Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Blademaster

Da duck mate we cannot make our cities look like that Zooropeans ones we have way more population density than them.
The results will always look like shit.
Wrong. It is the mentality that we need to change. If Indonesia, Singapore and Japan can make clean cities despite having higher population density than most Indian cities, then the problem lies within us, the Indian people.

Blademaster

Metro: Intra-city commute, air conditioned rakes. Also connects satellite cities (like Delhi-Noida, Kolkata-Howrah).

RRTS: Regional transit system for Inter-city commute. Like intercity locals but with AC rakes and high frequency.

Suburban Rail: A substandard service operated by IR. Ride the local trains only if you have no option/money or want to travel in subhuman conditions.
Suburban rail should be converted into RRTS and tracks expanded to make way for more capacity. Also expand the Mumbai Metro. This will alleviate subhuman conditions and get rid of super dense crush loading during peak hours which causes the most complaints.

IndianHawk

Country flag
and then you have pajeets like this who will gladly ignore 99.999999% of Indian streets and focus on the 10 roads in the entire country that doesnt resemble a 4th world slum and claim everything is good. Ruling India must be the easiest job in the world. People have literally 0 expectations and you dont need to deliver anything either.

^ this is the funniest tweet in the thread. Posts a picture literally proving the point and claims it looks good :crying::crying::crying:
That picture looks decent . Road condition could have been more smooth but it's clean mostly.

Akula

Country flag
and then you have pajeets like this who will gladly ignore 99.999999% of Indian streets and focus on the 10 roads in the entire country that doesnt resemble a 4th world slum and claim everything is good. Ruling India must be the easiest job in the world. People have literally 0 expectations and you dont need to deliver anything either.

^ this is the funniest tweet in the thread. Posts a picture literally proving the point and claims it looks good :crying::crying::crying:
Completely agree with you. Look at the road. No drainage channels on both the sides. Despite being a wide road, no lane marking. Thank god it's a concrete road, otherwise it would have been filled with potholes. Even concrete roads have potholes. Why? Reason is quality of concrete. There is no quality control during making of concrete. Contractors use same old rotating drums for mixing concrete. Can't even use RMC trucks for pouring concrete. And then there is electric pole which will not be shifted and will take up 20-30% space of a lane.

SKC

Country flag
Wrong. It is the mentality that we need to change. If Indonesia, Singapore and Japan can make clean cities despite having higher population density than most Indian cities, then the problem lies within us, the Indian people.
Yes the problem is with Indian people. We want cities to improve but the moment a Sarkari JCB comes to ran down the slums, we only start protesting and become ready to lie down in front of JCB to stop the work.

Plus the new found love for the environment. Then how are we supposed to develop our cities?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Da duck mate we cannot make our cities look like that Zooropeans ones we have way more population density than them.
The results will always look like shit.
Does it matter, sirji tell me honestly does it even matter
Iranian cities, in the nearby regions look splendid to me .
Not tehran but small towns , saw some of them when I used to watch videos of a pakistani biker who did a road trip from Germany to indian border

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Does it matter, sirji tell me honestly does it even matter
Iranian cities, in the nearby regions look splendid to me .
Not tehran but small towns , saw some of them when I used to watch videos of a pakistani biker who did a road trip from Germany to indian border
I feel we need to re think out approach with cities going for a mix of low density traditional smaller towns (having ancient architecture) and high density metropolis (having modern architecture) This might make our cities stand out mostly.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles