Initiating a new Sports section

Rage

DFI TEAM
I would like to put forth before the board the proposal to create a new child forum within the General Section for Sports - with a special focus on Sports in India.

There is, at present, merely one thread in the General Section entitled "SPORTS and CRICKET section" for all sporting developments in the country, and the title says it all: the thread is dominated by cricket-related discussion (as it inevitably does so) to the neglect and sometimes exclusion of other, equally important developments. I think this board has a unique opportunity, I would argue even responsibility, to highlight some of the lesser known or looked-at sports in India in which we equally excel. For instance, the Commonwealth Games which Delhi will play host to next year is a momentous event in our sporting history that perhaps deserves a greater focus. In addition, sports like hockey, soccer, badminton, tennis, judo, white-water rafting, boxing/pugilism, kabbadhi, Formula-1 ......even now women's rugby and Mixed Martial Arts! : sports wherein India has either traditionally excelled or has made significant strides and launched major initiatives in the recent past, deserve to be highlighted, if not exfoliatedly discussed. A single thread is a tad inadequate for the now not-so-scant sporting glories and accomplishments we have achieved -both in the distant and more so in the recent past -and particularly with sports destined to take off in India in the future like never before, a new child board would, I think, be expedient.

p2prada

Unless Gill-danda is allowed in the Olympics, India will ..................

Pintu

I absolutely agree with Rage and support his initiative , as well as seconding his proposal. There are many sports in India other than cricket even some sports are much older than cricket including some traditional sport which needs to more attention.

Regards

A.V.

good idea the management will seriously consider the proposal and try to implement it. sometime soon

A.V.

a new sport sub-forum and a science sub-forum will be introduced shortly
together with mild fORUM STRUCTURE adjustments

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
still waiting for toolbar icon:suicide_fool-edit::suicide_fool-edit:

hit&run

Mod
i think this is not the thread to post my complaint, anyhow, if you bookmark any website with IE 8 or firefox explorer you can have a icon tab on your toolbar. most of the web sites have bookmark icon like bharat rakshak having tricolor icon etc etc. DFI has no icon till date its just page like icon.
regards

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
i think this not the thread to post my complaint, anyhow, if you bookmark any website with IE 8 or firefox explorer you can have a icon tab on your toolbar. most of the web sites have bookmark icon like bharat rakshak having tricolor icon etc etc. DFI has no icon till date its just page like icon.
regards
Ok... Cool... I think I understood... like Wikipedia has a "W" icon that shows up???

hit&run

Mod
Ok... Cool... I think I understood... like Wikipedia has a "W" icon that shows up???
Right sir,
Regarding sports section! its a very good initiative, i am dying to discuss Indian preparations for common wealth games.:113:

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Yes Commonwealth games are quintessential to stamping our arrival on the world stage, but from all I see in the media it seems like the Delhi Government has been sitting on its bum and not doing much, I mean, I heard that the stadium and other infrastructure is behind schedule...

Also, our security has to be impeccable during those weeks because our neighbourhood is possibly the most unsupportive and unfriendly...

johnee

^^^compare that with the way dragon went about preparing for Olympics specatacle. Credit where it is due: Chicoms did a great job with olympics(and winning the most medals was icing on the cake for them).

A.V.

new sports section already in place under general discussions

new threads can be created there

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles