Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Butter Chicken

Country flag
An 8-lane mega tunnel to be built in Delhi soon; will link three highways

An eight-lane tunnel will soon be built in the national capital, connecting three major national highways in the city. With an estimated cost of around Rs 2000 crore, the construction of the mega tunnel will start in May 2023. With around 14 metre width, this will be one of the widest tunnels in the country and the first eight-lane underground pass.

The five-kilometre tunnel in South West Delhi will connect the national highways - Dwarka Expressway, Delhi-Jaipur and Nelson Mandela Highway. Once it becomes operational, more than three lakh vehicles will be able to use this tunnel daily. It is expected to decongest several highly-packed roads including the Delhi-Gurugram border highway.

Blademaster

An 8-lane mega tunnel to be built in Delhi soon; will link three highways

An eight-lane tunnel will soon be built in the national capital, connecting three major national highways in the city. With an estimated cost of around Rs 2000 crore, the construction of the mega tunnel will start in May 2023. With around 14 metre width, this will be one of the widest tunnels in the country and the first eight-lane underground pass.

The five-kilometre tunnel in South West Delhi will connect the national highways - Dwarka Expressway, Delhi-Jaipur and Nelson Mandela Highway. Once it becomes operational, more than three lakh vehicles will be able to use this tunnel daily. It is expected to decongest several highly-packed roads including the Delhi-Gurugram border highway.

All major roads in Delhi needs to go underground. We need walking spaces back and cleaner air back.

Blademaster

I assume you are still connected to the grid. Try running solely on solar.

heavy mining, huge land requirements and the panels at best, would last for 20 years. expensive recycling process or they end up in landfills.
Yes but I pay virtually nothing except when i run the pool heater during winter. Saves me money in the long run.

NutCracker

Country flag
I assume you are still connected to the grid. Try running solely on solar.

heavy mining, huge land requirements and the panels at best, would last for 20 years. expensive recycling process or they end up in landfills.
Nope.. 20 years expiry date doesn't mean the solar panels capacity wanes down to zero. It will still be operable at 70-80%

thebakofbakchod

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Always wear helmet while walking on the road, it protects from police and accidents.
@ezsasa

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

karn

Country flag
Centre likely to approve NCRTC's ₹25,000 crore Delhi-Gurugram-SNB RRTS project soon
It was always in the original plan that Delhi RRTS will go in 4 different directions... It's a bit disappointing that Haryana directions is only getting "approval" now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles