Infrastructure and Energy Sector

thebakofbakchod

This is good stuff. Probably the only good thing kejrudin has done. Every city in the country needs to aggressively build proper government hospitals. A well designed 1000+ bed hospital designed by international architects will cost around 2000 crores. These are all examples from various chinese cities. Unlike AIIMS, they dont take up that much space, so they can be built on a <10 acre plot inside the city.

>The ready-made blocks of concrete are precast in factories and then brought to the construction site, where they are assembled to give a final shape. They not only save a lot of time, but are also structurally strong. Similarly, all steel building structures are manufactured in factories and only assembled at the construction site.

This needs to be drilled into the heads of babooze. Always build at scale. For a $2000 capita country like us, overcapacity is always better than undercapacity, especially in healthcare. I think we have a 1-2 milllion hospital bed deficit currently

Concard

Country flag
Forgiven but you shouldn't think that way. I am happy that we got the Train 18. But we still got ways to go. Remember Japan came out with this type of train back in 1959. We are 63 years later and we still haven't got a bullet train fully built yet and China has the hugest and fastest train system in the world and their ride quality is very good. We cannot rest on our laurels until we beat them.

Yes I am happy but at the same time, I have this realization how far we are behind China and Japan.
Connecting every route with bullet train will turn into a white elephant. Japan which is a leader in HSR doesn't have a bullet train connecting every route. While Chinese have built HSR to every nook and corner whether they have the passenger carrying capacity or not all for boosting GDP. India should first make all state capitals world class and slowly connect them with HSR. Some cities which are along the way between 2 state capitals can also be connected in this way to increase passenger carrying capacity. This will give a boost to Tier 2 cities and economic activities can be spread out and even hinterlands can enjoy the fruits of economic growth.

In all this don't forget the power consumption of HSR. When you are building HSR you got to build power plants which can support HSR 24/7. They consume lot of electricity. A train going at 320km/h consumes more electricity than the one which goes at 250km/h. So we better optimally use our resources and only use HSR where there is lot of demand. Power consumption is one of the reasons Maglev will not replace HSR.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Connecting every route with bullet train will turn into a white elephant. Japan which is a leader in HSR doesn't have a bullet train connecting every route. While Chinese have built HSR to every nook and corner whether they have the passenger carrying capacity or not all for boosting GDP. India should first make all state capitals world class and slowly connect them with HSR. Some cities which are along the way between 2 state capitals can also be connected in this way to increase passenger carrying capacity. This will give a boost to Tier 2 cities and economic activities can be spread out and even hinterlands can enjoy the fruits of economic growth.

In all this don't forget the power consumption of HSR. When you are building HSR you got to build power plants which can support HSR 24/7. They consume lot of electricity. A train going at 320km/h consumes more electricity than the one which goes at 250km/h. So we better optimally use our resources and only use HSR where there is lot of demand. Power consumption is one of the reasons Maglev will not replace HSR.
I hope that the Indian government builds more than just 8 or 9 nuclear plants over the next 10 years. I hope, and I really hope, they go for 20 or 30. No time to delay with this either. Nuclear power can provide near 100% of power supply uninterrupted.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I hope that the Indian government builds more than just 8 or 9 nuclear plants over the next 10 years. I hope, and I really hope, they go for 20 or 30. No time to delay with this either. Nuclear power can provide near 100% of power supply uninterrupted.
9 are under construction and 12 more are approved to be build by 2031. So that's 21 new reactors by 2031.

Plus older reactors too have more units.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Maharashtra Bullet Train Land Aquisition Portion Reaches 91.28%, So, Now Tenders will Be out In Coming Weeks.

FbGE8E6UIAAWo7j.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Nagpur Futala Lake Gets World Class Musical Fountain Show with State of the art Seating Facility.

Capacity : 4,000.

Parking : 1,100 Vehicles.

FbGq-fMXEAAkyWt.jpeg
FbGrEl5UsAIfZDd.jpeg
FbGrHMCaUAEx-D4.jpeg
FbGrJ7BaIAAWPmb.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Pune Riverfront Project Picks Up Space as the Sample Stretch kicks off from Last Leg of Monsoon this Year. The Bids Have Been Invited. The Concept image of the riverfront project from Sangam bridge to Bundgarden stretch. The Length of Project : 44Km
The Cost : 900 crore rupees for Two Stretches.

FbOv9CeUsAE2YE4.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Pune Nashik High Speed Rail route was approved by NITI Aayog in April 2022 and is pending the approval of Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs. The Speed up the matters of land acquisition of private land, transfer of government and forest land.

FbVRlS7UIAEDSxu.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles