INS Vikrant Aircraft Carrier (IAC)

praneet.bajpaie

Indigenous my ass. Only thing that you indians can build are callcenters/ outsourcing shit. The carrier has french designs, modified further by an italian firm, american engines, russian and israeli eletronics+ russian sam+jets.
Lost your job, I see?

Fryberg? Would that be Jewish?

EXPERT

Indigenous my ass. Only thing that you indians can build are callcenters/ outsourcing shit. The carrier has french designs, modified further by an italian firm, american engines, russian and israeli eletronics+ russian sam+jets.
here comes a new one, first post and a troll.
wait buddy DFI has alot of dudes who keep hunting for members like you who troll . you could have explained your words in a decent manner. Trolling is not allowed, specially on a precious thread.
please wait for some time someone is coming to give you a good lesson.

anupamsurey

Country flag
can i take your words literally, was your ass made in India ?.

and if you support your hypothesis, then please provide proof for it (atleast quote some link), otherwise apologize and read this thread from 1 to last post.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Strongly recommend all new bees to read forum rules ..

We don`t encourage such low quality post here
& Your location is Puducherry ( INDIA ) not Boston ..

praneet.bajpaie

lol epic fail for the loser, Mr Boston Man. Since he is from Pondi, I am assuming he is Indian.

lol at his you Indians comment.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Some pondis still yearn for French rule it seems , well you still have the option to immigrate fry, I suggest you do that!

akshay m

Satellite images of ins vikrant taken by our own indian space research org. Show vikrant with a massive island that puts vikram's to shame.i would have posted pictures but for some reason website doesn't allow me to. They are already discussing the massive island in the world aircraft carrier thread of sino def forum.the island baffles them @Kunal Biswas@shaitan@pmaitra could one of you go to bhuvan 2d satellite map website and post the pic. Here, since i can't post pics here

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Satellite images of ins vikrant taken by our own indian space research org. Show vikrant with a massive island that puts vikram's to shame.i would have posted pictures but for some reason website doesn't allow me to. They are already discussing the massive island in the world aircraft carrier thread of sino def forum.the island baffles them @Kunal Biswas@shaitan@pmaitra could one of you go to bhuvan 2d satellite map website and post the pic. Here, since i can't post pics here

Satellite image believed to be of INS Vikrant at Cochin Shipyard, with apparently a massive island.

The image in Google Maps is old.

akshay m

,heres what jeff head ,member of U.S naval institute writes in sino defence forum
Well...I can post the images.

I saw them some time ago on another forum and they just did not look right to me somehow.

So, I decided to do a little analysis and put a to scale image of the Vikrant line art and the design of the island up against those images, oriented in the same way.

Here's what I came up with.

IMHO, something is not right about those images...even taking into account what would defintely be containers and out buildings on the deck. Perhaps they changed the design of the island...but I would doubt iyt. Space is at a premium and the designs to date looked good. That island looks too large, and offset too far away from the port side of the deck.

That last part could possibly be attributed to the angle of the satellite...but the overall length is not.

That's why I really want to see actual photos from someone at or near the yards. I do hope we can some actual photos.

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
Satellite image believed to be of INS Vikrant at Cochin Shipyard, with apparently a massive island.

The image in Google Maps is old.
There is no Vikrant in that dry dock/ Vikrant is not present in the dry dock.

Last edited:

akshay m

@ladder,how do you know that? other dry dock is empty,and there is no large ship near the yard ,even if they took her out of the yard ,they would.'t her far away from the docks,.

pmaitra

It was parked outside, when that transmission shaft had to be returned for not matching the specifications. That much I know, but it was afterwards taken back into the dry dock. Have they taken it out again? Where is it?

akshay m

@pmaitra,evwn if they have taken out the ship ,they wont take her far away from the yard,and we would have seen her on the map,if she was indeed taken out ,we would have seen pictures taken by passerby or media,i beleieve we are seening the vikrant in the dry docks.

betw,
it is the vikramaditya's first anniversary this sunday,the navy is holding a party i hear.

ladder

Country flag
@ladder,how do you know that? other dry dock is empty,and there is no large ship near the yard ,even if they took her out of the yard ,they would.'t her far away from the docks,.
It is very old image, probably of the time when Vikrant's keel even wasn't laid.

Check the angle Jetty just north of dry dock, compare it with wikimapia, g-earth and Bhuban. You would know.
@pmaitra.

ladder

Country flag
@akshay m

2012 google earth, no jetty.

2014 google earth jetty visible.

Bhuban no jetty visible.

=======================

In reality even you don't require all these. One hard look at the uploaded pic by pmaitra was enough.

Tell your friends in that forum not to strain their eyes on grainy photos.

akshay m

@ladder,well jeff's a a real authority on aircraft carriers(having worked for the US NAVY IN THE PAST),but in another forum,it was alleged that this was the carrier,so he just wanted clarification,sorry for disturbing you.
Well...I can post the images.

I saw them some time ago on another forum and they just did not look right to me somehow.

So, I decided to do a little analysis and put a to scale image of the Vikrant line art and the design of the island up against those images, oriented in the same way.

Here's what I came up with.

IMHO, something is not right about those images...even taking into account what would defintely be containers and out buildings on the deck.
The Indan navy will celebrate the first anniversary of the vikramaditya this Sunday, say 2 of my friends(who have been invited) not from forum,but whom i know personally, the navy invited the families of the pesonnel of the Carrier for the anniversary party. my friends qill try to get photos if allowed.if they do i will post them: anyway the navy will release photos i suppose,the party will be held on the vikram.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
@pmaitra,evwn if they have taken out the ship ,they wont take her far away from the yard,and we would have seen her on the map,if she was indeed taken out ,we would have seen pictures taken by passerby or media,i beleieve we are seening the vikrant in the dry docks.

The Bhuvan image seems to be from 2009-2010 period. I have placed both the hi-res GE image and lo-res Bhuvan image for reference.

The one you thought as the island of the Vikrant is actually a tug boat, one of many placed in the northern dry dock (yellow boxes).

At that time the lower hull of Vikrant was just getting built in the southern dry dock (red boxes).

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles