INS Arihant, India's N-powered submarine, to be operational soon

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
So much confusion :confused1:

Do we have 1, 2, 3, or 5 N subs? these numbers beyond 1 don't make any sense.

If we have more then one n sub as claimed by many then how come gov keep a secret like this? wouldn't media (international too) would be screaming from top of their lungs.
2 SSBNs are on permanent petrol, meaning one SSBN at any given time is present in Arabian sea. Another two with more firepower coming soon near Malaka.

+ we have one Russian SSN.

So total 3 N subs. (If you only care about numbers)

Advaidhya Tiwari

When people talk about nuclear threat, as least you should understand what your enemy's nuclear doctrine. Pakistan's nuclear doctrine is deterrence not war fighting. Their nuclear force is targeting India's big cities and conventional force, but not India nuclear force. For them, K14 or K4 is no different to Agni as they don't have resource and capability to look for & strike them.
So, there is nothing changed in India-Pakistan nuclear balance.
Yes, you are spot on here. Pakistan can't afford to target Indian militrary intallations one-by-one as tehy lack the resource and technology to be so precise in targeting. the nuclear balance is heavily tilted in Indian favour

No matter how you describe their strategy, their strategy does work very well and it will work in foreseeable future.
Their strategy is not working. They really are incapable of doing anything more than dropping a few nukes on Indian cities. When a country goes to war, it will expect some casualty anyway. So, a casualty of few million due to pakistani nukes will be accounted for but considered peanuts compared to billion+ population. But the destruction on Pakistan and its allies will be complete and irreversible.

Well a source of that would go a long way.
So much confusion :confused1:

Do we have 1, 2, 3, or 5 N subs? these numbers beyond 1 don't make any sense.

If we have more then one n sub as claimed by many then how come gov keep a secret like this? wouldn't media (international too) would be screaming from top of their lungs.
India has 1 SSN and 2 SSBN. Any other number is just pure AFWAH.
India has 1 SSN and 2 SSBN as published. But there were already statement that India is having 2 more submarines under construction. Considering Arighat was launched in2017, it is obvious taht at least 1 more submarines must have been launched by now, after 2 years. The project appears to have gone full secret. I find this very strange as enemies can anyways monitor it using satellites, movements of parts and also the fact that thousands of people are working on it and at least a fw may leak the information at least by mistake

Chinmoy

Country flag
I once heard there was a "indian" SSN hull structure being fabricated. While being transferred to another place it was allegedly noticed.

Wonder at the credibility of the info.

You heard anything relating to something like this ?
There is some credibility about the news. Now this news got leaked around in 2011 I think (please correct me if I am wrong).
The news holds credibility because its associated with Arihant. Arihant's original design was of SSN but thanks to Chiddu, later on it got changed to SSBN.
Now as far as numbers is concerned, be assured that India can't keep the numbers a secret and we would not even want to keep it a secret. Keeping this info a secret would eventually undermine the whole logic and the ball game. We would keep the deployment status a secret, but there is no reason in keeping the overall numbers a secret.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles