Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Butter Chicken

Country flag
I hope you can comprehend the sheer scale of fund required to undertake such development schemes.

There are approx 2 lakh people living in chandni Chowk. Several small buisness thrive in this area which are most opposed to redevelopment.

A conservatives calculation suggest a compensation of approx 20 to 25 billion to the land holders for the entire area.
What are you going to rebuild in that area that may offset such investment.

Not to mention how will you relocate such population and businesses.
There is a big mall coming up in Chandni Chowk(used to be a parking space, so no redevelopment)

Screenshot_2022-08-12-20-10-54-97_4937eb900e197f95da98f502ddfb10e1.jpg

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
There is a big mall coming up in Chandni Chowk(used to be a parking space, so no redevelopment)

View attachment 167404
Rest of the development can be carried out in Blocks.

Take this Particular Piece of land in red.

Screenshot_2022-08-12-20-10-54-97_4937eb900e197f95da98f502ddfb10e1.jpg

>Conduct a survey
>Verify the ownership papers
>Conduct survey of old buildings whether they are prone to collapse or not
>Those who do not hold paper are kicked out after a notice period of 1 year.
>Those whose buildings are found in tattered state will be kicked out after payment of pre defined prices.
>Those whose buildings are rather new can avail more liberal compensation.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ministry of Railway plans to roll out 4 Vande Bharat Express trains every month from November 2022. Within a year, most cities of India will get connected by Vande Bharat .

another case of LCA tejas we were promised 16 every year and it is nowhere near.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
another case of LCA tejas we were promised 16 every year and it is nowhere near.
actually this one will happen and was only delayed due to some sabotage issue as I heard.And also these kinds of project have always taken off and finish in india before if they were provided with a normal level of care.so I dont find anything to be afraid of.but it also means that I am not thinking this thing as some blockbuster stuff.because india should start aiming higher and break new ground in its own habits.such as redeveloping slums at a fast pace like you all mentioned fews pages back.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I hope you can comprehend the sheer scale of fund required to undertake such development schemes.

There are approx 2 lakh people living in chandni Chowk. Several small buisness thrive in this area which are most opposed to redevelopment.

A conservatives calculation suggest a compensation of approx 20 to 25 billion to the land holders for the entire area.

Ya'll Nibbiars you don't relocated but locate in same area with improved Infrastructure and Increased Heights and FSI which is impossible in Delhi. So abodend all the hopes nows.

Last edited:

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

Well for that money recovery we need reimplement the same Chandini Chowk with modern layout. Thus Taxes from Shops and property taxes from houses.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Well for that money recovery we need reimplement the same Chandini Chowk with modern layout. Thus Taxes from Shops and property taxes from houses.
Ya'll Nibbiars It's job of the owners to revedlope not the Government. And in the case of the BDD Chawls the resident were tenants so Mahada kicked Ins. This would be a cluster development. It's their choice how to reveale not the government. And at the most the government can make a basic master plans that it's. And how to implement rests on the residents.

Physx32

Country flag
interiors of the newly rolled out Vande Bharat rake by ICF, Chennai

Does anyone know what changes have ICF made in gen 2?
So far I'm aware of these things:
  • Upgraded air suspension.
  • The anti-roll bar has new shocks. So lesser body roll.
  • Has power output increased? I heard somewhere that 0-160 km/hr takes 140s instead of 145s of gen 1.
  • Seats have been changed. I couldn't find any other visual changes in the interior from today's videos.
So this is probably like a gen 1.2 than gen 2 of train 18.

karn

Country flag
Noida International Airport helped increase flat sales, hope more commercial towers come up in Noida in a proper CBD. Indian cities lack a proper CBD like we see in East Asian countries.
Not happening.. the cost of property there has already priced in the airport . Noida greater Noida faridabad , greater Faridabad .etc etc.(the entire NCR shitshow) .
If anyone is planning on buying property there I'd say negotiate hard .. it will only get worse there

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
J&K | Golden joint of world's highest Chenab railway bridge to be launched today This has been a long journey.

The term 'Golden Joint' was coined by civil engineers.... It's the world's highest railway bridge: Sanjay Gupta, Chairman & MD, Konkan Railway

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Golden joint means bolted joint in center when you are launching from both sides.
Indeed very long journey and stills there’s more.This guy is CMD of KRCL for very long time. I guess since 2015.
isnt this bridge going to open soon.i have been hearing about it for a long time.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
Does anyone know what changes have ICF made in gen 2?
So far I'm aware of these things:
  • Upgraded air suspension.
  • The anti-roll bar has new shocks. So lesser body roll.
  • Has power output increased? I heard somewhere that 0-160 km/hr takes 140s instead of 145s of gen 1.
  • Seats have been changed. I couldn't find any other visual changes in the interior from today's videos.
So this is probably like a gen 1.2 than gen 2 of train 18.

1. Change of formation with individual units with a non-driving Trailer Coach in the middle like an EMU for better acceleration/deceleration.

2. Time to reach 160 Kmph is 140 seconds compared to 145 seconds earlier.

3. Emergency lighting - 4 nos. in each coach for powering the lights in case all electricity connection fail in comparison with NIL earlier

4. 4 platform side cameras including rear view cameras outside the coach instead of 2 earlier.

5. Better heat ventilation and air-conditioning control by using higher efficiency compressor with UV lamp for germ free supply of air. This was not there in the earlier version.

6. The present coaches have Level-II safety integration certification for better train control management

7. Separate ventilation duct on the side wall as against part of traction motor earlier

8. 2 Nos. signal exchange lights on the coaches for exchange of signal with the way side stations

9. Fire detection system based on Aerosol fire suppression system in all coaches in place of just smoke detection system in the earlier coaches. Better fire safety.

10. Bigger Passenger Information and Infotainment System of 32" in every coach instead of 24" earlier.

11. Better Coach Control Management System for monitoring Air-Conditioning, communication and feed back to control centre/maintenance staff through GSM/GPRS.

12. Better riding comfort for passenger at 3.5 (riding index).

13. 4 Nos. emergency windows added in every coach.

14. Residual acceleration at 0.1 m/second at 160 Kmph as against 0.05 m/sec.

15. Better flood proofing for under-slung electrical equipments that will withstand floods up to a height of 650 mm as against 400 mm earlier.

16. Class 3 and 4 surge arrestors for electrical safety as against Class 2 and 3 surge arrestors earlier

17. Driver-Guard communication with voice recording facility.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
1. Change of formation with individual units with a non-driving Trailer Coach in the middle like an EMU for better acceleration/deceleration.

2. Time to reach 160 Kmph is 140 seconds compared to 145 seconds earlier.

3. Emergency lighting - 4 nos. in each coach for powering the lights in case all electricity connection fail in comparison with NIL earlier

4. 4 platform side cameras including rear view cameras outside the coach instead of 2 earlier.

5. Better heat ventilation and air-conditioning control by using higher efficiency compressor with UV lamp for germ free supply of air. This was not there in the earlier version.

6. The present coaches have Level-II safety integration certification for better train control management

7. Separate ventilation duct on the side wall as against part of traction motor earlier

8. 2 Nos. signal exchange lights on the coaches for exchange of signal with the way side stations

9. Fire detection system based on Aerosol fire suppression system in all coaches in place of just smoke detection system in the earlier coaches. Better fire safety.

10. Bigger Passenger Information and Infotainment System of 32" in every coach instead of 24" earlier.

11. Better Coach Control Management System for monitoring Air-Conditioning, communication and feed back to control centre/maintenance staff through GSM/GPRS.

12. Better riding comfort for passenger at 3.5 (riding index).

13. 4 Nos. emergency windows added in every coach.

14. Residual acceleration at 0.1 m/second at 160 Kmph as against 0.05 m/sec.

15. Better flood proofing for under-slung electrical equipments that will withstand floods up to a height of 650 mm as against 400 mm earlier.

16. Class 3 and 4 surge arrestors for electrical safety as against Class 2 and 3 surge arrestors earlier

17. Driver-Guard communication with voice recording facility.

Regarding point 12. Is the ride index looks very high? Also Kavach is integrated. Thus we have our own ETCS. First major changes coming with signaling

fooLIam

Na
isnt this bridge going to open soon.i have been hearing about it for a long time.
nah,
now superstructure is almost completed. But they need to installs bearing or may be already done(no idea). After that track laying, signal laying etc. and some other minor things.
Also This is one bridge ,there’s more ,Tunnels also. You can’t run train until all of them completed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles