Infrastructure and Energy Sector

SKC

Country flag
Just based on my stints overseas in different parts of the world....US has gone through its phase of significant destruction of flora and fauna till post ww2 when epa and few other agencies were setup to restrain it. It still does see destruction but they do it very sneakily. As for greenery, they do have rules around leaving open soil in most urban areas and its covered with grass but lawns are stupid idea and not sustainable with immense water usage in most countries in the world and even US going forward. Anyway, they are not our yardstick as they maintain their life style at the expense of rest of the world. Destruction in a dense country like India will have massive consequences and they are here already.

Last thing, it does not matter what other countries do, we need to plant more trees in Urban areas and go for native ones especially shrubs. Most forests are gone, one time my ancestral village and district was thick forest and now most of it is a small pocket. Rural is seeing even more destruction as traditional houses are replaced with concrete and hideous out of place structures and not to mention cutting forests.
US and Canada has always been very sensitive about Nature reserves and control on destruction of flora and fauna.
US has area double the size of India in Nature parks and reserves with minimal population in them.

80% of US population lives on western coast side and only 20% in rest of the country.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The BMC floats 2,100 crore rup33s tender for Mithi River rejuvination and promenade development in Mumbai. It will also include :

1 . 26 floodgate.

2 . Lots of sewage treatment work.

3 . Beautification with a 8.5km promenade.

FdkmHhZaUAEYtM4.png

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Along with vertical construction need to be walkable neighbourhoods, where most necessities such as stores and clinics are within walking distance. That requires mixed neighborhoods as standard, which Japan does well. Also a huge emphasis on public transport, mainly metros. The US gets it completely wrong with its suburb, business district, shopping district plans which require cars for getting even a toothpaste.
adding stores to the building itself might be good

This is one of poorest province in China. See how they have prevented slumification by making high density 30+ floor buildings. Although there are huge public open spaces, this looks quite dystopian (like the Cyberpunk 2077 game).

Maybe countries with high population density need this kind of solution. What do you guys think?
tons of dharavi,yada yada slums,we could relocate them to noida and all and make cheap high risers(when i mean cheap i mean small rooms enough for a comfortable living not mumbai gangnam condos),something like commie blocks for cheap but effective construction, then after some time we could ask the dwellers for maintenance tax once they become worker of ,constructions yada yada maybe based on percentages,give that money then to cleaners and contracters or so,kinda ambitious ngl and probably too optimistic

Last edited:

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag

tons of dharavi,yada yada slums,we could relocate them to noida and all and make cheap high risers(when i mean cheap i mean small rooms enough for a comfortable living not mumbai gangnam condos),something like commie blocks for cheap but effective construction, then after some time we could ask the dwellers for maintenance tax once they become worker of ,constructions yada yada maybe based on percentages,give that money then to cleaners and contracters or so,kinda ambitious ngl and probably too optimistic
Bhai nodia kyu Mumbai me hi rakho. Also many middle income guys live in those slums in Mumbai due to high price of houses

NotASussyBoi

Country flag

instead of noida think of a new district my shitty ass forgot to think about geography

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Jalgaon Railway Station:

1 . New Railway Line in Progress.

2 . Spacious ROB.

3 . New Lifts have been Installed.

4 . Escalators have also been installed.

FdZNJEjVEAASDWY.jpeg
FdZNM5lVQAAOYtU.jpeg
FdZNOyHVUAAT0nE.jpeg
FdZNRShUUAAnIIC.jpeg

SKC

Country flag

BossDK dubara aisi baat ki to NIA ko complaint kar dunga teri!

Apne slums apne yahan rakho!

Tere liye Garud Puran se special saja ka pravdhan karata hun

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The MSRDC Applied for forest clearance for Multi Corridor project from Naghar to Chirner by Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation in the Mumbai.

FdhmlzMX0AEYsoF.jpeg

Blademaster

US and Canada has always been very sensitive about Nature reserves and control on destruction of flora and fauna.
US has area double the size of India in Nature parks and reserves with minimal population in them.

80% of US population lives on western coast side and only 20% in rest of the country.
uhhhh.... No??? You got the other way around. You got 60% of the population living on the eastern seaboard of the US to the eastern side of Mississippi and the rest is spread around Midwest and California with the wester seaboard taking up about 30% and 10% goes around Midwest.

SKC

Country flag
uhhhh.... No??? You got the other way around. You got 60% of the population living on the eastern seaboard of the US to the eastern side of Mississippi and the rest is spread around Midwest and California with the wester seaboard taking up about 30% and 10% goes around Midwest.
Which side NY lies?
Ya I think I interchanged the sides. Western Side only California is the state with highest population rest all is much sparsely populated

Blademaster

Which side NY lies?
Ya I think I interchanged the sides. Western Side only California is the state with highest population rest all is much sparsely populated
You got Florida and New York numbering over 20 million each. You also got Texas numbering over 25 million. 36% of the US population lives on the East coast.

80% of US population lives on the east side of US. See here:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles