INS Vikrant Aircraft Carrier (IAC)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Defence Minister did say that the work on 2nd carrier was already started. Don’t know how much time will it take to hit sea trials outta Cochin shipyard.
Also about the carrier’s airborne fleet and auxiliary ships as part of Carrier Battle Groups, one R44 gets into service by 2030 I assume, demand for Fighters could well be within 120-140 range for 3 carriers while we have just 40 for one. And TEDBF won’t enter production before 2030 so what is Navy thinking to do?

karn

Country flag
Defence Minister did say that the work on 2nd carrier was already started. Don’t know how much time will it take to hit sea trials outta Cochin shipyard.
Better question .. When is the keel laying ceremony.
Also about the carrier’s airborne fleet and auxiliary ships as part of Carrier Battle Groups, one R44 gets into service by 2030 I assume, demand for Fighters could well be within 120-140 range for 3 carriers while we have just 40 for one. And TEDBF won’t enter production before 2030 so what is Navy thinking to do?
26 Ish Rafales/F18s to shore up the current fleet . And tedbf starts production as (so called) r44 starts basin trials.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
By work most probably he meant chai-samosa meetings by MoD, MoF Babus and Navy. The new large dry dock in Cochin Shipyard will be ready after construction by end of 2024

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
But the place where Vikrant was built is empty now they can use it if they have slightest sense of fast tracking
There were some reportings that the next ship will be Vikrat class but slightly larger with bigger lifts. No confirmation yet. But mak sense if investing around 4-5 billions usd for another platform

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There were some reportings that the next ship will be Vikrat class but slightly larger with bigger lifts. No confirmation yet. But mak sense if investing around 4-5 billions usd for another platform
I don't think any other major changes will take place as it will increase the timeline so no benefit of ordering 2nd Vikrant class
Yes few changes like lift size and internal here and there max to max few tonnes but nothing major

Blademaster

The ship Island in Vikramadithya way too placed inside the deck. Thus reduced the overall surface area for Aircraft. Compared to that INS Vikrant have better space management.
I always wonder about that. Why can't they move that island more to its right/starboard side?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles