INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
Is this from the new testing after the boiler was changed? Is the RuN taking deliveries of Mig-29k?
Not till the ice melts in Barent's Sea....and that aint happening till May atleast.

pmaitra

Mate, we are conducting trials for a ship that must operate in the Indian ocean....and i think a watery sea will make it better...and how much ice are you planning to break?

. . .

I thought u wanted the ship soon.
I was talking about getting the ship out of Barents Sea into the warmer waters using an icebreaker, and then trials can be conducted.

Novice

This freezing happens every year. Nothing new. Question i have is when we knew that, why wasn't there a proactive measure to probably move it beforehand to a warmer part of sea? I think this helps another purpose of buying extra time to fix other issues and on a very cheap note, fix the Sistema telecom issue. Those were the last 2 cents i had for today, hope spent right :)

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
I think this might be the Dry/Wet dock @ Sevmash where INS Vikramaditya got rebuilt...

Look at all the subs scattered all over as if dime a dozen!

75,40 - Google Maps

Lubov

The whole story with this aircraft carrier is just stupidity.

Russian military have huge butthurt about everything that happened in the nineties and beginning of two thousandth. You can watch the movie "Lord of War" to get an idea of how aircraft carriers were sold for $20 million with whole weaponry onboard and fighters that came down the assembly line immediately went to the junk with financial support of USDS, once fighter cross the gate shop. It's called demilitarisation of defeated enemy, great work by our own "businessmens" with USDS support, yeah. I still wonder how "Adm. Kuznetsov" survived the massacre, 1 of 6 from project 1143.

BTW, I think "Vikramaditya" completly belong to India. No matters when and by who it was sold. This is issue of gentlemen agreement. But knowing our military i can say, that if for first time they just don't wanted to give it away, now this "renovate" is not more than dismantling of critical equipment and replacing it with a less sophisticated. Or maybe not, who knows.

Last edited:

t_co

The whole story with this aircraft carrier is just stupidity.

Russian military have huge butthurt about everything that happened in the nineties and beginning of two thousandth. You can watch the movie "Lord of War" to get an idea of how aircraft carriers were sold for $20 million with whole weaponry onboard and fighters that came down the assembly line immediately went to the junk with financial support of USDS, once fighter cross the gate shop. It's called demilitarisation of defeated enemy, great work by our own "businessmens" with USDS support, yeah. I still wonder how "Adm. Kuznetsov" survived the massacre, 1 of 6 from project 1143.

BTW, I think "Vikramaditya" completly belong to India. No matters when and by who it was sold. This is issue of gentlemen agreement. But knowing our military i can say, that if for first time they just don't wanted to give it away, now this "renovate" is not more than dismantling of critical equipment and replacing it with a less sophisticated. Or maybe not, who knows.
One of my professors co-designed parts of the Nunn-Lugar Disarmament Program that dismantled much of the USSR's military infrastructure. He was Polish, and his stated desire (as he shared with us over beers) was to "make it so that Russia could never hurt anyone in Eastern Europe again". Take of that what you will.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
One of my professors co-designed parts of the Nunn-Lugar Disarmament Program that dismantled much of the USSR's military infrastructure. He was Polish, and his stated desire (as he shared with us over beers) was to "make it so that Russia could never hurt anyone in Eastern Europe again". Take of that what you will.
Yep those Eastern Europeans were like that only and the Poles hated the Russians to the core. Still no one succeeded in taming the Bear.

The reason is the infra was too big to be dismantled and the Russians kept the research running even when they couldnt manufacture much.
@pmaitra

It is better for the ice to melt before trials are conducted as trials are conducted near the dock because in case of eventuality it can be towed back to the yard without much difficulty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lubov

"make it so that Russia could never hurt anyone in Eastern Europe again".
Oh, don't start. People always remember only those who wronged last. No one remembers and doesn't blame Poles that they conquered Moscow twice. Anyone hate the Germans for Nazi Germany today? No. It's just a matter of time, if you had this in mind.

What about disarmament. I don't have any regrets about it. Japanese after the war for a long time didn't have any weapons other than wooden sticks at all, under the terms of surrender. We got off light.

This is a serious offtopic, btw.

trackwhack

Well... He quite obviously failed.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
EW Functions

Vikramaditya had Ka 27 AEW heli's But the Speed is only at 250Kmph The Mig 29 Flies around 1.5mach speed So how it can get EW support from Kamov Helicopters and US Navy operates E2C ( 500KMPH) EA 6B (900KMPH) EA 18B around 1.5 mach even French also ..so they get EW support at different speed varies and also they had Jamming Pods like AN99 so the F18 can be assigned as a EW plane for Limited Support (Correction Needed)
So my point of view is Can MiG 29 can operate with Jamming Pods or we have other option of Jamming sources needed for Modifying the Mig to capable of Carry Jamming pods to provide EW support at the speed of Mach 1.5+

@p2prada[mention]Austin[/mention]

p2prada

EW Functions

Vikramaditya had Ka 27 AEW heli's But the Speed is only at 250Kmph The Mig 29 Flies around 1.5mach speed So how it can get EW support from Kamov Helicopters and US Navy operates E2C ( 500KMPH) EA 6B (900KMPH) EA 18B around 1.5 mach even French also ..so they get EW support at different speed varies and also they had Jamming Pods like AN99 so the F18 can be assigned as a EW plane for Limited Support (Correction Needed)
So my point of view is Can MiG 29 can operate with Jamming Pods or we have other option of Jamming sources needed for Modifying the Mig to capable of Carry Jamming pods to provide EW support at the speed of Mach 1.5+

@p2prada[mention]Austin[/mention]
Ka-27 was a flying radar and was an early warning system.

Mig-29Ks will have to engage the targets using their own radars.

We don't know anything about our airborne EW capability. So no point debating it.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Ka-27 was a flying radar and was an early warning system.

Mig-29Ks will have to engage the targets using their own radars.

We don't know anything about our airborne EW capability. So no point debating it.
Sir , ka 27 For ASW and Ka 31 for AEW purpose

So I thing our Navy's Air Arm has limited EW capability for fighting in Sea Skies and Mig 27k is fully assigned for destroying ship's and Helicopters ...If any Fighters Come from abroad with EW planes our Entire Defense in Sea become Questionable

Any Seniors Have some more info about Navy's EW capability

Last edited:

Crusader53

Helocopter based AEW are somewhat limited. Because of the size of the Radar and the Altitude which they can operate at. Yet, I see little options.:juggle:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Well, there's this idea... if someone is interested enough to spend the money.

Yeah Much more better speed Than Ka 31 ..and well is AN 99 Jamming Pod is fit on the MiG 29k ..In my view One or Two MiG can carry Two or three AN 99 pods in a Squadron for better Electronic Warfare Capability to make Air superiority in Ocean Skies

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Americans complain of the AN/ALQ99 jamming pod as having low reliability and penalizes speed. Better wait for their Next Gen Jammer which is AESA based. Aside from usual jamming the NGJ will also have these capabilities:

The NGJ will also have cyber attack capabilities where the AESA radar is used to insert tailored data streams into remote systems. The ITT-Boeing design for the NGJ includes six AESA arrays for all around coverage.