Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Prime Minister will inaugurate Donyi Polo Airport, Itanagar and dedicate 600 MW Kameng Hydro Power Station to the Nation.

This entry gate structure made with bamboo

View attachment 182664
More soulful than anything concrete.
This is what I mean when I say Integrate the culture in your work.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Not true for Indian contractors. Just look at our NHs and expressways. Even the newly constructed ones like DMEX or Mumbai-Nagpur have terrible design flaws (in the finished packages).
I am not following the project can you point out the mistakes, I too have heard they made some fuckups.
Maybe no one reprimands them for their fuck ups so they keep making the same mistake. There needs to be a feedback mechanism for things to truly work.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
sometimes i think why should open grass landscapes even be part of Indian infra projects. grass landscapes are not native to India, there are only a few spots in the country that too in foothills of Himalayas where such natural landscapes exist. might as well go for mini forests, which will reduce water evaporation and absorb some heat in the locality.

Alamarathan

Country flag
think why should open grass landscapes even be part of Indian infra projects.
Apart from the reasons you mentioned, we need to use enormous amount of agua to keep the buggers alive,also we need man power to trim them.

I would suggest planting native trees along with rain water harvesting setups to be more l functional.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
yes, the green grass landscaping.
He meant the decorative grass patches infront of the buildings not the naturallly grown bushes.
I mean these kind of grass do grow naturally here maybe we perceive it as rare because most land of ours is used for agriculture and people do not see any purpose in keeping open grass spaces.
I have seen plenty of open grass space even in places like Bihar but that is when people aren't using it for irrigation.

Alamarathan

Country flag
plenty of open grass space
What you are referring is natural grass(native to india) which is typically dark green. Our cattles love to graze them as they are plentiful in rural areas.which is naturally occurring.

The grass we mentioned here are called ornamental/decorative grass which is typically grown in nurseries and plant them in patches. (Some varieties are seeded on the spot)
These grasses are bit more vibrant in color and looks upscale,so hotels,college campuses, mnc's offices use these to spruce up the empty space.

And these are expensive to buy and maintain.

dfcool

Country flag
Why are we building AIIMS in every corner of the country. How are they going to make sure it will have same quality of education as AIIMS delhi.

take an example, most politicians will never go to any AIIMS except delhi.

why dont they just increase seats. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
What you are referring is natural grass(native to india) which is typically dark green. Our cattles love to graze them as they are plentiful in rural areas.which is naturally occurring.

The grass we mentioned here are called ornamental/decorative grass which is typically grown in nurseries and plant them in patches. (Some varieties are seeded on the spot)
These grasses are bit more vibrant in color and looks upscale,so hotels,college campuses, mnc's offices use these to spruce up the empty space.

And these are expensive to buy and maintain.
These kind of grass are not natural to any country right?

Jambudweepa

Country flag
Why are we building AIIMS in every corner of the country. How are they going to make sure it will have same quality of education as AIIMS delhi.

take an example, most politicians will never go to any AIIMS except delhi.

why dont they just increase seats. 🤷‍♂️
Because we have a big population . More IITs , IIMs , AIIMs were necessary .
And its nt just for some politicians . There are common people who need tertiary care at pocket friendly price .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles