INS Chakra/Akula II

bhramos

Country flag
Navies have evolved. Is the Nerpa a ballistic missile submarine? Obviously, the missiles do not come with the Nerpa. I do not think, India can fit ballistic missiles on the leased submarine. So, in any conflict, it will act in anti-ship activities. The Americans have high tech submarine vessels. The submarines themselves have not evolved a lot. The weapon systems and the power plants have evolved. After the Second World War, the German designs were adopted by both the Soviet Union, and the United States. I wonder, can the submarine change in shape? Ships, have not changed much too. India is very good in carring forward ideas, thought out by others. I think India makes the biggest stealth warships in the world. No nation except India builds stealth Destroyers.
Akula-II was never designed for firing SLBM, so no chance of them on it, may be we can test all systems which can be fired by Torpedo tubes......

H.A.

the life in a sub is so claustrophobic.....

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
the life in a sub is so claustrophobic.....
One of my friends joined the Navy and he took to being a Submariner. After seeing that Times Now foodies documentary in a Submarine and how claustrophobic it is in there, i cant imagine how he would be working there. Hats of to him, i seriously cant live there without takeing bath months on end for the rest of my adult life.

bhramos

Country flag

Both are older vids, Nepra after mordanisation equipped with all digital electronics instead of older analogical systems..

This pic was older too..
those videos are uploaded by me, one them Akula-I and other 2, but were from 90's......
and thanks for new pics......

bhramos

Country flag
Pakistan Navy: Ready To Face Challenges

"The persistence of unresolved regional conflicts makes nuclear weapons a powerful lure in many parts of the world—to intimidate neighbours and to serve as a deterrent to great powers who might otherwise intervene in a regional conflict." Henry Kissinger

Whenever any country acquires some ambitious role, be its own or playing proxy to some bigger power like the USA; it changes the dynamics of the region. Till the late 70s, India solely focused on Pakistan but thereafter it was prompted up by the USA to counter China. Whatever India acquires under this pretext would be free to use against Pakistan. To meet the threats, Pakistan is acquiring what it needs for an effective deterrence.

After the collapse of Soviet Union, it was an opportunity for India that it acquired INS Vikramaditya that is expected sometimes this year. Indian navy that has INS Viraat is decommissioning it after the induction of the first domestically built Vikrant class aircraft carrier.
Besides acquisition of the aircraft carriers, Indian navy has also acquired nuclear powered submarines; the first of Akula II Class has already been handed over to the Indian Navy to augment its fleet of 14 diesel electric powered submarines (4 Shishumar and 10 Sindhugosh class submarines) and a dozen midgets known as chariots.
Indian navy as mentioned by Commander M Azam Khan in his article S-2 Options For Pakistan launched INS Arihant SSBN, ATV based on Kilo class Russian submarines. An indigenous effort that is currently undergoing trials is said to be facing some problems with its reactor.
Nuclear submarines have glaring advantages over conventional diesel electric powered that are as follows:
A nuclear submarine is a strategic weapon that gives a navy the unique strategic advantage over its adversary to attain strategic goals.
The nuclear subs are truly independent AND CAN OPERATE UNDERWATER FOR MONTHS UNLIKE CONVENTIONAL SUBMARINES THAT HAVE LIMITED ENDURANCE BELOW SURFACE.
The nuclear reactor allows it to operate at high speeds for SUSTAINED PERIODS
Akula class nuclear submarine is officially deemed Project 971 Shuka B designed as follow-up to Victor and Sierra classes to set a new standard in stealth operations and serve as the vanguard of the modern Russian Navy. Some analysts opine that Akula is superior to American Los Angeles class (that was US Navy's hallmark) but not being disclosed by the Russians.
Like the shark, this Russian machine is a deadly killer that needs very little reaction time. According to the available information, it attains underwater speed of 35 knots or more and can sit at 500 meters below water.
Its weapons configuration is formidable that it can singularly take on multiple targets without being located. It carries a mix of nuclear and conventional weapons. But her weaponry is only meant for sea warfare and not hitting the land targets. If modified, it can also launch nuclear attack on land based targets.

Agosta 90-B PNS Saad
Pakistan that has a total compliment of 7 submarines comprising of Agosta 70s and 90s, would not only be outnumbered but also put on the back foot. In conventional weaponry, French and Germans are leading builders of submarines; by opting for French Agostas, Pakistan had maintained her parity over others in the region that is now threatened with the induction of Akula II nuclear submarines.
A diesel-electrical submarine has to surface to periscope depth to recharge the batteries using the diesel engine, leading to increased risk of detection. The MESMA air-independent propulsion system, being fitted to the Agosta 90B submarines for Pakistan, allows the submarine to remain submerged three times longer.
Just some shit from PN

Pakistan Navy: Ready To Face Challenges | Veterans Today

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
PN is least concenred as the are, Just trying to get attention as usual..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles