INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Hari Sud

Country flag
Sorry to be rude sir
But exactly do u know they are afraid to deep
How could u claim that
For being fearless u need confidence on your system, quantity of it and leadership behind
Which they have plenty
Coming to bravery both sides are filled with it
So what dominates here is logistics quantity and usability which they have full confidence
‘Ask an independent Chinese historian and he will tell you that.

Sachinananda

Guys what's happening here
Does anyone has status regarding it
Can we guess anything using Sat images
Will it come back to sea or not

Sachinananda

Don't worry. It will be back in business this year. From 2022 onwards, IN will see a substantial growth in it's capabilities.
Sometimes getting feeling to convert Vikramaditya into museum and earn money from it and push it into building 2nd AC
I know it's too too too childish but it seems the only option
Anyways apke muh pe ghee shakar

SKC

Country flag
Sometimes getting feeling to convert Vikramaditya into museum and earn money from it and push it into building 2nd AC
I know it's too too too childish but it seems the only option
Anyways apke muh pe ghee shakar
Let it be available for full till end of complete hull life.

You will never be able to recover money from converting it into Museum. It will rather burn more money in maintenance and support than it will earn as museum.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Guys what's happening here
Does anyone has status regarding it
Can we guess anything using Sat images
Will it come back to sea or not

Surely it will come back. In my opinion, IN is doing major refit so that they may operate the carrier for a long time without sending it back for maint.

Meanwhile IN is very impressed with VIkrant. They want the same ship as the third carrier. This is a great news. Frankly speaking, I was not much impressed with Vikrant and belived that It will be inferior to VIkramaditya. I am happy to be proved wrong. We have offer from US, Russia, UK and france for an assistance in designing and manufacturing of new aircraft carrier. It will be absolutely be a top class ship like our destroyers.

Blademaster

Surely it will come back. In my opinion, IN is doing major refit so that they may operate the carrier for a long time without sending it back for maint.

Meanwhile IN is very impressed with VIkrant. They want the same ship as the third carrier. This is a great news. Frankly speaking, I was not much impressed with Vikrant and belived that It will be inferior to VIkramaditya. I am happy to be proved wrong. We have offer from US, Russia, UK and france for an assistance in designing and manufacturing of new aircraft carrier. It will be absolutely be a top class ship like our destroyers.
Now we just need a fighter that is optimized for this carrier that can do STVOL or such and be mach capable of up to 1.6. Not speaking of the F-35B or C but something similar and without the compromises made.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Now we just need a fighter that is optimized for this carrier that can do STVOL or such and be mach capable of up to 1.6. Not speaking of the F-35B or C but something similar and without the compromises made.
Rafale M Should be the best contender till ORCA arrives.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Well, a carrier built in 70s vs a carrier built in 2000s, the era itself gave the engineering advantage to second one. So, there was no reason at first place.
Yes That is true but considering INS Vikrant to be our first carrier and minimal consultancy was used to design it, I was not much excited. I am happy to be proved wrong.

FactsPlease

Country flag
Well, the matter is: that "optimized" fighter got only one: F35B/C, and perhaps the only one in foreseeable future. (while I agree we should NOT go for it).
Thing is: once we go to CATOBAR for IAC-2, just like China is doing, I wonder any aircraft manufacturer, other than US and China (LM and SAC), would want to "optimize" any fighter for STVOL.
Our TEDBF/ORCA could be the only and best project in what we are talking here (if we do intend to put on STVOL). One more reason we are on our own.
Repeat what I said before: no matter what we do, better do it fast.

Super falcon

Country flag
F 18 would have been better choice due to its longer service for navy usage expertise and best EW

Super falcon

Country flag
But good for pak we will have to tackle similar platform from both indian navy and airforce

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Well I don't disagree with the part that MiG-29 along with other types of Russian planes in Indian armed forces inventory require more maintenance as compared to Indian/Western platforms which is a fact but I disagree with the part that they are useless.

In reality, MiG-29 is a very capable plane and is very capable to tackle your JF-17s/F-16s/Mirage-3/5/F-7PGs. No platform is useless.
You forgot to mention another Junk called J15. Useless junk which can not carry more than 2 tons from an another piece of Junk called lioning.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles