INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

vishnugupt

Country flag
Thank God, HAL or any other PSU is not involved remotely from MIG-29k otherwise automatically all blame would have gone to them. But don't worry, we always have other options like, We can blame Engine, Russia, Birds, Runway, Dust or even Gravity itself.

Despite of fact that half of their inventory went down during peacetime. Our IAF and Navy Miraculously always manage to scape from blames, Even when they forgot to close the hatch-door of a brand new Submarine while diving in sea.

Praying for missing Pilot.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Thank God, HAL or any other PSU is not involved remotely from MIG-29k otherwise automatically all blame would have gone to them. But don't worry, we always have other options like, We can blame Engine, Russia, Birds, Runway, Dust or even Gravity itself.

Despite of fact that half of their inventory went down during peacetime. Our IAF and Navy Miraculously always manage to scape from blames, Even when they forgot to close the hatch-door of a brand new Submarine while diving in sea.

Rusky crap are so non-userfriendly that 45% of crashes are from pilot error as per IAG's own report. Should be any different for Navy.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag

That submarine incident was pure BS and a hoax spread by The Hindu which spread like wildfire when National Interest reposted it.

silentlurker

Country flag
Google it, you'll find article on it... Created quite a headline back then!
Can't find a link to the pdf anymore.
"The committee, in its latest report submitted to Parliament, noted with concern that these mishaps were taking place in the backdrop of the IAF facing a crisis due to shortage of trainer aircraft"

Seems like naval pilots aren't getting enough training, not failing due to poor cockpit design.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
"The committee, in its latest report submitted to Parliament, noted with concern that these mishaps were taking place in the backdrop of the IAF facing a crisis due to shortage of trainer aircraft"

Seems like naval pilots aren't getting enough training, not failing due to poor cockpit design.
I refered to an IAF 2010 report in my post. And once a Sukhoi-30 crashed because the pilot elbowed the FBW off.

And naval pilots are certified to launch & land from moving carriers. It's nearly impossible that their jet fell off the sky due to "lack of training"... your quote mentions lack of trainer jet in IAF, IN pilots train seperately. 🙄
Mig-29 platform & engine has crippling reliability, maintainability issues coupled with lack of userfriendlinesss of Rusky platforms.

Last edited:

silentlurker

Country flag
your quote mentions lack of trainer jet in IAF, IN pilots train seperately
I refered to an IAF 2010 report in my post.
So does the IAF report have any relevance or not? This is why people should post their sources instead of saying "google it" and no one knowing what specific document you are speaking of.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
...no one knowing what specific document you are speaking of.
Sorry I don't have a pdf of decade a old report. But it made big headlines. You'll find its reference.
I'll even give you the keywords "45% IAF crashes human error".

It has relevance wrt reliability, maintainability & lack of userfrindliness in Russian platforms... But not wrt to IN's pilot training.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Sorry I don't have a pdf of decade a old report. But it made big headlines. You'll find its reference.
I'll even give you the keywords "45% IAF crashes human error".
So, you are blaming that Russian equipment are not smart enough to cover this "45% human error"?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
So, you are blaming that Russian equipment are not smart enough to cover this "45% human error"?
It's a factor apparently! Tejas being carefree-handling userfriendly & Mig-21 being absolute bitch to use, has always been pointed out as the reason for one crashing left right & centre but the other never doing so... beside the reliability factor itself.

silentlurker

Country flag
It's a factor apparently! Tejas being carefree-handling userfriendly & Mig-21 being absolute bitch to use, has always been pointed out as the reason for one crashing left right & centre but the other never doing so... beside the reliability factor itself.
Or Tejas is a brand new plane with less than 40 total and Mig-21 is a plane nearing lifecycle end with >300 all-time in service...

no smoking

Country flag
Is it a reality or your personal assumption?
The oldest Tejas in service is just 3-4 years years old while the latest Mig-21 IAF received was produced probably 20 years ago. How can you compare these 2?

garg_bharat

Country flag
I think we should accept that military aircraft have a higher rate of crashes.

What we need today is a lot of additional fighters. I do not think the government is moving fast on this.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles