Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Blademaster

Budget and maintenance LOL?

When I was a kid, several such things were set up in districts around Chandigarh. Couldn't even maintain for 2 years and all that years sucks like streets and public infra of old Delhi today.
That is also important too. Municipalities need to do better usage fee taxes & property tax collections to pay for these things.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
A Fully Integrated Renewable Energy Ecosystem
Watch: The Dhirubhai Ambani Green Energy Giga Complex being developed over 5,000 acres at Jamnagar
1673583171276.png
1673583324880.png
1673583371235.png
1673583452058.png

Even building a mini-monorail like the one in Mumbai, most probably SkyTran which they acquired last year.

Blademaster

I really wish all such projects in hills should use maximum via ducts and minimum blasting and tunnels. I know its cost prohibitive. But shall lessen burden on hills.
Well when India is a richer country and Kashmir finally pulls up her pants and carries her own weight and start supporting such infrastructure projects, we can go for these kind of things. Otherwise, we do with what we have and can afford.

AnantS

Country flag
Well when India is a richer country and Kashmir finally pulls up her pants and carries her own weight and start supporting such infrastructure projects, we can go for these kind of things. Otherwise, we do with what we have and can afford.
Bhai Kashmir is getting all that. Its poor H Jammu, HP, UK and NE left out of such wonders. As I said India rewards those who are obstinate.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Bhai Kashmir is getting all that. Its poor H Jammu, HP, UK and NE left out of such wonders. As I said India rewards those who are obstinate.
That project is literally USBRL (Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramullah Rail Link), connects Baramullah to rest of India. Going to Jammu from Chandigarh is much easier than it is to Much of Kashmir. Jammu has proximity to rest of our country, Kashmir does not.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The the fabulous Samruddhi mahamarg between Shirdi Aurangabad, Ajantha interchange. All lanes close to shirdi is open.

FmQgbgqakAIgnVD.jpeg
FmQgbhQaEAAjKaL.jpeg
FmQgbhPaMAA_hOV.jpeg
FmQgbhQakAMPmlj.jpeg
FmQgq4vaUAgHbY7.jpeg
FmQgq7NaUAEWCn7.jpeg

FmauZtLaAAIdw6e.jpeg
FmauZtTaEAEzAcD.jpeg
FmauZtTagAQceJZ.jpeg
FmauZtTagAEz9jF.jpeg

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Aurangabad-Ajanta highway. The road is now 90 percent done.The only bad section is now near Sillod which should be done in a month.The ghat near Aurangabad wil take some time.

FmWPQuMaUAIjGLM.jpeg
FmWPx2TaEAIyKsA.jpeg
FmWPQuaaMAAwcvJ.jpeg
FmWPx2TaEAIyKsA (1).jpeg
FmWPo-_aAAA_kzX.jpeg
FmWPpFPakAExRl0.jpeg

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The the fabulous Samruddhi mahamarg between Shirdi Aurangabad, Ajantha interchange. All lanes close to shirdi is open nw,fuelled up at one of fuel stn,did 71 kms in 45 mins.Very few traffic,mostly trucks.

View attachment 189915View attachment 189916View attachment 189917View attachment 189918View attachment 189919View attachment 189920

View attachment 189928View attachment 189929View attachment 189930View attachment 189931
was there vibration in the vehicle because of the cement road?

AnantS

Country flag

That project is literally USBRL (Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramullah Rail Link), connects Baramullah to rest of India. Going to Jammu from Chandigarh is much easier than it is to Much of Kashmir. Jammu has proximity to rest of our country, Kashmir does not.
No doubt about. I am just mentioning the kind of infra push Kashmir has seen, wish other hilly regions also see. Just check number rail projects and tunnel projects are going on IN Kashmir and compare it with Jammu, Hp or UK or even NE. HP, UK and NE too desperately need much more investment. But I think Govt has kashmir as first priority. Well people of other (than kashmir)region can wait more - question is will chinese wait?

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
That is also important too. Municipalities need to do better usage fee taxes & property tax collections to pay for these things.
Municipalities are brutally underfunded for building the kind of cities we are expecting. They barely had even a budget before 2000s. And whatever comes, a significant portion of it is eaten up in corruption AFAIK.
A richer India will not magically solve it.
Only pushing Indian industries and settling more population is a solution to Kashmir.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles