INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Hari Sud

Country flag
So guys i have heard something from a source about the recent fire on INS vikramaditya.
It was mentioned earlier that a naval officer died during fire fighting. It has come to my knowledge that 5 seamen were trapped in the ER during the fire and all of them succumbed to their injuries.
The thing that i am disappointed is that none of this info was mentioned either by Navy or news sources , and if navy is somehow trying to hide the casualties , that is just straight disrespectful to the fallen.

Pakistani source! This has to be falsified information.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Well I guess it's just a speculation until the official word comes from navy then. Then all the sources are pretty much unconfirmed till the navy says so. Who's to say they aren't hiding it , especially since we have been seeing constant failures in the equipment of our defense forces.
Problem with Indian coverup is that, INDIA SIMPLY CAN'T COVER UP at this time if such an incident took place.

In this election season our media and political parties are so pumped up that any such news means a big dent in the image of current government who have used armed forces as lynchpin in campaign. So untill and unless you hear it officially or from any media house which would come up with interview of the bereaved relatives, you could throw the SOURCE out of the window for present.

Snowcat

Country flag
Pakistani source! This has to be falsified information.
No, actually an Indian navy personnel. And I am not saying that this info might not be wrong. It can be , but there is a chance that it might not be.
Before you slate me anymore, i am also pretty familiar with firefighting onboard ships , as I have done that myself(not on warships though).

wairoa

Country flag
Hey guys does anybody know where I can find an infographic telling what the names of the radars, and electronics are on the Vikramaditya?
For example what is the round thing on top of the ship with the radar above it called?

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Hey guys does anybody know where I can find an infographic telling what the names of the radars, and electronics are on the Vikramaditya?
For example what is the round thing on top of the ship with the radar above it called?
round thing is called mf star aesa radar...if you want info about naval ships...go through threads in navy section...u will find it....if u are searching for vikramaditya...we have seperate thread for that too....

shiphone

Country flag
the round thing is the russiuan‘Tacan navigation system’...in soviet union age, it has already got a nickname ‘cake stand’which was so well known....

BTW, you may try to find some 'infographic ' about the island of Kuznetsov-class/project11435 which is more popular and you might be able to get some useful info. the MR-650 is the 'big antenna' replacing the phased arrays.

Last edited:

wairoa

Country flag
round thing is called mf star aesa radar...if you want info about naval ships...go through threads in navy section...u will find it....if u are searching for vikramaditya...we have seperate thread for that too....
the round thing is the russiuan‘Tacan navigation system’...in soviet union age, it has already got a nickname ‘cake stand’which was so well known....

BTW, you may try to find some 'infographic ' about the island of Kuznetsov-class/project11435 which is more popular and you might be able to get some useful info. the MR-650 is the 'big antenna' replacing the phased arrays.

Thanks for the information guys. This site rocks best place for knowledge.

Khetere chalavik

Country flag
Wow, hats off to u sir. Pls dont boast of something which you dont know about it. That round thing is not MF star nor it is an AESA radar that's a Vodka tank installed by Russians to beat the cold weather of Russia.

mayankkrishna

Country flag
Wow, hats off to u sir. Pls dont boast of something which you dont know about it. That round thing is not MF star nor it is an AESA radar that's a Vodka tank installed by Russians to beat the cold weather of Russia.
If really true then its very Interesting!!!
So does this feature in all Russian Navy Ships??
And how does then Scandinavian navies make to do with cold weather of Arctic??

WolfPack86

Country flag
INS Vikramaditya Under Repair By Russian Sevmash Shipyard
Indian Navy’s Aircraft Carrier – INS Vikramaditya is being repaired by Sevmash Shipyard which is part of Russia’s United Shipbuilding Corporation. This was stated by Sevmash CEO Mikhail Budnichenko.

The aircraft carrier Vikramaditya is a heavy upgrade of the Russian heavy aircraft-carrying cruiser Admiral Gorshkov.

“At the request of Indian Navy, the Shipyard delivered the spare parts for INS Vikramaditya and is taking part in building the coastal infrastructure for repairing the aircraft carrier’s equipment,” Budnichenko said.

INS Vikramaditya is a modified Kiev-class aircraft carrier with a displacement of 45,000 tonnes and entered into service in 2013. The carrier was purchased by India on 20 January 2004 after years of negotiations at a final price of $2.35 billion.

INS Vikramaditya was commissioned on 16 November 2013 at a ceremony held at Severodvinsk, Russia and its air wing includes up to 20 MiG-29K/MiG-29KUB multirole fighter jets and up to 10 helicopters.
https://www.defencenews.in/article/INS-Vikramaditya-Under-Repair-By-Russian-Sevmash-Shipyard-808507

Jameson Emoni

I think India should have bought one of the old aircraft carriers from the US. It would have been far more economical deal.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I think India should have bought one of the old aircraft carriers from the US. It would have been far more economical deal.
I think India should have bought Alaska?
But we Never got the deal yeah. At the time when we pushed for this ins Vikramaditya I think only British and French and Russians were offering ( I cannot be 100% sure tho)
Americans never offered something and for sure we cannot know what deal they would have given as they never took any Initiative. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th.../2009/nov/16/royal-navy-aircraft-carrier-sale

And Americans are not into ship export building business much they have huge self requirements they are not interested to modify and sell ships to india because most of the European countries have their own shipyard.

Non the less india is fully capable now to produce it's own carrier. Hence no need for second hand junk.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
There were rumors that the USS Kitty Hawk was on offer to India if the deal for INS Vikramditya fell through.
The carrier was technically free of cost, we would only have to pay for F-18 Super Hornets.

lcafanboy

Country flag
There were rumors that the USS Kitty Hawk was on offer to India if the deal for INS Vikramditya fell through.
The carrier was technically free of cost, we would only have to pay for F-18 Super Hornets.
It never was. And uncle never lets anyone near its aircraft carriers, i mean the vital components not even closest of its allies. They don't and won't sell aircraft carriers and its technologies. Look at Charles de Gaul French carrier it has several problems with its nuclear reactor but uncle never provided any help. Look at British carriers queen elizabeth and Prince of Wales they're sub optimal and a banana of carriers.......:)

Indian Navy should never allow US provide any consultancy they will sabotage at best like they did with British carriers by showing banana fighters stovl f35....:)

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Well Pakistan's F-16s are not supposed to be used against India offensively... but they are and were used.
BS.
It was never claimed that PAF cannot use it's F-16 against india. It was never part of that deal.

In case of ins jalashwa it's written and stamped big DIFFERENCE.
Recently Americans also started training support to napaks again.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles