INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This pic is during her construction, Note the there are no marking on her deck

Just Me

I agree with kunal, as i have seen this pic before the sea trail. Secondly check the amount of work being carried out.. this is pre sea trials. Does any one have pics of her after she came bach?

p2prada

That image is from 21st Aug, 2011. That was more than a year ago.

Decklander

All ships of this class suffered from boiler problems and were withdrawn prematurely from service. This ship also has the same boilers. This ship will spend more time in refit and maintenance than at sea. We shud dump it like a hot potato.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Vikramaditya and Boiler issue, we have discussed this before, Vikramaditya dont use the same boilers but different design..

And its not an issue at all, Issue was with bricks and they are solved..

All ships of this class suffered from boiler problems and were withdrawn prematurely from service. This ship also has the same boilers. This ship will spend more time in refit and maintenance than at sea. We shud dump it like a hot potato.

p2prada

It will be better for us not to induct this carrier if ruskies are willing to pay us back and induct it in their own navy.
Give them an entirely refurbished carrier for a small delay with the boilers when we have already waited for so long. No chance.

Our indigenous carrier is expected after 2017. We are getting Gorky in a few months. It is worth the wait.

sasi

It will be better for us not to induct this carrier if ruskies are willing to pay us back and induct it in their own navy.
Too late that decision should be taken in 2008. Anyway it is not that bad,as made out to be.

sasi

Pks says-
~
Incidentally, a computer-generated video-clip taken during the aerospace expo in Zhuhai showed a swarm of WZ-600 'Blue Shark' UCAVs attacking en masse the INS Vikramaditya.
~
Are they bored abt using us and taiwan carrier ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pks says-
~
Incidentally, a computer-generated video-clip taken during the aerospace expo in Zhuhai showed a swarm of WZ-600 'Blue Shark' UCAVs attacking en masse the INS Vikramaditya.
~
with google search i found this image

looks like Chinese are now more into photoshop.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Pks says-
~
~
No Hindi Chini bhai bhai apparently. It is good that the true enemy be known and France will stand with India.

sasi

No Hindi Chini bhai bhai apparently. It is good that the true enemy be known and France will stand with India.
I am not sure abt that. If indo-china war happens tommorrow,i don't know what position will US,France,Germany and Russia will take ?
~
Will they support India or remain neutral ?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In peacetime they will sell weapons. During wartime ? There are possiblities,they may deny or delay some weapons.

Believe me they will sell you weapons (they will even ship it to you by night just to show you how important you are - mind you they pay more overhead when they ship at graveyard shifts). They want you to go to war so that their defense industries flourish...

sasi

Believe me they will sell you weapons (they will even ship it to you by night just to show you how important you are - mind you they pay more overhead when they ship at graveyard shifts). They want you to go to war so that their defense industries flourish...
Politics play important role, US may make deal with china to ward off its debt. Possibly some scs settlement also.
~
Russia may make a deal with china to sell petro-and petro-gas as its terms for certain years.
~~
Arms deal or money will not with compete those !

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The US sell weapons to India during a Hindi-Chini war? Not a chance that would happen. You are talking about a country that wanted India to lose to China under Nixon and placed sanctions on a democracy. GoI is being quite careful not to allocate strategic weapon systems to the US and avoiding being reliant on CISMOA for communications. They trust France as we have a proven track record of backing India during any crisis and win some of the biggest strategic deals.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles