INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Hari Sud

Country flag
Re: Chinese thermal bricks disrupted INS Vikramaditya Sea Trials

India should have vetoed use of any Chinese equipment or material in any defence related equipment, let alone the aircraft carrier.

Chinese are masters of counterfeit. I have been chinese consumer goods for the last 14 years. These are packaged right and offered at a price much lower than goods assembled in US or Canada. But these last only two years. My dvd player. My washing machine, my, laptop etc have become disposable after two years. My car parts are also Chinese. No wonder i am paying trips for repair more often.

It is Chinese policy to copy OEM goods and offer themcheap.

There would be more trouble in the air raft carrier, if more Chinese parts have been used.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned

Do you Indian Bhais really buy into this story?

I am speechless.

India should have vetoed use of any Chinese equipment or material in any defence related equipment, let alone the aircraft carrier.

Chinese are masters of counterfeit. I have been chinese consumer goods for the last 14 years. These are packaged right and offered at a price much lower than goods assembled in US or Canada. But these last only two years. My dvd player. My washing machine, my, laptop etc have become disposable after two years. My car parts are also Chinese. No wonder i am paying trips for repair more often.

It is Chinese policy to copy OEM goods and offer themcheap.

There would be more trouble in the air raft carrier, if more Chinese parts have been used.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned

I bet it was the bears who placed the order from China and double, no, triple-charged our Indian friends for parts.

I love how the polar bear deftly diverted the attention away from themselves.

Kudos to them.

The never ending saga continues. :rofl:

charlyondfi

There are lot of stuff people all over the world use from China since they have turned into global manufacturing hub.....if bricks of only 3 boilers have failed it means the remaining 4-5 worked as expected.
... ...
Had they used Asbestos they wouldnt have faced this issue but asbestos are known to cause lung cancer with prolonged exposure so IN rightly though did not go for it but opted for bricks that are perhaps more safer for humans during prolonged exposure but then have its own set of issues to handle
I fully agree with Austin's last paragraph as IN people must bear their justification for giving up aesbestos. But there comes another interesting Q: how much confidence should we have on the remaining 4-5 boilers if they are using exactly the same bricks as the 3 failed ones?

Put the other way: if Russian analysis & accuse stands (Chinese bricks are the cause), then how do they explain those other 4-5 working? Further, is IN going to bet on Chinese bricks then? (for those 4-5)

-- All right, I admit I am the lazy guy: I didn't study any document or source. Hope some others working harder than me will find the real cause.

Last edited:

cir

what does all this tell you?

neither the Russians nor the Indians can make their own freaking bricks.

there will be more problems reported as people get to the bottom of this "junk". The Russians are hiding the full truth from the Indians who, after being screwed time and again by the same group of crooks, still don't learn the lesson: have your indigenous defence industry.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

It tells me Russia is trying to blame China for its own failures (thinking India will be stupid enough to fall for it) .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

No its tell us, you are here to troll..

World cannot make such cheap products as China does, that is the problem..

what does all this tell you?

neither the Russians nor the Indians can make their own freaking bricks..

arya

Country flag

It tells me Russia is trying to blame China for its own failures (thinking India will be stupid enough to fall for it) .
russia is doing which is best for them as we are going close to usa and other country russia is moving away .

a perfect game plan

as i told many time we will not get our AC until Chinese AC will be ready

arya

Country flag
dont you think we can go for USS Carl Vinson or USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72)

what wrong if we go for any one of them

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
In theory Nothing wrong..

But few conditions :

1. Will US allow foreign systems on board

2. Will US allow foreign fighters on board

3. Will US give tot tech regarding most equipment on board

4. Will US tie any kind of strings with it like INS Jalashwa case..

If few of these things are clear than its fine, if not..

Simple solution will be : India will pay and US will make a brand new CV as per Indian requirement in there docks..

If again they agree..

Patriot

Country flag

Yes we can, if want to become their puppy DOG & make them our GOD. & pay them for being so.

Zebra

Country flag
Yes we can, if want to become their puppy DOG & make them our GOD. & pay them for being so.
The situation right now is any different from what you just said in your post?

Kranthi

]
Most probably US will not sell a super carrier without any conditions.
Its highly unlikely that we can use it in war time without US permission,just like the Trenton.
We should just use it for show off or may be against china alone as US will readily permit for that :p

And besides that,as we can see Vikramaditya will probably be the last carrier we buy.All our future carriers will be home built. yipee......

Patriot

Country flag
The situation right now is any different from what you just said in your post?

It is just unofficial so far. Once we make request for CVN then even our navy's CNS will be appointed with Pentagon's consent.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

It was introduced in 1990 and increased missile speed to approximately Mach 6 for a maximum target engagement speed of up to Mach 8.5, increased the warhead size to 150 kg (330 lb) and increased the maximum engagement range yet again to 5–150 km (3–93 mi) as well as opening the altitude envelope to 10m-27 km (33–88500 ft)
can guide up to two missiles per target to up to six targets simultaneously. Targets flying at up to Mach 2.5 can be successfully engaged or around Mach 8.5 for later models. One missile can be launched every three seconds.
It is capable of detecting ballistic missile class targets up to 1,000 km (620 mi) away travelling at up to 10000 km/h (6200 mph) and cruise missile class targets up to 300 km (190 mi) away.

ya s-300 is required to engage aircraft.but as far as missile defense is considered,the major advantage of barak-8 systems is not the extended range to 70 kms, but actually the ability to engage multiple targets simultaneously.

ice berg

Havnt you noticed yet that ppl here are more interested to find a scapegoat then genuin reasons behind the incident?:confused:

Bheeshma

The S-300 is old and I would rather increase the booster size on Barak-8 on the lines of Barak-LR for IAF and increase the range to 100 km. It is still not the same as SM-3/6 but for anything PLAN or PN can throw it is ample. Not to mention the Brahmos-1/2 that IN ships will carry.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
We should not keep PLAN or PN in mind and work but latest countermeasures developed in the World..

International relation are very unstable and can change, Which can also enhance enemy capability..

---------------------------

Increasing range is not the solution but entirely new deigned Missiles, Also for such detection one need to place the radar much higher..

There can be modification which enable Barak-8 system to be as BMD for Ships, this is in theory but practically S-300 fort-m is the solution presently..

The S-300 is old and I would rather increase the booster size on Barak-8 on the lines of Barak-LR for IAF and increase the range to 100 km. It is still not the same as SM-3/6 but for anything PLAN or PN can throw it is ample. Not to mention the Brahmos-1/2 that IN ships will carry.

cir

Indians can now start blaming the Pols and the British。:rofl:

Articles