Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Haldilal,

What will the Mumbai government do about the smell? I got reports from a friend saying that the smell has not gone away. As soon as he lands in the airport, he gets whammed with the smell.

What are the causes of the smell and what are the proposed solutions to fix the smell?
What smell ?
Iam living here for last 7 years now
Never smelled a thing .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Haldilal,

What will the Mumbai government do about the smell? I got reports from a friend saying that the smell has not gone away. As soon as he lands in the airport, he gets whammed with the smell.

What are the causes of the smell and what are the proposed solutions to fix the smell?
Well another friend confirmed it. So maybe you got used to it.
Why haven't the Mumbikars done anything about it?
Ya'll Nibbiars The Mumbai's stench, the mix of salty humid air with its distinct metallic, owing to its large coastline, is almost a constant across the year. Its many suburbs and neighbourhoods have their own characteristic smells, too. It's natural and non problematic. Every city has it's unique smell and even yours.

Blademaster

Ya'll Nibbiars The Mumbai's stench, the mix of salty humid air with its distinct metallic, owing to its large coastline, is almost a constant across the year. Its many suburbs and neighbourhoods have their own characteristic smells, too. It's natural and non problematic. Every city has it's unique smell and even yours.
Every place has its own smell but in the case of Mumbai, it is very pungent. It is the first thing you notice right off the bat as even as you approach Mumbai.

Haldilal

Country flag
Every place has its own smell but in the case of Mumbai, it is very pungent. It is the first thing you notice right off the bat as even as you approach Mumbai.
Ya'll Nibbiars unless you smell it first hand can't take accounts of unknown persons seriously. I and @Love Charger or anyone lived in Mumbai has not complained about this on this forum and have not come across anyone who has come across this complaint online or in real life. So it will be futile to discuss further on sources which are not known to us.

Blademaster

Ya'll Nibbiars unless you smell it first hand can't take accounts of unknown persons seriously. I and @Love Charger or anyone lived in Mumbai has not complained about this on this forum. So it will be futile to discuss further on sources which are not known to us.
I was told by someone else the smell is due to the stream of sewage running through the middle of Mumbai and that unless Mumbai massively improve its drainage system and fundamentally change the way the system operates, the smell will stay. But once improved, the smell will go away. Is there any truth to this conjecture?

Haldilal

Country flag
I was told by someone else the smell is due to the stream of sewage running through the middle of Mumbai and that unless Mumbai massively improve its drainage system and fundamentally change the way the system operates, the smell will stay. But once improved, the smell will go away. Is there any truth to this conjecture?
Ya'll Nibbiars then either your friend complaint about a local problem or there was a error in the discussion as no such problems is knew to us or publicly posted anywhere.

NutCracker

Country flag
Its same everywhere , Locals wont notice it.. same with Chennai. 6 years back I arrived via train and stench was unbearable. Maybe open sewers or even in south locals use tracks for 💩. First week I roamed around in city and I could smell palm and coconut oil usage , 1 year later I could not smell that specific thing. Meanwhile I returned home for 2 week vacation and when returned again to Chennai ,same Palm-coconut oil smell was in the air.

Delta Squad

Country flag

Angel of War

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles