Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
In connection to this and Hong Kong . Biggest side business is shopping area in or near metro stations.
Tokyo metro owns buildings near the metro line ffs.
So what do you think that shopping malls around Delhi Metro, how profitable they could be in case of India? Most people in Delhi costly food at stalls at metro stations.

You are strictly pushing Hong Kong, the unique case here with higher per capita income and population density which is not a case with most of the world.
But my point is if a public transport system is dependent on the govt budget it will turn to shit .
How please?
The logic I am applying that if governments keeps compensating losses to support population transport with first class maintenance, the things would go on as it is. But in case they are pushed for profitability either quality of service should come down (maintenance; push for private vehicles) or passenger fares should be kept higher, which would lower down daily passenger load too (which isn't a purpose of public transport at all).

I have been maintaining this reason for me understood why governments around world bear losses but try to maintain a quality and affordable local public transport since they consider losses compensated by economy of the city. Or city will become a big mess.

I would like to get contradicted. Though with a good explanatory response than just see Hong Kong and malls that can be related to all countries.

karn

Country flag
So what do you think that shopping malls around Delhi Metro, how profitable they could be in case of India? Most people in Delhi costly food at stalls at metro stations.

You are strictly pushing Hong Kong, the unique case here with higher per capita income and population density which is not a case with most of the world.
THis case is already there in India . Heck its part of railways plan to turn profitable.

How please?
The logic I am applying that if governments keeps compensating losses to support population transport with first class maintenance, the things would go on as it is. But in case they are pushed for profitability either quality of service should come down (maintenance; push for private vehicles) or passenger fares should be kept higher, which would lower down daily passenger load too (which isn't a purpose of public transport at all).

I have been maintaining this reason for me understood why governments around world bear losses but try to maintain a quality and affordable local public transport since they consider losses compensated by economy of the city. Or city will become a big mess.

I would like to get contradicted. Though with a good explanatory response than just see Hong Kong and malls that can be related to all countries.
In our case state + central govt already front 40% of the upfront cost.
All governments state and central run deficits .. Anything counting on the budget is always in danger of getting cut . The assumption that government will always fund something is erroneous.
I get your point about govt spending for public good in this case services are extended to low ridership areas but losses in these areas are always expected to be balanced by high ridership areas.

Governments around the world do not bear the losses .. the transport company in question keeps going into debt before it is privatized or just shut down. Profitability has a direct correlation with actual usability of a system hence it is a metric that is always looked after by those that give the green light for such projects.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yamuna city (YEIDA authority) Metro rail of 35km length between Greater Noida and Jewar.

DMRC proposed the link metro from Knowledge Park-2 to Jewar Airport at the cost of Rs 5,329 crore.

The proposed metro rail line will be 35 km long with six stations and parallel to the Yamuna Expressway. This will benefit the people of Yamuna city along with Noida, Greater Noida and Delhi.

In the project, 4.18 km of the line will be underground, while 31.26 km of elevated line will be built. About Rs 5329 crore will be spent on the project.

According to a report by Nav Bharat Times, DMRC estimates that this link metro rail line can be built in 1.5 years.

Also, YEIDA plans to build another link metro rail line between the upcoming Noida airport and the existing IGI airport in Delhi (RRTS maybe?).

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The assumption that government will always fund something is erroneous.
Not really, it rather depends upon the thing. Government may not forever provide us insurances and pensions etc. but government will always bear the cost of infrastructure and public transport (until a magical star trek like technological appears) and new things come to our life.
I get your point about govt spending for public good in this case services are extended to low ridership areas but losses in these areas are always expected to be balanced by high ridership areas.
High ridership areas don't compensate for anything as size of network and maintenance cost is high inceasing. Nor government crazily spends money for every city regardless of its economic output size (reason why Delhi has a metro and Chandigarh doesn't). Low ridership areas will make losses simply insane.

As we have discussed earlier, most of urban public transport in world make loss but governments continue it as it compensates by boosting economy. Public transport is supposed to boost mobility and economy.
1. You can either properly manage the city with a cheap & good transport which even prevents people from buying cars. Indirectly saves national forex on oil too. You off course have to give them lucrative offer what keeps them in profit that they give up the comfort of personal vehicle.

2. or you can make public transport profitable, boost the amount of cars on roads, push the levels of air pollution, choke a densely populated city like Delhi with insane jams eventually leading to decline of city economy in long term.

This is not US/Canada/Australia. This is Asia and it's problems are more relatable to Europe.
That's all.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Safe & adequate drinking water through individual tap connections is perhaps the most imp development happening in India.
So far it has covered:
- 3.6 lakh crore ₹ budget
- 52% rural households (10 crore)
- 84.2% of govt schools
- 80% of anganwadi
Impact: 66% reduction in water-borne diseases

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
There is massive construction going on in Taloja Navi mumbai, as part of CIDCO's mass housing project. There are easily over 100 cranes on this site. Such construction scenes should be normalised in every city in the country. These prefabricated apartment towers beat slums any day of the weekView attachment 167346

View attachment 167340View attachment 167341View attachment 167342View attachment 167343View attachment 167344View attachment 167345

View attachment 167339
CIDCO is gonna build more spending a whopping ₹18,900 crores or $2.5 bn.
1661012896012.png

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Safe & adequate drinking water through individual tap connections is perhaps the most imp development happening in India.
So far it has covered:
- 3.6 lakh crore ₹ budget
- 52% rural households (10 crore)
- 84.2% of govt schools
- 80% of anganwadi
Impact: 66% reduction in water-borne diseases

Is the water being iodinated?

gajapati.

Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Monorail is a joke. Metro is better as it has significantly greater capacity and only cost a little more than monorail.
Metro is not scrapped, initial low volume passengers will be catered with Monorail and then it will have a dedicated Metro, as of now Dholera isn’t even a city yet so there’s still a lot to go.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It cost more money to convert to a metro from a monorail than to build a metro from the outstart.
I wanted to say that they will create a dedicated metro in Dholera apart from a Monorail, both systems will run simultaneously like it does in Mumbai. Although Dholera will take decades to get metro rail because it will not have the necessary population to support a full fledged MRTS system till 2040 which today is 0 apart from construction workers and officials I guess. So Monorail in this case makes sense.

karn

Country flag
I wanted to say that they will create a dedicated metro in Dholera apart from a Monorail, both systems will run simultaneously like it does in Mumbai. Although Dholera will take decades to get metro rail because it will not have the necessary population to support a full fledged MRTS system till 2040 which today is 0 apart from construction workers and officials I guess. So Monorail in this case makes sense.
Maybe this dude can convince you

Perhaps you are thinking of light rail. That can be done.

Last edited:

karn

Country flag
He is already a dumb guy, his videos aren’t worth posting imo. Much of his videos are meant for low IQ leftards.
Yeah true. But that won't save monorails from having expensive switching equipment. Other videos had the entire history of monorail to pad time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles