Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

The Pune Nashik high speed railway project gains momentum.

The With the Maharashtra government putting forth the proposal as top priority and one for regular supervision, the Pune-Nashik high-speed railway project has gained momentum, and land acquisition and various other activities are being carried out simultaneously for the same. Importantly, the project is seen to connect the northern and southern states, and help transport agricultural and industrial produce from Maharashtra to the rest of the country.

The And Land acquisition has already been completed in four out of the 12 villages in Haveli taluka. In other areas too, land valuation and measurement has been completed. Chief minister Eknath Shinde and deputy chief minister Devendra Fadnavis have put both the Pune-Nashik high-speed railway project and Pune ring road project under a task force that will continuously monitor their progress. And As the central and state government are looking at this project to provide connectivity between the northern and southern states, it is getting priority everywhere. Land acquisition has gained momentum and we are hoping it will prove to be the fastest railway project in terms of execution.

The project is connecting the north and the south. As it is broad gauge, other trains too can run on this route. The Pune-Nashik belt has a lot of industries at Chakan and Sinnar. These areas also grow vegetables including onions, and fruits. We are making provisions at various stations to enable transportation of agricultural and industrial produce to various parts of the country. The project is being executed by the Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation. They have even started an office in Pune to lend momentum to the project.

The Major highlights of the railway stations on this route.

The 20 Number of railway stations planned on this route.

Chakan - Agri and Private industrial commodities terminal Talegaon, Chakan, Shikrapur MIDC can use this.

Rajgurunagar - Connected to special Economic Zone and commuters transport

Manchar - Agri commodities terminal

Narayangaon - Agri terminal, Tomato, onion, potato and vegetable produce areas.

Sangamner - Milk and vegetable produce area

Sinnar - The Five Star MIDC

Last edited:

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Interesting read. This article sort of validates my observation regarding Indian pedestrian infrastructure.

Here are my old posts from another thread on this issue.

I agree with you, most Indian cities look terrible.

I pondered on this topic a lot and came with below conclusion.

I think the biggest contributor to this is dirt patches on sides and leftover construction materials from finished buildings. This dirt spreads on the road and on buildings, Making everything look dirty and old.

Second problem in Indian cities is too many advertisement boards. These colorful boards gives chaotic look to the city.

In my observation any posh part of a City usually have paved footpath and concretised or proper landscaped empty space and have less number of advertisement boards. This makes those areas clean and orderly.

Another problem is unwillingness of gov to enforce basic civic rules. Things such as Illigal encroachment of street vendors and Illigal parking of vehicles makes roads narrower plus it forces pedestrians to walk on actual roads made for vehicle traffic.

Unchecked stray dog population combined with improper garbage disposal is also adding to ugliness to the cities.

Above mentioned problems are not that difficult to resolve. Unfortunately most municipal gov aren't taking this seriously.

2/n

As I have mentioned in my above post my observations regarding Indian city planning. I want to back my claim with a small example.

My first example, a typical Indian street.

View attachment 164954

My observations
  • The biggest eyesore in this image is dirt and rocks visible on street. It makes street look extemly dirty.
  • The second eyesore is those ugly advertisement boards hanging almost everywhere. It is making it look chaotic. Because of those ugly boards the buildings look in disharmony.
  • The steet vendors and illigal parking of vehicles are making it look congested and narrow. Almost claustrophobic.
  • I also want to make a point here that these street vendors also contribute towards street garbage because they don't have any waste disposal bins and they cause extreme outdoor crowding as people stand in front of it to buy items.

This is a street in Japan

View attachment 164955

A few observed points
  • As you can see in the picture, The buildings aren't that fancy. the overhead hanging wires are also there just like in Indian street picture.
  • They have covered every inch of dirt, therefore the road looks extremely clean and lack of dust making everything cleaner.
  • There are no vehicles wrongly parked nor any street vendor encroaching public land. Thus making this street look wider than it actually is and it prevents outdoor crowding.
  • Lastly there are no ugly signboards. Therefore no visual distraction. Everything looks calm and harmonious.

So if municipal bodies focus on just covering dirt, regulate signboards and implement penalty on those who encroach public land. Indian cities too can transform into something more modern and first world.

Akula

Country flag
But the
Interesting read. This article sort of validates my observation regarding Indian pedestrian infrastructure.

Here are my old posts from another thread on this issue.
But the same footpath is occupied by street vendors when build properly.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
But the

But the same footpath is occupied by street vendors when build properly.
That is why I mentioned below point in my observation.

So if municipal bodies focus on just covering dirt, regulate signboards and implement penalty on those who encroach public land. Indian cities too can transform into something more modern and first world.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Lobby checking in
They constructed this line rather fast no?
I remember tangible development began in 2020 and it's seem like by early 2024 it will be ready for election time propaganda.
So safe to say we can make 300 km line in 4 years anywhere granted that land acquisition is done.

karn

Country flag
They constructed this line rather fast no?
I remember tangible development began in 2020 and it's seem like by early 2024 it will be ready for election time propaganda.
So safe to say we can make 300 km line in 4 years anywhere granted that land acquisition is done.
Until they finish the bridges over narmada and tapi of which only pillar wells have been completed. There won't be any sevice started .
Only piers have been built . The viaducts will also take time. They have committed 2026 for service start

notaname

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
You give Indian public good infra and they will shit on it knowingly and will break the whole thing, and here we handful of us thinking why there is no good looking infra in our country because our public is like a toddler who don't know what the hell they are doing.
Ya'll Nibbiars The south Indians have better civic sense. The North ones are still some what lagging in this. The western and Eastern are between them. But whole as a Indias is still much backwards compared to even some Africa countries where the Civic sense is much better.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The this is Mumbai Goa highway. This dangerous spot is at Kasarde titha, talere. Is anybody waiting to happen accident?.

FcNJU00agAE_UDi.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles