INS Vikrant Aircraft Carrier (IAC)

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
This is a slightly weird thing to be discussing in this topic.
But I would suspect the truth lies somewhere in between - there was a lot of French tech and research involved, but also a great deal of research sharing between different NATO nations, and not just US to others but vice versa.

That I guess was why the Soviets lost out in the tech race, the US had four major tech partners - Germany, UK, France, Japan, the USSR had none.
USSR can rely on Czechoslovakian (Skoda), Ukrainian.... They were skilled in some areas.

silentlurker

Country flag
Managing to fit lifts 10 feet wider than what they are now, shouldn't have been that big a deal.
We as outside observers don't know exactly how expensive it would be to make the lifts that much wider. The lift would be heavier, take more deck space, need more powerful engines and so on.

Vikrant was already struggling for space being the same displacement as Vikramaditya and planning to hold more planes, designers would have been trying to save space anywhere they could.

Tumba

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why do you want they share the tech? The 50/50 agreement, already in duty, said that the all hot core was to be produce by GE and the cold part by SNECMA.
Sure SNECMA can reverse engeneer the US hot core, but it was useless because M53 was already studied, with crystal blades and so one.
You don't trust me? OK. But it is easy to verify the M53 R&D phase, as I wrote.
See I shared GE link from horses own mouth its written ... it was the first turbofan engine being produced in France...
And tech waa shared ... basically means under NATO umbrella french got Jet Engine Tech based on GE's own turbofan..

There was no need from US part to engage with french on turbofans it was basically french need to do so...

And why so enraged on the truth... doesnt matter how french got the tech main thing is French got the tech and creating own iterations based upon it although yes latest gen turbofans GE is pretty ahead ...

AZTEC

Country flag
This is a slightly weird thing to be discussing in this topic.
But I would suspect the truth lies somewhere in between - there was a lot of French tech and research involved, but also a great deal of research sharing between different NATO nations, and not just US to others but vice versa.

That I guess was why the Soviets lost out in the tech race, the US had four major tech partners - Germany, UK, France, Japan, the USSR had none.
Soviets fell behind the west technologically and industrially due to their flawed economic system which was not as conducive for innovation and productivity as the western system.
This is widely accepted.

Lift size is no more than 30 ft wide ( same as Kiev class)

Mig 29k folded wingspan - 26 ft
F-18E/F folded wingspan - 32 ft
Rafale fixed wingspan - 36 ft (no wing folding)

View attachment 72249View attachment 72250
@Bhurki Yes, you are right. My bad, I was mistaken.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
See I shared GE link from horses own mouth its written ... it was the first turbofan engine being produced in France...
And tech waa shared ... basically means under NATO umbrella french got Jet Engine Tech based on GE's own turbofan..

There was no need from US part to engage with french on turbofans it was basically french need to do so...

And why so enraged on the truth... doesnt matter how french got the tech main thing is French got the tech and creating own iterations based upon it although yes latest gen turbofans GE is pretty ahead ...
A turbofan and a jet engine are engines, but not the same kind. SNECMA was producing jet engine for 20 years then....
It remember me what the famous US admiral Rickover said about the french SLBM programm : "they will failed". And we did it.
Stop your so classical french bashing please my dear.

Tumba

Tihar Jail
Banned
A turbofan and a jet engine are engines, but not the same kind. SNECMA was producing jet engine for 20 years then....
It remember me what the famous US admiral Rickover said about the french SLBM programm : "they will failed". And we did it.
Turbofan is the one used in modern fighters ...
And core tech was shared with french these are the facts ...
I never bashed french just shattered ur lies that sm kind of french genius what did u say one or two do this magic work lol...

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
Turbofan is the one used in modern fighters ...
And core tech was shared with french these are the facts ...
I never bashed french just shattered ur lies that sm kind of french genius what did u say one or two do this magic work lol...
OK, I have had enough of this......both of u, take it somewhere else.........nobody here cares who the French fucked to get their turbofans.......
God, I should have been a mod......

abingdonboy

Country flag
Compare the difference between the alignment and length of the runways of INS Vikrant and INS Vikramaditya.

Both of the runways of Vikrant appear to be a little longer than the respective runways of Vikramaditya. This is a very good design choice because it allows the jets on Vikrant to carry more fuel and payload during take-off.
This was known for a while

because of the optimised island design of the IAC-1 both launch positions are longer than the long position on Vikky

abingdonboy

Country flag
'Ignorance' covers that.

Ignorance about future integration of different platforms being one of them.

Managing to fit lifts 10 feet wider than what they are now, shouldn't have been that big a deal.
The dirty little secret is that the Indian navy outsourced design of the aviation complex to the Russians who designed it around the MiG-29K

Unforgivable stupidity and myopic thinking that the navy will be paying for for many many years to come. They have effectively left themselves with no option but to order more of the fatally flawed 29K or wait for the TEDBF

There’s a reason why TEDBF was cleared

Bhurki

The dirty little secret is that the Indian navy outsourced design of the aviation complex to the Russians who designed it around the MiG-29K

Unforgivable stupidity and myopic thinking that the navy will be paying for for many many years to come. They have effectively left themselves with no option but to order more of the fatally flawed 29K or wait for the TEDBF

There’s a reason why TEDBF was cleared
Clearing it is fine. But TEDBF is still on the design board.
IOC may not happen till 15 years from now. Till then, its only mig 29.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Clearing it is fine. But TEDBF is still on the design board.
IOC may not happen till 15 years from now. Till then, its only mig 29.
Yes that’s what I said- 29K is the only option they have until the TEDBF is ready ( I think it will enter service around 2033)

the Rafale and even more so F18 talk is so boring, it’s just not ever going to happen

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Mig29k is just shit.I really don't want more dead navy pilots.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
A british idea...... Unused everywhere else.
The sole specificity of this average vessel.
Yeah even Porte Avion 2 with the similar two bridage was cancelled.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles