Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I think @thebakofbakchod would commit sepuku if he had to live in my city.
>Dug up road that were never repaired that double up as speed breakers so we have no overspeeding.
>Open Drains which are covered with garbage thanks to participation of good Samaritans.
>Open man holes so that people won't walk in the middle of road.
>Garbage littered in Open space which double up as modern art.

shade

Country flag
The main point people are ready to live with all shit without even questioning their elected reps. Even today in my locality there are streets which laid during 2000 and now completely washed off. The street has nearly 100+ families and none of them are asking why they are taking this much long to relay a simple road.

This is from a Proper Corporation in Tamil nadu. Imagine the condition in much smaller town.
Here things have progressively gone to shit, it's less MODI BAD and more on the local Municipal corp, they switched our area from NMMC to PMC and there has been a steady decline, roads get crates during the rains every year and they don't seem to bother, we have random water cuts and power cuts( this is on MSEB tho ) and an air pollution problem from harami chemical factories releasing effluents during the night and during evening also, there are a couple of parks with small pools/ponds that are filled with plastic water bottles and the parks themselves don't seem to be maintained.

Mudi can't micromanage the way your average Municipality behaves, atleast not for every town or city.

MUDI through swach bharath abhiyan mainly aimed to stop pajeets from defecating in the open.
However Mudi baba does place public loos everywhere, never stepped inside one tho, they look pretty good from the outside.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
SO thats the project Reliance was filing TORs for at Environmental Clearance portal a few months back:
Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 9.32.22 PM.png

Model Economic Township Limited (MET City), a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries, is developing a greenfield smart city near Gurugram, Haryana, on over 8,000 acres of land in the district of Jhajjar.
Looks like they increased the size of the project from 1197 acres to 8000 acres, and the project already is commenced and initial phase operationalised.
1667923604690.png
1667923656432.png

1667923766182.png

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

shade

Country flag
SO thats the project Reliance was filing TORs for at Environmental Clearance portal a few months back:
View attachment 180978

Looks like they increased the size of the project from 1197 acres to 8000 acres, and the project already is commenced and initial phase operationalised.
View attachment 180981View attachment 180984
View attachment 180985
Is this like Palava for residential and consoomption purposes or like AP's Sricity that is geared mainly towards manufacturing etc?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Is this like Palava for residential and consoomption purposes or like AP's Sricity that is geared mainly towards manufacturing etc?
This is an industrial/manufacturing equivalent of Palava with some space only for residential areas for employees there. It indeed is like Andhra Pradesh's Sri City.

GigaChadBharatiya

Country flag
This is an industrial/manufacturing equivalent of Palava with some space only for residential areas for employees there. It indeed is like Andhra Pradesh's Sri City.
Any idea why Sri city has left that huge forest in the middle of it? It doesnt even look like a proper forest, just some kind of plantation. Could have opened up more land area with ready infra

Dr_Deep

Country flag

Lmao. As I said before, the world will be in for a huge surprise at how much of a bigger shithole than they conceived most Indian cities are, as more and more districts and city have street view access. So far, other than Kangladesh, I have yet to see cities this filthy on street view. Cambodia is quite rough, but generally cleaner than our cities (but their bad roads/slums are just as bad) and the images are from a decade back. Who knows the state now.

Indonesia is quite interesting. Inner gullys can be quite poor and filthy but generally in most towns, the main roads pretty good

View attachment 180912
View attachment 180913

Kenya looks like a very typical Indian city. Non existent rubbish collection and chaos and broken roads everywhere. Same for Nigeria and Ghana.

View attachment 180914

Other than kanglus who somehow look even worse, other African tier countries generally look the same as most of our towns and cities. India's urban infrastructure deficit is easily in the trillions and this government has done absolutely nothing to fix it. Modi has given up on his swachh bharat jumla. Most cities and towns here in Karnataka somehow look filthier than a decade back, even though people have grown a lot richer
Kanpur is not exactly known for its cleanliness..apart from the Cantt area or the IIT area most of the city is dump..Atleast it was when I used to live in India (2008). But every nation has bad parts if you want to explore. In my current place, New Jersey, USA ...the roads are full of potholes..Lastyear..I got flat tire twice due to hitting potholes..and it was during winter time (the worst time to get stuck. Imagine waiting for tow truck to arrive while you shivring in Cold -ve temp ) and I am talking about driving in a decent area. Try driving through some inner city areas of Philadelphia or Camden,NJ..the roads are like ..gaddho mein sadak hai ya sadak mein gaddhe..
I have seen the street views of places like Nigeria ...even in their Capital area where Diplomats etc live they have broken roads and mud tracks..Our New Delhi is much more organized and clean that way.
I think once the road network of the country improves under Bharatmala project and basic infrastructure (Bijli, pani, internet , mobile network, LPG etc) reaches distant villages ..all these juggi jhopri that happen due rural to urban migration in the cities will stop and folks will drive to their work in the cities from neighbouring villages..That and along with better waste management by city municipal services ...punishing trash offenders ( throwing kuda/kachra in non designated areas..) by using video survillence will bring better discipline among the folks..

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Surface based 24x7 water supply project, Amritsar, Punjab. The Phase I includes construction of the water treatment plant and distribution lines. The Totap Cost 721 crore rupees.

FhGVkrJVUAEzXS3.jpeg
FhGVkrGUYAEEtia.jpeg
FhGVkrcUYAEVmAM.jpeg
FhGVkrHUoAAul85.jpeg

Dr_Deep

Country flag

New NH in telangana. I think NHAI's 4+ lane highway length will cross 50000km soon. It was less than 24000km in 2014.

View attachment 180965

Meanwhile no words are enough to describe this 25th century road design. And gadkari talks about road standards better than America 5 times a week :laugh:
Are they even gonna construct a trumpet interchange or something ? I think this one will form the highway connecting Hyderabad to Vizag bypassing Vijaywada through Khamman and Rajamundy etc..Will make travel faster for traffic to and from Bangalore/Hyderabad towards Vizag/Odisha etc

Global Defence

New threads

Articles