Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The The now famous Bharatmala highway from Tanot to Longewala,RJ.I guess it has now become a tourist attraction for every driving enthusiast.

Fde5aZmagAAzsBI.jpeg

Blademaster

Don't agree with glass panels. They are a bitch to clean and maintain. They crack easily. Stone or concrete is better because it can be easily repaired with patches and paint. With glass, you have to replace the whole panel and it can be expensive to replace a heavy duty glass panel.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Ignore the video title, there is no new policy discussed here. But its a compilation of change in rules related to urban planning and its implementation since last few years:-

Out of these there is only one law that somewhat addresses the redevelopment problem and that alone is not sufficient. So proper implementation of these might give us new cities or expanded areas of current cities as being better planned, but what to do about existing city infra......remains to be seen.

Tiwariji

Country flag
Is this actually good reading comments that plastic will go into the air as nano particles and harm us ?
Micro plastic is now every where from soil , water to food to our body as well as body of animals . We are just pretending it's not there . If you take plastic to landfill it ll pollute ground water , if you throw it on water it ll pollute there , if you incinerate it then air ll be polluted. Plastic binds strongly with bituminous, so we can expect leaching ll be low . I dnt know much in this subject .

karn

Country flag
I cannot emphasis enough how much the people participation part is important.
In Indore the municipality folks 1st convinced people to segregate their waste and hand it over to the correct collection people.
Here in Bangalore there is a good amount garbage collection .. but the wet/dry segregation is a mess.
One day a collection vehicle will come and refuse to take not segregated waste .. on the 2nd day some other vehicle will come and take your segregated waste and in front of you dump them both together.
In Indore efforts were taken to win peoples trust that the effort that they make to segregate is useful. If not they will not make the effort.
Bangalore is a big city and the situation is different in different areas.
Area A
I remember when this door to door collection 1st started (after there was a crisis where villagers blocked entry to the landfill and garbage kept piling up across the city ). The municipality cleared a lot of garbage piles and beautified them. Garbage dumping after was prevented by the people themselves ..(saw some intense abuses being hurled at violators), these areas are clean to this day.
Area B
Garbage collectors do not go to all houses .. Collection is irregular. Garbage pile gets cleared occasionally with bulldozer and trees are planted. Yet the garbage pile reappears everyday.

Indore model indeed should be observed by all municipalities .. Cooperation between govt and people is essential. And Indore actually makes money from garbage as pvt companies will happily process segregated waste.

Blademaster

I am sorry if i ask too much, can we ever compete with US in defence, think about worst situation when US wants to attack India, is we able to defend ourselves ? down the line in next 30-40 years this might situation arrive. Are we thinking in this line also ?
Only to prevent that is to get ICBMs in sufficient quantity and have a robust ABM system with global satellite survelliance 24/7 standby and a tracking & targeting system in the IOR where we can guide our long range version of the Brahmos. And we will need a way to overcome their stealth bombers and fighters by coming up with a radar that can detect their presence despite their stealth nature.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles