Infrastructure and Energy Sector

SKC

Country flag
You got Florida and New York numbering over 20 million each. You also got Texas numbering over 25 million. 36% of the US population lives on the East coast.

80% of US population lives on the east side of US. See here:
Ya, I know!
That's what only I was trying to tell here, just mixed the sides in post.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Unpopular opinion .. CSMT looks like a POS.. they should "redevelop" that as well.
I agree. It looks way too Victorian for my taste. It should be razed down and rebuilt anew according to classical Indian style.
I agree with you. It should be demolished as it is a symbol of slavery left behind by our oppressors.
Who will pay for that you guys ?
Ya'll Nibbiars made by Indians under the supervision of a Indian and with the Indian taxes. this kind of Ignoramce opinions happens when you dont knew your own history. The Sitaram Khanderao and Madherao Janardhan are the behind this historic monuments. And read some history before passing some comments. and by this logic India Gate also need to be demolished right?.

Last edited:

karn

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars made by Indians under the supervision of a Indian. this kind of Ignoramce opinions happens whne you dont knew your own history. The Sitaram Khanderao and Madherao Janardhan are the behind this historic monuments.
I don't care who made it or designed it .. still looks like a POS.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I don't care who made it or designed it .. still looks like a POS.
Ya"ll Nibbiars and no one care about your Opinions in the IR.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars made by Indians under the supervision of a Indian and with the Indian taxes. this kind of Ignoramce opinions happens when you dont knew your own history. The Sitaram Khanderao and Madherao Janardhan are the behind this historic monuments. And read some history before passing some comments. and by this logic India Gate also need to be demolished right?.
I disagree with your opinion.

Just because it was built by Indians doesn't take away its colonial past. Indians who paid tax for it and made it had no other choice. Its not a monument of Indian achivement but an icon of Indian obedience.

India Gate, Taj Mahal, all of those monuments built by invaders should be demolished. Not a single stone laid by occupiers should stay standing within our country.

These type of buildings effect people psychologically. It fuels people's inferiority complex and represents invaders as benevolent rulers. This destruction requires a society that is confident in itself to know they have capability to build better than occupiers.

Muslims whenever they conquered a land the first thing they always did was destroy all native architecture and build Islamic monuments on top of it. British too applied similar tactics but in more subtle way.

When America gained independence they completely rejected British laws and British governing systems. They built their own constitution and laws from scratch. They refused to be part of commonwealth. This is what is called a proud and confident society. Indians on the other hand feel proud to keep archaic colonial British laws and parliamentary democracy. We take pride in obeying a system that was forced upon our ancestors against their will. We still seek our former master's validation for any change in our supposedly free system.

Its a shame that our people still see those monuments of slavery as something that needs to preserve for future generations so they can grow up and see how his/her great great great grandfather was forced to build this building by his masters.

Freedom isn't a physical thing but rather a mindset. Saying British built something so lets just keep it otherwise we sill look silly is not a free mindset.

Last edited:

BabaKhalbali

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles