-time information. I recommend checking the latest news and official sources for updates on the status and specifications of INS Vishal beyond September 2021. Check more here - Indian Defence News
Please introduce yourself in the Member Introduction thread and tell us all about you. And welcome to this forum. And allow me to be the first one to give you a like.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
some articles says INS vikrant hv 64 VLS that will equipped by barak 8...some article says it hv only 32 VLS. can anyone knows which fact is true?? with 64 VLS it surpassed other any carrier in defense (although other countries CBG hv higher number of sam equipped destroyers). hope we include 150 km nd 250 km upcoming sams also.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
some articles says INS vikrant hv 64 VLS that will equipped by barak 8...some article says it hv only 32 VLS. can anyone knows which fact is true?? with 64 VLS it surpassed other any carrier in defense (although other countries CBG hv higher number of sam equipped destroyers). hope we include 150 km nd 250 km upcoming sams also.

16 cells on each side.

FactsPlease

Country flag

16 cells on each side.
And I thought it supposed to be VLSRSAM, not Barak 1 nor Barak 8.

Vikrant (and Vishal) needs SRSAM for CIWS. Long range AD should be taken care by P15A/B & NGD, or at least I thought so.

Chinmoy

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles