Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Enthusiast 007

Country flag
Yes.
and inconvenience during one and two days a years due to holiday rush, which has always happened ever since public transport has been introduced is not an abberation but rather a rule which happens annually.

It's not a new cultural revolutions that is required, this is what societies aspire to reach. but usually they reach this mental space as a society after they become prosperous. in our case we reached that stage because of the dharmic underpinnings of Indian society even during our growth/transformation phase. pick any major economy during growth phase, their societies would fare very low on public trust. what i am saying will sound odd, but wait a few years, more people will talk about this.

we consciously need to avoid being a nation of karens.
Come on man what are you even saying, this type of images tarnish the name of India. I'm sure that if we show such things to anyone and say "see this is our culture of mutual trust" they would not just look down upon us but also assume us to be some kind of savages.
The government can try a million different thing to improve our country's image but Indians have taken the mission upon themselves to completely sabotage all those efforts.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Come on man what are you even saying, this type of images tarnish the name of India. I'm sure that if we show such things to anyone and say "see this is our culture of mutual trust" they would not just look down upon us but also assume us to be some kind of savages.
The government can try a million different thing to improve our country's image but Indians have taken the mission upon themselves to completely sabotage all those efforts.
are we still talking about haldi's posts on railway compartments pre-deepawali or something else?

Enthusiast 007

Country flag
are we still talking about haldi's posts on railway compartments pre-deepawali or something else?
Yes we are. But I'm more interested in your justification that images shows we have reach a point what other societies aspire to reach

Tiwariji

Country flag
They did increase capacity , but seems like there are just too many of migrant workers wanting to go home during festivals . Next time capacity can be increased , with a eye on routes which demand more attention . And there cld be arrengements in reserved compartments so that extra crowd does nt enter during such special days .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yes we are. But I'm more interested in your justification that images shows we have reach a point what other societies aspire to reach
sure.

allow me to set the premise, so that there is no confusion.

- No country in the world can build enough transportation for holiday rush.
- there are enough horror stories from U.S, europe during christmas and new year every year, at their mass transit stations.
- china has come the closest to build this infra for their annual lunar new year rush. but even they struggle.
- In India holiday rush has always been there, on important festivals. this is inspite of special trains.

there is a limit to how much infra can be built, no matter how much is built, on these few days every year it will fall short. i am saying this is where society and culture makes a difference, give a helping hand and accommodate if there is no personal loss involved. it's not that it is something new, our previous generations already did this, i am saying let's not loose sight of our own past.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The CIDCO invited bids for construction of bridges over Gadhi River in Navi Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra. And This bridge direct connects to The upcoming Navi Mumbai International Airport. The Project cost 216 crores.

Enthusiast 007

Country flag
sure.

- there are enough horror stories from U.S, europe during christmas and new year every year, at their mass transit stations.
- china has come the closest to build this infra for their annual lunar new year rush. but even they struggle.
- In India holiday rush has always been there, on important festivals. this is inspite of special trains.

there is a limit to how much infra can be built, no matter how much is built, on these few days every year it will fall short. i am saying this is where society and culture makes a difference, give a helping hand and accommodate if there is no personal loss involved. it's not that it is something new, our previous generations already did this, i am saying let's not loose sight of our own past.
Okk I agree upon this part, fair enough.
But in AC coaches? That too when people inside it are having problem? It's like forcing those travellers to just deal with it.
And the way those government handles were passing the blame to one another was just next level.

Blademaster

Okk I agree upon this part, fair enough.
But in AC coaches? That too when people inside it are having problem? It's like forcing those travellers to just deal with it.
And the way those government handles were passing the blame to one another was just next level.
And why should those people who paid these high prices be punished when those who didn't pay anything for it get away scotfree. Either those people who paid get their refunds or they get to enjoy what they pay for.

Even in the US during the rush, the law is quite clear. Passengers who paid for their fares get to enjoy the full benefits of their fare.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Travelled through whole Belgaon toady. And I can say the Smart City Belgaon was only a Jumla. And nothing else. Broken foot path, electricity shortages, degraded parks, broken signals, Broken Concerte Roads allover the city. And only the KLE area is well maintained, the rest is given up to disarray. And hardly any Industrial Invetsments expect few on the Gokak side recently but still many time less compared to the Hubli. And can simply say the Karnataka Government don't care about us. The city has not grown significantly and still remain a 15 KMs city like in the 2011. And no development along the highway like always. And at this scale even the satara will take over with the planned Mega Industrial development fir the Mumbai Bengaluru corridors. And all the intended Invetsments will go to the Hubli, just like they done with the airports.

Last edited:

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Travelled throgh whole Belgaon toady. And I can say the Smart City Belgaon was only a Jumla. And nothing else. Broken foot path, electricity shortages, degraded parks, broken signals, And only the KLE area is well maintained, the rest is given up to disarray. And hardly any Industrial Invetsments expect few on the Gokak side recently but still many time less compared to the Hubli. And can simply say the Karnataka Government don't care about us.

i wish one day some new pm would purge corrupt dudes and put sane people for contracts

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
sure.

case in point, in a different context.

vishnugupt

Country flag
case in point, in a different context.
This is what I want to tell People of India who curse system for even miniscule discomfort. Every human made infrastructure got overwhelmed at some point of time/condition.

You know, such problems are everywhere and no matter how good is infrastructure is but still get overwhelmed sometimes.

Believe me, real problem is people who do not care about fellow companion. Such people only know complaining.

Such overcrowd is not normal in railway, it's just momentarily.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Gen Z who cry/complaints about everything exist on earth except themselves.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles