Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Chinmoy

Country flag
Rather sufficient space for lane merging they abruptly merged it. Our contractors and NHAI not following road design is pathetic. For one road it is fine but now all projects there is some design flaw.
Spoke with a friend who is employed with a construction company regarding this.

As per him, this kind of design is brought in specifically keeping in mind the Indian driving habits. Most of the drivers, specifically of pvt owned vehicles, are confused drivers. Whenever there is such an intersection or diversion in road, people tend to stop their vehicle after crossing it and decide on whether to take the straight route or take any shortcut if there is any on that diversion. On top of it, if the left hand diversion is just 500 mtrs or 1 km away, they have this tendency to drive on wrong side to approach it rather then driving on the Right hand side road and take a detour. This kind of ramp infact brings down a lot of accidents waiting to happen.

2nd reason is because of the people residing nearby. We all know how land acquisition for such projects work in India. People around the area have a habit of opening up eateries or small shops right at places like this. The vehicle riders too take it as a habit to compulsively stop vehicles right at point like these. So ramp like these do act as temporary parking space.

3rd reason is again another time and money saving tricks of ours. Lets say I have to go to a town X for which the two lane road starts from the diversion. 7 out of 10 times, I would ride a vehicle which have to go to town Y instead. And I would get down right at the diversion to cross over. In those case also, these kind of ramp do act as stopping bay for public vehicles.

Could this be stop? Yes. Just make stringent law and force people to follow it. But we all know what will happen in that case.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
I thought we have indigenous solutions for 5G. Why go to a foreign vendor for such a critical component of our infrastructure?
We are not there yet . Cant manufacture end to end telecom equipment . Jio might be manufacturing few component as they have done some investments and acquisitions . Electronics and component manufacturing ecosystem ll require several years . But we can design locally and get component from korea , Taiwan .

There is a emerging ecosystem in india for telecom equipment and sotware consisting of companies like signalchip , saankhya labs , tejas network , sterlite technology ,VVDN technology etc . Will require lots of investments in R&D . Till then we have to be depended upon trusted sources .

jai jaganath

Country flag
I thought we have indigenous solutions for 5G. Why go to a foreign vendor for such a critical component of our infrastructure?
But there was a talk that Ericsson was setup its plant in India
I could be wrong as I can't remember properly

Blademaster

But there was a talk that Ericsson was setup its plant in India
I could be wrong as I can't remember properly
Its the access to the source code that's more important than setting up a plant in India. Indian security agencies need to be able to examine the 5G source code to ensure no vulnerabilities exist that could be exploited.

jai jaganath

Country flag

jai jaganath

Country flag
I basically don't know how to put a time strap
So pls check this out I could say timing is about 4.30 to 5 pm
Very clear interview and amazing knowledge regarding the field

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I basically don't know how to put a time strap
So pls check this out I could day timing is about 4.30 to 5 pm
Very clear interview and amazing knowledge regarding the field
Write question mark (?)< no space>letter “t”<no space>Equals to symbol (=)<no soace>Time in seconds (i,e, 5:40 timestamp equals 340 seconds).
So ?t=340 at the end of any youtube video link.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Write question mark (?)< no space>letter “t”<no space>Equals to symbol (=)<no soace>Time in seconds (i,e, 5:40 timestamp equals 340 seconds).
So ?t=340 at the end of any youtube video link.
Nahi ho raha hai bhai
Sorry
Samajh me bhi nahi aya try kar raha hun
If someone can then pls as its not that far just 45 mins ago

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Nahi ho raha hai bhai
Sorry
Samajh me bhi nahi aya try kar raha hun
If someone can then pls as its not that far just 45 mins ago
This is the link of the video (I’ve added a space between https and : )
https ://youtu.be/lyeyoqwXm5o

If you want to add a timestamp of 3:40 (3 mins and 40 seconds = 220 seconds).
Then do this
https ://youtu.be/lyeyoqwXm5o?t=220

Just add ?t=220 or whatever seconds.

jai jaganath

Country flag

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Let me honest our so called Cellular vendors whined regarding the 5Gi standard. This forced to IIT to rework and integrate with Global 5G standards.

We are expecting this chaddiwalas to incorporate Indian 5G systems. Incase we don't put blanket ban on Chinese vendors Airtel will buy either ZTE or Huawei. Now they are forced to buy from European vendors.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Let me honest our so called Cellular vendors whined regarding the 5Gi standard. This forced to IIT to rework and integrate with Global 5G standards.

We are expecting this chaddiwalas to incorporate Indian 5G systems. Incase we don't put blanket ban on Chinese vendors Airtel will buy either ZTE or Huawei. Now they are forced to buy from European vendors.
If u see his interview then u will see many components are being made here may be most of the critical components course be from China but still a good start
But yeah few components has to be imported as we couldn't manufacture it mostly it will be from eu but Chinese imports not possible now as there are many restrictions right now

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles